In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#49357 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists worship Satan. They just claim they don't. You are a habitual liar.
Atheists don't believe in satan, jeenyus.

It takes a weak mind to believe in god, jesus, satan, heaven, and hell.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#49361 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
BTW. I just posted your hateful comment on my Facebook page. I've been doing it for weeks.
You lie.

A quick advanced google search of Facebook domain, with the quote you claimed you posted?

Zero results.

Not even a partial quote could be located.

YOU LIED.

You did not quote his post to your facebook page.

You pretty much lie 100% of the time, don't you?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#49362 Jul 31, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists don't believe in satan, jeenyus.
It takes a weak mind to believe in god, jesus, satan, heaven, and hell.
A mind that has been severely damaged, too.

What was used on him? Was hate-- he shows his hate every time he posts here.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49363 Jul 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
A quick advanced google search of Facebook domain, with the quote you claimed you posted?
What makes you think Google is successful in finding all quotes anywhere? even if you limited to facebook?

Location hidden

#49364 Jul 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie.
Information:

No results found for "A quick advanced google search of Facebook domain, with the quote you claimed you posted?".

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#49366 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Its because you're ignorant that you believe this.

Atheism is a simple disbelief in bullsh*t invented by mentally ill folk over the years, for which no evidence has been ever bothered to be presented.

Yet here the mentally ill folk are, trying to convince us that they aren't liars.

Location hidden

#49368 Jul 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Atheism is a simple disbelief in bullsh*t invented by mentally ill folk over the years
T'aint.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#49369 Aug 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong and you are the liar hare!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#49370 Aug 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
T'aint.
Yes you are!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#49371 Aug 1, 2013
One good example of this copying of Text is the story of "Noah's Ark". A very similar epic appeared some thousands of years before the bible in Ancient Sumeria. Only, in the Ancient Sumerian Epic, Enki (The God of Science and Engineering) appeared to Ziusudra and instructed him to build a boat that would be able to withstand a large wave of water, as some of the other Gods had been planning to let humanity suffer in the coming deluge. Enki also instructed Ziusudra to take onto the boat the "seeds of life", so that after the flood, life could be sustained on earth once again.
This epic appeared thousands of years before "Noah's Ark" of the bible.

There are tons of other examples. Everything in the bible, even down to the "star characters" has it's Pagan match and was stolen from Pagan Texts.

"Jewish monotheism was stolen from Egyptian Akhenaton
The Jewish creation was stolen from the Egyptian Creation ¹
The Jewish Yahweh's use of the word to create was stolen from the Egyptians (Jewish Yaweh replaces Ptah)²
"Let there be Light" was stolen from the Theban Creation epic.³
The "firmament in the midst of the waters…" was stolen from the Egyptian Creation4
Adam and Eve were stolen from the Egyptian Geb and Nut 5
Eve coming from Adam's rib was stolen from the Epic of Enki and
Ninhursag: "My brother what hurts thee?
"My rib hurts me"
ANET, 41.
Ninti who's name means
"Lady of the Rib" cured Enki's rib6

Adam and Eve's punishment and loss of immortality were stolen from the Mesopotamian story of Adapa
(Jewish Yaweh replaces Sumerian Enki)7

Jewish Cain, Abel and Seth were stolen from Osiris, Set and Horus8

The conflict between Cain and Abel was stolen from Set and Osiris and as the story goes on, it is later based upon the Sumerian Dumuzi and Enkimdu 9

Jewish Samson was stolen from Heracles,

The putting out of his eyes is based on Oedipus
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're brave enough to disprove your claim God's does not exist, please let us know.
But I will remind- again- that you lie when I "claimed" that God- or gods- exist.
You assert: you prove.
I say to you yet again: you are a m/f c/s liar.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#49372 Aug 1, 2013
The zodiac is mentioned in the Bible at Job 38:32, where the author refers to the "Mazzaroth"/12 signs.

The tribes of Israel are split into 12.

Jesus has 18 years missing, which happen to be between the ages of 12 and 30. 12 astrological signs split into 30 degree segments on the circular zodiac chart. Of course the Sun is placed in the middle of the chart on the cross formed by the solstices and equinoxes.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#49373 Aug 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider the inability to admit you are wrong in the face of overwhelming proof a deformity.
E.G.(of many) House of Lords are (you insist) elected.
Obviously, your dyslexia- if I wanted to pretend to believe your narrative- hinders your ability to read and write and... it appears... to think.
You are welcome to consider whatever you want, that of course does not make it fact, BTW from your obnoxious ranting it looks like you have not kicked a cripple today

What proof? You stamping your foot? Don’t be so bloody stupid, that’s not proof, that’s just you stamping your foot.

