In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51414 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49243 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
I don’t like your scrounging and living off the good will of others but
But I make more money in a month than you make in a year, and I don't work that hard.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#49244 Jul 30, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a nice job and a life, thanks for asking. Arent you "Christians" supposed to be nice to your neighbour?
Christians do not trust you. You are enlightened according to church doctrine. therefore you will kill Christians during the end times. You don;t have to believe it and you don't. But Christians do. And things are not looking to good now.

Location hidden

#49245 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
I find it amusing that you can mock Einstein
Quoting Einstein- who sneered at NotBots such as yourself- isn't mocking Einstein, we - Einstein and myself- share disdain of ignorant bigots such as yourself, Chubby.

Do see how I managed provide proof, to quote-direct quote- my points while you are stuck cavitating around points you've lost because you are full of [email protected]

Like your assertion that the members of the House of Lords being elected.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#49246 Jul 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, please tell me something that isn't measurable or testable, at least in theory, and that is still real.
Whoa, difficult question there! Hmmm, I am not a scientist (obviously). But have read that gravity is not fully understood. Also dark energy and dark matter not fully understood. Could it be they they are not fully testable? How about the origin of the universe, and the origin of the laws of phsyics, could these be outside of science? I am asking cause I have no idea.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#49247 Jul 30, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> ..therefore you will kill Christians during the end times...
?? Crazy person. Seriously, you need help.

Location hidden

#49248 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Fact, not bigotry but FACT. So what can we assume from your abusive lies? Perhaps it could be that you have nothing so you have to lie…
The member of the House of Lords are appointed.

It seems that some people have a mental illness from admitting the fact they are wrong.

The United KING_dom is a monarchy.

It seems that some people have a mental illness from admitting the fact they are wrong.

The United King_dom requires collective Christian worship in its "public" schools.

The first Enigmas were captured in a raid in Norway.

Location hidden

#49249 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Yes “nearly”, that’s what Einstein said,
It's EXACTLY what he wrote, Chubby.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#49250 Jul 30, 2013
Do you have the feeling US has ruined the world since Bush time?
As the middle class has been substantially subtracted, Bush while known as a serial war criminal by the world, had no morals for US and promoted China, especially to its economy by using US people's money.
And that is why these are the problems not just to US, as US has ruined itself the world.

When the Chinese have no ability, how would they get there to its bigger economy, if US would not give to buy theirs and let them steal technology?

As that is not the problem that China's economy is falling, its economy is just so big promoted by US at this time that it has built up the military and posed the destructive causes to this world.
Because its people are nuts by intrusion to the rest of world behaving poorly without rules by having bad cultures of causing harms and damages to people's societies, they go to other parts of world by spreading propaganda telling these world people to do the wrong things.

Because its people are also ignorant and know nothing, US has propagandists like Henry Paulson by saying how important China is, by promoting sympathizers of China and defectors to do things for them, to make vast destructive effects to this planet.
As China has no capability, anything that they have actually came from others doing for them or by their stealing.
There are many majors damages causing to global people, especially including US people, as a result of fools promoting China, that US has ruined itself and the world very badly, to make freedom liberty people more sufferings. Yet Obama Changes nothing and even does the worse things and maybe would do all the same things.

As Bush's ideology, neo-radicalism, failure and time are finished, those who still lose their minds, do that sorts of things know where to go. Are they still wanting to follow Bush's ideas to make the defection to China?
Are there not so boring places they know better to go, other than going with China?

Once those defectors find that indeed it is tiresome in China after all these times since Bush promoted that, then you know what the better world will be like then. You might as well know and find out where to go next.

Location hidden

#49251 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
I do not believe in a personal God
No one cares, NotBot.

Location hidden

#49252 Jul 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one asserting that god is real.
Prove it.

You have two years to choose from.

Prove it, or STFU.

Location hidden

#49253 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
He also said - I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one.
No one cares what you said or say. But Einstein believing in God would mean he would not be an atheist.

