In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 47707 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#49146 Jul 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
What wrote: I am an atheist living in a real religious town. Anytime you get asked religion you are and you say atheist people all stare and sneer and can hear them call you names. How warm religious people are...Huh??
<quoted text> No one needs to ask what your religion is. You're a big @sshole and everyone automatically assumes you're a Christian.
This is typical christian behaviour, intolerance of anyone not of their faith is rife. Intolerance of anyone not of their sect (and there are around 40,000 christian sects) is rife.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49147 Jul 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religions ar cults of liars who lie harder and harder to cover up for their previous lies.
NotBots are no different.

Just more hypocritical.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49148 Jul 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Theirs books command em to hate atheists without ever knowing them.
No different than the NotBots who rant and rave against the theists.

Without knowing them.

Wipe your chin, shug.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49149 Jul 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Anytime you get asked religion you are and you say atheist people all stare and sneer and can hear them call you names.
Maybe it's because of your T-shirt or the NAZI tattoo you have over the bridge of your nose?

Since you said "all" people, we can say you include other atheists.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49150 Jul 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Anytime you get asked religion you are
PS: I haven't been asked in years.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49151 Jul 24, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is typical christian behaviour, intolerance of anyone not of their faith is rife.
I doubt there is anyone less tolerant of others than you, Skanque.

You insult people you don't know and that doesn't include your anti theist antisemitic behaviors.

Look forward to the monarchy putting on the taxpayer- sponsored christening, now that the DNA test turned out positive, it seems, for Prince Billy.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49152 Jul 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
No one needs to ask what your religion is. You're a big @sshole and everyone automatically assumes you're a Christian.
You do know what they say happens when you ASSUME, azzwipe?

Wipe your chin, Shug.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#49153 Jul 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt there is anyone less tolerant of others than you, Skanque.
You insult people you don't know and that doesn't include your anti theist antisemitic behaviors.
Look forward to the monarchy putting on the taxpayer- sponsored christening, now that the DNA test turned out positive, it seems, for Prince Billy.
Ignored on the ground that you started the insults, you don’t like the results of your abuse then that’s just tough

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#49154 Jul 25, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignored on the ground that you started the insults, you don’t like the results of your abuse then that’s just tough
Exactly.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#49155 Jul 25, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody's perfect.
But you strive for imperfection.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#49156 Jul 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
NotBots are no different.
Just more hypocritical.
There's no such thing as a notbot - only religious liars like yourself with no proof of god when demanded.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#49157 Jul 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No different than the NotBots who rant and rave against the theists.
Without knowing them.
Wipe your chin, shug.
It is because you are dishonest cowards that you run away when asked to prove the god you've been lying to us about.

You people haven't got any morals because you think lying about god being real is ok and justified.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49158 Jul 25, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignored on the ground that you started the insults,
No, SKANQUE: you "start it" first with me and start it everyone else that comes through this direction.

I understand: you husband got tired of your bytching and whining and left for another.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49159 Jul 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as a notbot - only religious liars like yourself with no proof of god when demanded.
I'm looking at you, NotBot.

There is no proof that God exists.
There is no proof that God doesn't exist.

It's something the NotBots- such as yourself- cannot wrap their heads around.

Funny how little difference there is between the fanatics in either camp.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49160 Jul 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because you are dishonest cowards that you run away when asked to prove the god you've been lying to us about.
You have been told many dozens of times by me that there is no scientific proof that God exists and that there is no scientific proof that God does not exist.

And I rather doubt God will reveal himself to you to give you proof himself.

Lack of scientific proof - as already stated here- does not mean God (or any number of other examples) does not exist.

So why not go back through the thread and see if you can win an argument with yourself?

It would be a first...

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#49161 Jul 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, SKANQUE: you "start it" first with me and start it everyone else that comes through this direction.
I understand: you husband got tired of your bytching and whining and left for another.
Your delusions are the delusions of a scrounger with no conscience and no understanding of the hatred and spite you portray. You started on me by calling me SKANQUE when it became apparent that your ignorance of the implementation of law on daily worship in British schools was flawed. In the way of the truly ignorant having been backed into a corner you opted for verbal abuse.

You have also highlighted your ignorant verbal abuse by verbally abusing SAFC, Boots, Mikko, Mac, Nymph etc, In a change to you pathetic style you opted for racial abuse against straa. A breach of topix TOCs by the way. But perhaps not a change of style, perhaps it’s just the way you are, maybe you would have also spouted racial abuse at others if only you knew their race. Saved by your own ignorance eh?

Then of course you also need to lie to fulfil your wet dreams regarding my marital status. Just because you wife first cuckolded you then did a runner when she realised what a pathetic loser she had married does not mean that the same happens to everyone. Some people are not the losers you are so there is no need. Your lies are based on nothing but spite, guesswork and deliberate ignorance. This too is a form of abuse at which you abound. Of course you see nothing wrong with such abuse because such guesswork and lies is the way your religion taught you to behave. The fact that it indicates you are sick in the head is besides the point eh?.

In truth you are a pathetic scrounging loser, living off food stamps, social security and the good will of relatives because you consider that a claim of damage is easier than getting of you pustilent fat butt and working for a living.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49162 Jul 26, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your delusions are the delusions of a scrounger with no conscience and no understanding of the hatred and spite you portray. You started on me by calling me SKANQUE
I called you Skanque in response to your insults, Shug.

We see how well it applies.

Don't dish it out if you are going to cry about someone fling back in to your chubby face.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49163 Jul 26, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
You have also highlighted your ignorant verbal abuse by verbally abusing SAFC, Boots, Mikko, Mac, Nymph etc
Measured responses, you silly t\/\/at.

It seems NotBots are angry and share frustration in their inabilities to prove what is not provable.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49164 Jul 26, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
A breach of topix TOCs by the way.
Kettle? Kettle? this is the big fat pot, Skanque! You're black!

Chubby: when's the last time you wre on topic in this thread?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49165 Jul 26, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
In truth ...
You wouldn't know what the truth was if it jumped up and bit you on your dole-collecting azz, Skanque.

I understand your husband leaving you has left you bitter, perhaps you can get a state-funded personality transplant and start over?

Times a-wasting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min Shizle 10,748
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min I Am No One_ 244,844
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min DanFromSmithville 20,582
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 1 hr Shizle 17
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 5 hr Anonymous1386 11
Santa vs. God: logic? Wed Shizle 2
Is the Christian god good? Wed Shizle 4
More from around the web