What you believe accounts for your confusion and ignorance is your affair?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to be acting like it than to be on the dole, and taking medication for it.
Not successfully, according to the neighbors downwind from you.
Skanque...
Ignored on the grounds that you are a scrounging and lying T\/\/AT with the imagination of sewer rat and a hole in the head that has leaked out any sense you maybe once had.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a blithering idiot would presume the owner of a gun is holding it illegally.
Why not stick to English topics that you know nothing about- like the UK Parliament.
Only a US citizen of little intelligence who happens to also be a blithering idiot would presume that laws in all countries are the same as in the US.

And only a stupid fool would presume that someone in a country with lax gun laws like the US and who is unable to hold a gun on legal grounds (convicted felon for example) follows the letter of the law.

Why don’t you stick to Tom and Jerry, perhaps you would be able to comprehend.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The members of the House of Lords are appointed, Skanque. You don't have it in you to admit your errors.
Your pedantic and deliberate confusion of the meaning of the word appointment and the makeup of the crown appointments committee and house of commons and how they operate is your own problem. I have no need to lie to massage your ego just because you are not man enough to massage yourself.

FYI and just to ease your confusion, I seem to remember you ranting on about how your president is elected (by the Electoral College) by the people. The members of the house of lords are “elected” in a similar manner.

Or are you going to change your mind about the “election” of the US president?

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#49374 Aug 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie for your god? Does it help when you kneel and mentally masturbate?

It is obvious you have no concept of the meaning of the word atheist (and no concept of such a lot more)

Location hidden

#49376 Aug 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome to consider whatever you want, that of course does not make it fact,
Facts make them facts.

Wipe your chins, Chubby.

No one is going to make you admit you are wrong any more than just one person can push you up that wheelchair ramp.

Location hidden

#49377 Aug 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Only a US citizen of little intelligence who happens to also be a blithering idiot would presume that laws in all countries are the same as in the US.
Citizen.

A title you will never have, fatty.

Location hidden

#49378 Aug 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Your pedantic and deliberate confusion of the meaning of the word appointment
Message from the Chairman

As Chair of the House of Lords Appointments Commission I should like to welcome you to our website.

It is my belief that an effective Second Chamber is an important part of our constitution and our democracy. But it will only be effective if it has the right people working in it. This is where the Appointments Commission plays its part.

The Commission's role is to select new independent members of the House of Lords and to vet party-political nominations put forward by the political parties. We select independent members on merit and on their commitment to the work of the House of Lords, in scrutinising legislation, sitting on committees and participating in debates. We want to add to the breadth of expertise and experience that already exists within the House and to ensure that the House of Lords represents the diversity of the people of the UK. Given the present discussions about House of Lords reform, the Prime Minister has asked that we put forward no more than two recommendations for appointment over the course of a year.

Lord Jay of Ewelme
Chairman of the Appointments Commission
http://lordsappointments.independent.gov.uk/

Location hidden

#49379 Aug 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection.
Says the idiot who claims his god applies to every living thing.

Location hidden

#49380 Aug 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
T'aint.
Its because you're a coward that you cannot prove your god. Its the only reason really - a lying coward with no balls.

Location hidden

#49381 Aug 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Ignored on the grounds that you are a scrounging and lying T\/\/AT with the imagination of sewer rat and a hole in the head
Obviously not ignored- as you ignored those odors the neighbors couldn't miss.

Take the entire treatment, Skanque.

Location hidden

#49382 Aug 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
FYI and just to ease your confusion, I seem to remember you ranting on about how your president is elected (by the Electoral College) by the people. The members of the house of lords are “elected” in a similar manner.
The difference would be the POTUS and the members of the Electoral College are elected, and the members of the House of Lords are are appointed.

Each and every one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 29 min was auch immer 87,669
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 53 min Eagle 12 - 259
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) 2 hr ChristineM 144
Why does Congress have a Chaplain ? Sat Wilmington 1
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Sat Wisdom of Ages 5,843
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 21 ChristineM 4,035
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
More from around the web