Of course, you've insisted the members of the House of Lords are appointed even though I've proved you to have a mental disorder in pretending they are elected.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#49254 Jul 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet here you are, Chubby.
Wipe your chins...
Yes, having fun at your expense, learn to live with it.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
But I make more money in a month than you make in a year, and I don't work that hard.
Nope, social security will give you less in a week than I make in a few minutes and we know you don’t work that hard, you don’t work at all, you scrounge.

FYI, I am co-owner (with my husband (who you repeatedly lie about)) of a multi-million pound business that counts the US government and the US military among its customers. A Japanese multinational has recently offered an eight figure sum (in pounds sterling) as a buy out offer. So stop waving your arms to the wind, you have no chance.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting Einstein- who sneered at NotBots such as yourself- isn't mocking Einstein, we - Einstein and myself- share disdain of ignorant bigots such as yourself, Chubby.
Do see how I managed provide proof, to quote-direct quote- my points while you are stuck cavitating around points you've lost because you are full of [email protected]
Like your assertion that the members of the House of Lords being elected.
Wrong, you obviously have taken the godbot view of Einstein, the view that he himself objected to.

What proof? You quoted one passage that said ““nearly” as funny as the bigotry of the believer” so in fact showing more disdain for a godbot than a non believer. Funny how you could call that proof.

While I directly quoted two passages (one from his last known letter) that said so much, such as “It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated….” by ignorant tossers such as yourself, and “I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one” so even Einstien thought pratts like you were childish.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The member of the House of Lords are appointed.
The United KING_dom is a monarchy.
The United King_dom requires collective Christian worship in its "public" schools.
The first Enigmas were captured in a raid in Norway.
Ignored because I am not wrong and have no intention of lying just to make you feel better.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's EXACTLY what he wrote, Chubby.
Yes exactly, he wrote “nearly”… well done for spotting that.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares, NotBot.
You obviously have problems understanding English, Your cherry picking highlighted a quote by Einstein about which you claim “No one cares” yet you are willing to selectively quote Einstein when it suites you, hypocrite much?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares what you said or say. But Einstein believing in God would mean he would not be an atheist.
Of course, you've insisted the members of the House of Lords are appointed even though I've proved you to have a mental disorder in pretending they are elected.
Let me re-quote –“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated….”

You have proved no such thing you delusional moron, by claiming such simply shows you to be psychotic and delusional.

Location hidden

#49255 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Nope I am a realist
The members of the House of Lords are ELECTED.
You are FAT and your husband left you.

Location hidden

#49256 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
I find it highly coincidental that most religious hotspots (the babble belt for example) are centred on masses of limestone bedrock, which are washed by acid rain.
I guess you thought the humor was good enough to support the lie... which in the end just helps prove you are as I have already proved: a liar.

Location hidden

#49257 Jul 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein didn't believe in a personal God. He did not believe in a God that punishes (or forgives) sin. He did not believe in an afterlife.
So?

Einstein was NOT an atheist.

Now disprove what I said: that Einstein WAS NOT an atheist.

Disprove what I said: he held some atheists- like NotBots- in special disdain, i.e., they are particularly bigoted and hypocritical.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#49258 Jul 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The members of the House of Lords are ELECTED.
Why would you give a shit about the house of lords? I am off this thread, too many crazy people.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#49260 Jul 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Einstein was NOT an atheist.
Now disprove what I said: that Einstein WAS NOT an atheist.
Disprove what I said: he held some atheists- like NotBots- in special disdain, i.e., they are particularly bigoted and hypocritical.
When I am having sex I have been known to cry out “Oh god”, does this mean that I am not an atheist too?

Location hidden

#49261 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, having fun at your expense, learn to live with it.
Like the way you proved that the members of the House of Lords were appointed?

You sure showed me, Skanque!

Location hidden

#49263 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this a misprint or should I contractually you?
contractually?

Context, Chubby.

Satire.

Have the postman explain it to you.

Location hidden

#49264 Jul 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
When I am having sex I have been known to cry out “Oh god”
And the postman has been known to cry out "eUUUUGH".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Science 32,988
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr replaytime 81,558
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 12 hr Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... Tue Science 2,188
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web