In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51156 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#49446 Aug 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I printed this and wiped my ass with it. 5 copies were needed.
We forgive you, it must be difficult being so full of sh*t.

Location hidden

#49447 Aug 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who is incapable of leaving this forum due to constant fear of my God.
Your imagination does not affect my life in the slightest. You not understanding this fact is part of your mental illness.

Location hidden

#49448 Aug 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what I mean, you retarded atheist pig.
Just prove your god and leave all atheist pigs out of it. They're happy being atheist.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#49451 Aug 9, 2013
The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person. Murder, rape, pillage, plunder, slavery, and child abuse can not be justified by saying that some god says it’s OK. If more people would actually sit down and read the Bible there would be a lot more atheists like myself.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what I mean, you retarded atheist pig.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#49452 Aug 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I printed this and wiped my ass with it. 5 copies were needed.
The babble is better, tends to be softer paper and a whole babble will last you maybe a week if you don’t eat to much spicy food. Much more economical, considering they give them away free in hotel rooms because they need to get rid of the overprint.

#49454 Aug 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an atheist PIG-tard. I can see why you will suffer and burn in Hell.
All you can do is dream about what you have been told to dream about, you would not know an original thought if one sat on your face and farted

#49458 Aug 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who is incapable of leaving this forum due to constant fear of my God.
Say what? Are you really that delusional?

Location hidden

#49461 Aug 9, 2013
"I'm going to create man and woman with original sin. Then I'm going to impregnate a woman with myself as her child, so that I can be born in human form. Once alive, I will kill myself as a sacrifice to myself. To save you from the sin I originally condemned you to. Ta dah!"

God - master of logic since the beginning of time
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
But you didn't understand what you read, and I seriously doubt you ever prayed to God like the bible says to do.

Location hidden

#49462 Aug 9, 2013
Why is our justice system based on a book that would be thrown out of court through lack of evidence?
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on your post, you are claiming that God does exist.

#49463 Aug 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why you deserve to be in your Hell , sooner than later.
Ahh personal opinion, what you rant is personal opinion, that explains all.

Honey, it’s your hell, feel free to enjoy it, to most people, including many christians, all you are doing is vomiting poo in the fundy way that explains why christinaity is in decline.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#49464 Aug 9, 2013
swerty wrote:
The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).
This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person. Murder, rape, pillage, plunder, slavery, and child abuse can not be justified by saying that some god says it’s OK. If more people would actually sit down and read the Bible there would be a lot more atheists like myself.<quoted text>
Good points. A deity which permits slavery, stoning and other vile crimes is totally unworthy of worship.

#49465 Aug 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the ugliness of atheism. See how hateful the above atheist is?
Very, very hateful. It's what the religion of atheism is all about.
Can you actually do anything else other than lie and hate?

Is this what christianity has taught you to be, a lying, hating troll?

You are such a pathetic example even by the high standards of pathetic examples of your godbot faith
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#49466 Aug 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the Bible God does >not< exist, these myths and stories are contradicted by the real evidence.

#49467 Aug 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope he is claiming that’s what the babble says of the god of the babble.

i.e. the babble claims your god can commit genocide with impunity, condones slavery, child abuse and child murder (in fact the book claims he is pretty good at murdering first born children himself)

There is quite a difference between fact and what is written in mythical book penned by escaped slaves and goat herders. But of course you are a godbot and so you have extreme difficulty comprehending the difference between fact and mythology

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49468 Aug 9, 2013
swerty wrote:
This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person.
The Constitution of the USA allowed for slavery until after the Civil War. It was "normal" to own people.

(At least the USA *has* a constitution...)

What you (and society) considers moral (immoral) today will change over time. You think you'd behave differently, i.e., maintain what you think is moral now had you step back two or three thousand years?

You are a bigot now.

Location hidden

#49469 Aug 9, 2013
swerty wrote:
"I'm going to create man and woman with original sin. Then I'm going to impregnate a woman with myself as her child, so that I can be born in human form. Once alive, I will kill myself as a sacrifice to myself. To save you from the sin I originally condemned you to. Ta dah!"
Man wasn't created with original sin.

For parodies to be successful, they have to contain an element of truth.

Yours has none.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#49470 Aug 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
..What you (and society) considers moral (immoral) today will change over time. You think you'd behave differently,..
You have totally missed the point.

According to theists, an unchanging perfect >God< is supposed to reveal his perfect truth to the Bible.

The fact that we today find the Bible immoral and in parts horrific, is positive proof, that a Bible God does not exist, but is the fabrication of primitive minds.

Location hidden

#49471 Aug 9, 2013
spudgun wrote:
You have totally missed the point.
According to theists, an unchanging perfect >God< is supposed to reveal his perfect truth to the Bible.
I didn't miss the point at all: I refuted it.

And a theist is a person who believes in a "god" or "gods"- now we have someone putting all theists in the same pile?

Location hidden

#49472 Aug 9, 2013
spudgun wrote:
The fact that we today find the Bible immoral and in parts horrific, is positive proof, that a Bible God does not exist,
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It proves no such thing!

Location hidden

#49473 Aug 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<
Can you actually do anything else other than lie and hate?
You lie and hate and you eat and eat and eat and you have sex with strangers for not very much money.

Who are you to judge, Chubby?

Maybe if you put down that biscuit, you could charge more?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Speaking for God 10 min Three Psyche 591
There are no such things as gods or fairies 1 hr Eagle 12 34
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Brian_G 31,294
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Reason Personified 13,301
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Reason Personified 4,350
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr ChristineM 255,309
Majority of Scots now have no religion 12 hr emperorjohn 8
More from around the web