In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#49297 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you completely. Atheists are do -nothing dead beats. The proof has been around for centuries.. All they do is waste their lives trying desperately to justify their way out of going to Hell. It won't work and they know that.
I laugh as I watch them scurry with phony excuses and lies. Liberals lie.
its because you're weak spineless coward that you cannot prove your god and must attack atheists instead.

When you have grown up and discovered that lying about god will not get you anywhere in life, we will be happy to talk, not before.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#49298 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, with their hands out , palms side up.
When you're brave enough to prove your god with actual evidence, your opinions about everything else might matter a more.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#49300 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
5 sentences. 5 lies.
Prove any one of them wrong.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#49301 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, with their hands out , palms side up.
And helping those in need of help.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#49303 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and we are . I never saw an atheist organization help a soul during the tornado damage in Illinois and Kentucky. Only faith based and Christian groups showed up with food , water, money, lodging, carpentry, supplies, etc.
You lazy atheists just sat on your couches spending tax dollars bickering about a God that does exist.
Ahh so you are saying that the American Red cross, the UNCF and Oxfam never helped out or are you simply lying again?

Or perhaps your are saying that ALL the local atheist organisations just turned their backs. Organisations like Foundation Beyond Belief who raised over $45,000 for victim aid. FreeOK atheist group helped families who needed wreckage removed. And many more…

Local atheist groups such as the Oklahoma Atheists, Atheist Community of Tulsa, the Lawton Area Secular Society, Norman Naturalism Group, and the Oklahoma State Secular Organization have organised volunteers, resources, and blood drives.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/24/1218...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/23/times-j...

What it comes down to is the fact that you are repeating a christian lie, the fact that it is a christian lie makes no difference to the fact that is juts a lie. You think that attempting to bolster your religion with lies is the way to go? no wonder the christina church is in decline.

Lying for your god is a worse offence in the eyes of your god than any other.

Christians say that Satan is the father of lies, tell me why yopu worsip your god satan by lying?

I seem to remember that the highly religious US had to be shamed in to offering aid to the victims of the 2004 tsunami.

#49305 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. You are an atheist.
Nope, I have no god to lie for, and unlike in my previous post where I proved you a liar you have no such proof.

#49308 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Just look at how angry and nasty this atheist is. Atheists are such hateful people.
Whassup butt breath, all you need to do is accept that you are a deliberately ignorant liar and all this can go away

If you don’t like the sh|t you stir up then the simple answer is stop stirring up the sh|t

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#49309 Jul 31, 2013
Libs are morons wrote:
<quoted text>
So very VERY true.... it is no co-ink-ee-dink that athiest are always liberal.... and sitting on your arse waiting for someone else to do the work for you and then complaining about it, is indeed the liberal way.
Atheists tend to be doing the work because it needs to be done, not because they expect some eternal reward. They are often liberal because they are generally more intelligent and are more aware of how people are.

Why is it that the same areas of the US that are highly religious are also the least educated, the most obese, and the least educated? Oh, and they are also the red states.

#49312 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have the burden to prove to you there is a God. When you are dead, you'll get the painful proof.
I get the feeling you know there is a God .....you just rebel and reject God and this forum is your way of showing your ass.
Your gutless life will be forgotten as you eternally perish.
Is this guesswork or do you actually have proof of what you say?

Of course you don’t you silly fool, you are living in a dream of speculation based on the writing of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves.

