In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#49331 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you got paid.
christians in a disaster area sorry no food no clothes before you convert to christianity

Location hidden

#49332 Jul 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
89 percent religious affiliation; atheists 1.2 percent.
Wipe your chin, shug.
where do you get those procents ? creation.org ? icr.org ? creation.com ? your ass ?

Location hidden

#49333 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying for Satan, and you know it.
Atheists do not believe in satan you are the one believing in satan that makes you into a satan believer!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49334 Jul 31, 2013
Libs are morons wrote:
<quoted text>
So very VERY true.... it is no co-ink-ee-dink that athiest are always liberal....
Not at all.

https://www.facebook.com/TAConservative

Location hidden

#49335 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Yes that was an error, should have read congratulate, but look, contrary to your lies, I am perfectly able to accept my dyslexia sometimes means I make mistakes in spelling and grammar.
What deformity is it that causes you lie every time you open your mouth?

Location hidden

#49336 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
But of course you ignore your possible error so we assume that it was no error at all and you agree with my that the House of Lords is (in it’s way) elected, thank you
~stomp stomp stomp~

Location hidden

#49337 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
The company is busy, I sometimes am.
~stomp stomp stomp~

You don't think anyone is buying your narrative, Skanque?

Location hidden

#49338 Jul 31, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
No, the shooting is because of the lack of gun laws in the US. Other countries, even the atheist ones, don't have that problem.
What atheist countries?

PS: "lack" of gun laws don't cause shootings.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#49340 Jul 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think and you can't read, Chubs.
Why are you so confused, we are talking about your own posting here. Not my problem if you screwed up and agreed with me.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The members of the House of Lords are appointed, Skanque. You don't have it in you to admit your errors.
I have no need to lie to soothe your ego.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What deformity is it that causes you lie every time you open your mouth?
So you consider dyslexia a deformity eh? How sick your are.

P.S. I have no god to lie for and have a total intolerance of liars, I do not lie. But hey, you are free to imagine whatever makes you feel good about your scrounging lifestyle.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~stomp stomp stomp~
Your error, not mine, all you need to do is stop acting like a spoiled T\/\/AT and admit it.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~stomp stomp stomp~
You don't think anyone is buying your narrative, Skanque?
Oh my dreariest cuckold, I am not selling, you are welcome to it free of charge (as a scrounger that should suite you) or you can continue living your lie, I don’t really care.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#49341 Jul 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What atheist countries?
Sweden, Norway, and Switzerland are good examples. Most of Europe regards the religious fervor in the US with something akin to amusement mixed with terror. But they have very little gun crime.

Lack of gun laws certainly encourages the use and availability of guns. Without reasonable gun laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the insane (background checks, for example), we get the rash of killings we see in the US today.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#49342 Jul 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What atheist countries?
Strong gun laws minimise shootings but no one is going to stop the blithering idiot with a grudge and an illegally held gun.

Of course a pro gun zealot would say the statistics are BS and have no relevance to them because they are perfectly normal, law abiding gun owners and they know perfectly normal law abiding gun owners.

Or they may introduce irrelevancies like the car kills more people than the gun

I have even seen some fools saying a gun is not designed to kill or even a gun is not a weapon, it is a tool.

Yes it’s all fun until someone gets shot in the head, right?

Location hidden

#49343 Jul 31, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweden, Norway, and Switzerland are good examples.
None are atheist countries.

Dumbazz.

In fact, the state religions of Norway and Sweden were only recently removed as their "state" religion, with the state religion of Switzerland being vacated (as the state religion) 30 years ago.

NEXT!

Location hidden

#49344 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
So you consider dyslexia a deformity eh? How sick your are.
I consider the inability to admit you are wrong in the face of overwhelming proof a deformity.

E.G.(of many) House of Lords are (you insist) elected.

Obviously, your dyslexia- if I wanted to pretend to believe your narrative- hinders your ability to read and write and... it appears... to think.

Location hidden

#49345 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Your error, not mine, all you need to do is stop acting like a spoiled T\/\/AT and admit it.
Better to be acting like it than to be on the dole, and taking medication for it.

Not successfully, according to the neighbors downwind from you.

Skanque...

Location hidden

#49346 Jul 31, 2013
[QUOTE who="polymath257"
Lack of gun laws certainly encourages the use and availability of guns.[/QUOTE]

There are 275 million guns, minimally. Probably 300 million. Lack of gun laws do not encourage gun ownership.

Religion has not the remotest thing to do with gun ownership save for a minority who would not own them because of their religious beliefs.

Location hidden

#49347 Jul 31, 2013
[QUOTE who="Libs are morons"
As previously stated, libtards (read atiest) are never on site in times of calamity or natural disaster.[/QUOTE]

Total cr&p. There are no "Church of Atheists" which shows up on disaster sites as a "collective" anymore than do "English Women with Mustaches" (such as ChristineM).

It doesn't mean they aren't there or not volunteering.

Location hidden

#49348 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong gun laws minimise shootings but no one is going to stop the blithering idiot with a grudge and an illegally held gun.
Only a blithering idiot would presume the owner of a gun is holding it illegally.

Why not stick to English topics that you know nothing about- like the UK Parliament.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#49349 Jul 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
None are atheist countries.
Dumbazz.
In fact, the state religions of Norway and Sweden were only recently removed as their "state" religion, with the state religion of Switzerland being vacated (as the state religion) 30 years ago.
NEXT!
Most of the *people* in all of them are atheist.

Location hidden

#49350 Jul 31, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the *people* in all of them are atheist.
Not even close.

NotBots are all liars, so it seems from the evidence we have here.

Location hidden

#49351 Jul 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Yes that was an error, should have read congratulate, but look, contrary to your lies, I am perfectly able to accept my dyslexia sometimes means I make mistakes in spelling and grammar.
The members of the House of Lords are appointed, Skanque. You don't have it in you to admit your errors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Samuel Patre 87,207
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 13 hr superwilly 5,811
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 14 ChristineM 4,032
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web