In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 47711 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49183 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
When cowards can prove the gods they claim are real, that's when god become real and not a moment before.
You are a coward and you cannot disprove the existence of God.

Obviously being a coward has nothing to do with the existence of God.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#49184 Jul 29, 2013
^ double flush
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#49185 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
I was raised in a 3 generation atheist home. I know from stories my grandpa and dad told ,e it is easier today for us atheist. But we still get attacked and called names by the so called good Christian people.
Well said. btw my flush comment was for the other poster.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#49188 Jul 29, 2013
Libs are morons wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of tripe.
You lib haters are the ones attacking (both verbally and physically) any who dare profess they have any form of christian faith.
Tell us libby, how come your cowardly ilk do not attack the muslims or the jews?
Not true stop lying...No Christian is being attacked.....I attack no one. The first amendment gives us all religious freedom..GET THE ALL PART....Now if you try to pass your religious beliefs into law I will fight you and WIN LIKE WE THE PEOPLE ALWAYS DO AGAINT TYRANNY.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#49189 Jul 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to disprove a single thing I have said.
You roll around on the floor and stomp your feet and call me names but you have disproved absolutely nothing I have said.
Nothing.
When you're brave enough to prove the god you claim exists, please let us know.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#49191 Jul 29, 2013
Libs are morons wrote:
<quoted text>
Tranny aye... I am not you mother little fool.
You may win in the hort run with you unconstitional liar and chief.... but long term you kind shrivels and dies.... I am sure you know all about shriveling aye bitch?
I don't like Obama and did not vote for him either time. I am a Libertarian. I am sick of the democrat commies and the GOp Nazi fascist......BOTH PARTIES HATE FREEDOM AND EQUALITY.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#49193 Jul 29, 2013
Libs are morons wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO a freedom killing libtard claiming to be a libertarian...... too funny.
How do I kill freedom???? Please tell me.

Location hidden

#49194 Jul 29, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. btw my flush comment was for the other poster.
Let's see: so being a bigot has nothing to do with with belief in a god, gods, or no belief in anything whatsoever.

That atheists- particularly NotBots- can be every bit as bigoted as theists.

I mentioned that two years ago and twenty or thirty times since.

And... well, you see Einstein said it already.

Location hidden

#49195 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're brave enough to prove the god you claim exists, please let us know.
When you're brave enough to disprove your claim God's does not exist, please let us know.

But I will remind- again- that you lie when I "claimed" that God- or gods- exist.

You assert: you prove.

I say to you yet again: you are a m/f c/s liar.

Location hidden

#49196 Jul 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
But we still get attacked and called names by the so called good Christian people.
That would make NotBots even bigger hypocrites, then.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#49197 Jul 29, 2013
++++++++=

Will China's economy crash?
By Michael Pettis, Special to CNN
updated 7:47 AM EDT, Mon July 29, 2013

Should we be concerned about China?
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Michael Pettis: Some experts think that China's economy is in big trouble
Pettis: Most likely, China's growth rate will decline in the coming years
He says the country needs to shift from investment to consumption model
Pettis: If China recalibrates its economy in the right way, everyone will benefit

Editor's note: Michael Pettis is a professor of finance at Peking University, a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and author of "The Great Rebalancing" (Princeton University Press).

+++++++==

Related to the above, all along just a couples of months ago, you were told China's economy will fall sooner or faster than ever.

Its economy uprising is basically using your money to buy theirs, where US-that-Bush (who is still wanted by the world as a definite War Criminal very badly) started that by promoting that China to pose to this world with lots of problems, especially to US people, and US-Obama could not do anything about it. Look at what US right now is as it is a gangland of tyrant police state beyond hacking and spying on civilians.

Look at what Iraq is now with lots of daily big bombings, when to this time, no wonder the stupidity of Bush said history would vindicate him because stupidity has no limit.

Not necessarily the whole world will fall, and still other economies will grow, like Russia's, India's and some Latin American countries', including even South and North Korea's and some others'.

That person Bush has been wrong in everything, including making the man-made hysteria of Axis-of-evil.

Despite US economic professors have won Nobel Prize in Economics, they are the ones who are still confused.

They are fools BECAUSE NO ONE CAN SAVE IT.

Location hidden

#49198 Jul 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see: so being a bigot has nothing to do with with belief in a god, gods, or no belief in anything whatsoever.
That atheists- particularly NotBots- can be every bit as bigoted as theists.
I mentioned that two years ago and twenty or thirty times since.
And... well, you see Einstein said it already.
When you're able to prove the god you're referring to / lying about, your ignorant opinions about other topics may matter more.

Location hidden

#49199 Jul 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're brave enough to disprove your claim God's does not exist, please let us know.
But I will remind- again- that you lie when I "claimed" that God- or gods- exist.
You assert: you prove.
I say to you yet again: you are a m/f c/s liar.
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot foolish enough to claim god is real.

Not upon the atheist intelligent enough to question the fool for trying to lie to pathetically.

Location hidden

#49200 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're able to prove the god you're referring
Still waiting for you to disprove this god you are talking about.

Location hidden

#49201 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot foolish enough to claim god is real.
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot foolish enough to claim god is not real.

And we are all still waiting for you to show us the quote of me claiming God is real.

But I guess you think you get to make the demands, eh, Spoogebreath?

Location hidden

#49202 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Not upon the atheist intelligent enough
Albert Einstein was not an atheist.

I think we can be sure you aren't smarter than he.

Location hidden

#49203 Jul 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as god - its a fact.
This is an assertion.

And a grammatical error.

Two...

Prove your assertion.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#49204 Jul 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof lies upon the idiot foolish enough to claim god is not real.
You are wrong!

Location hidden

#49206 Jul 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an assertion.
And a grammatical error.
Two...
Prove your assertion.
Until you provide proof of god, god is not real, its that simple. We know you're lying because you've had centuries to come with the goods.

Location hidden

#49207 Jul 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to disprove this god you are talking about.
You will wait forever, because you are unable to follow logic or accept facts.

Fact one - you have no proof of god and are a liar and will never produce proof - only lie continuously about it as your cult tells you to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 min The_Box 7,681
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Aura Mytha 240,106
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Thinking 2,248
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr MikeF 19,151
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 20 hr The_Box 139
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) Tue Reason Personified 166
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Tue Reason Personified 14,660
More from around the web