What is so unfortunate is that you expect others, with considerably more intelligence than you, to bow down to your personal dream of “d’oh, I don’t understand so god musta did it by magic”

And when people say “stop dreaming” then you get all upset and shouty and abusive and lie and stamp your feet like a petulant child and blame you own personality defects on atheists as is the christian way.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#49315 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Your human body is enough proof. That alone proves there is a God , you stupid idiot.
LOL LOL ok idiot shut the F up...If you have some real proof tell it but not BS lies...Your religious HAVE NOTHING lies and myth don't count freak. I hope that when my grand kids children are adults all religion will have died out..It is heading that way...
deviLprincess

Odintsovo, Russia

#49316 Jul 31, 2013
ADD ME ON S/K/Y/P/E

teaser94.cs

lets chat and have fun!:)

p.s.

purely business!:)

#49318 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Funds were government based..
Also, they only helped out because it affected communities in their own backyard. They don't travel states away to help.
Stingy selfish bastards.
The funds raised by organisations like Foundation Beyond Belief were NOT government based sot here we have another lie.

And did christian organisations travel? Your thick moron, you are discussing a disaster area travel was difficult even for the military however you should note that the first 3 organisations I mentioned are national or international, therefore in some cases they travelled more than states, they travelled countries or even continents.

Also remember that in the effected states more than 75% are christian, and according to reports (and christians) less than 2% are atheist. You would expect a correspondingly lower turnout of atheists simply because there are LESS athiests.

Using those statistics atheists did far, FAR more than christians.

But, hey, feel free to lie for your god it that’s what gets you all hot and horny.

Remember your god can see you lying, as can everyone else that reads this thread.

And as for your lying snide comment of “Stingy selfish bastards”. I can honestly say that I have never come across any group of people more deliberately ignorant, lying, peevish, tight fisted, self centred, close ranks, egotistical, immoral and violent as christians are. However I will admit there are a few decent ones among them. But hey, that’s just my opinion (and the opinion of several others including some christians I know who consider you the worst sort of christian and a bad advertisement for christianity)

#49319 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying for Satan, and you know it.
Nope. I don’t lie, I have no god to lie for and I have zero tolerance for lies, which is one reason I can’t stand christian liars

You are the one worshipping you god of lies.

There is a simple answer though, just stop lying and confirm you entry to your heaven.

#49320 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
Well , while you lazy do nothing atheists sit on your couches all day and bash me, I've got to get to work and do productive things to help others.
Hopefully some of you losers will grow up today and realize how empty your atheist lives are.
Well while you, the lazy, lying christian who has no conscience and is willing to lie for his god is ranting and spouting lies about what he does not understand I have been working for over 6 hours and added a small but significant sum to the US deficit.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#49322 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Weiner trying to be your mayor?
No. Is Jeb Bush your governor? Is Cuccinelli trying to be your governor? Is your state legislature pushing laws through at the last moment that restrict basic rights to vote? or to have an abortion?
Or did an atheist shoot up and kill a bunch of kids in your local school or theater?
yes, actually.
Typical liberal atheist infested areas tend to have those problems.
No, the shooting is because of the lack of gun laws in the US. Other countries, even the atheist ones, don't have that problem.
Atheists tend to do no work, especially you.
You have no idea what work I do.
deviLprincess

Odintsovo, Russia

#49324 Jul 31, 2013
ADD ME ON S/K.Y/P/E

teaser94.cs

hit me up boys!:)

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49327 Jul 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
And here's a link to the study, you pig-ignorant piece of sh*t:
89 percent religious affiliation; atheists 1.2 percent.

Wipe your chin, shug.

Location hidden

#49328 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you had already agreed to that, or was that just another error you made that you hope will go away?
You don't think and you can't read, Chubs.

Location hidden

#49329 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Yes that was an error, should have read congratulate, but look, contrary to your lies, I am perfectly able to accept my dyslexia sometimes means I make mistakes in spelling and grammar.
The members of the House of Lords are appointed, Skanque. You don't have it in you to admit your errors.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#49330 Jul 31, 2013
I am REAL REAL REAL Conservative yet I am an atheist.

Guess that crushes the neocon Nazi fascist type lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe fortuna 232,915
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 2,289
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 6 hr Mikko 2
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 6 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 7 hr Thinking 3
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 14 hr _Bad Company 143
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Sat polymath257 23,199
More from around the web