In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#48858 Jun 16, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
When you cannot answer basic questions
It is almost as I refuse to respond to your loaded questions, Aunt Sally.

Imagine!
SupaAFC

Cupar, UK

#48859 Jun 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is almost as I refuse to respond to your loaded questions, Aunt Sally.
Imagine!
You have no clue about logical fallacies or how they work. You have no arguments. You have no idea what you are even arguing about, or against.

You have nothing, manchild, but a bad case of OCD. And I fully intend to exploit it much to your chagrin.

Location hidden

#48860 Jun 16, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue about logical fallacies or how they work.
~stomp stomp stomp~

Why not ask me again if North Korea is a democracy, Aunt Sally?

'spain what has to do with the United Kingdom being a monarchy.

Location hidden

#48861 Jun 16, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
You have nothing, manchild, but a bad case of OCD.
I guess you thought that this was clever over a year ago, SuperFAG.

Wipe your chins, shug.

Location hidden

#48862 Jun 16, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
And I fully intend to exploit it much to your chagrin.
You should worry about your chagin, SuperFAG: it is sticky with men's happy juice.

Location hidden

#48864 Jun 17, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was,
Do try to keep up, Skanque.

I know you have a taste for dripping cocques.

Why this is I don't know or care.

What ever float your boat, honey.

Location hidden

#48865 Jun 17, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
I asked you to discuss it with Microsoft and IBM
Neither pretends the American dialect is a language.

Wipe your chins, dear.

Location hidden

#48866 Jun 17, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Don’t have an “ex” husband
I was going by what he said down at the brothel, Chubby.

Location hidden

#48867 Jun 17, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
AGAIN – Tools – LANGUAGE
MS & IBM have to write for uneducated idiots like you who don't know what "dialect" means.

I've already proved "American" isn't a language, Skanque.
LCN Lincoln

United States

#48868 Jun 17, 2013
At the adolescent-unfriendly hour of 7:10 on this rainy spring morning in tiny Loachapoka, Ala., classes won't start for another half hour in the public school. But already the science lab at Loachapoka High School is coming alive with the banter of 13 teens sloughing off backpacks and settling in to learn – not about chemistry or biology, but about faith.
"Who knows what happened this weekend?" asks Kevin Flannagan, regional director for Campus Life ministry.
Immediately, the teens quiet down to listen. "Easter," a boy volunteers.
"Jesus rose, yes," Mr. Flannagan says. Then, in a tone as gentle as it is friendly, he recaps the Bible story and asks, "So why is it called Good Friday?"
A girl answers: "Because he died for us, and that's a good thing." A few heads nod.
As Flannagan goes on to tell the story of a boy making an empty Easter egg – "he got it that the meaning of Easter is the empty tomb" – the emotional climate in the room is not one of fervor, but of comfort.
Asked why it's worth coming to school early for a Campus Life meeting, a lanky senior wearing an Adidas shirt answers simply: "I like to learn about Jesus."
----------
It has been 50 years since the Supreme Court banned school-sponsored prayer. But God and faith are probably present in more ways now than ever in public schools, say law and religion experts and activists.
"We've gone from virtual silence about religion in the curriculum and virtually no student religious expression in many schools," says Charles Haynes, a scholar at the First Amendment Center and head of the Religious Freedom Education Project in "to today, when social studies and other standards are fairly generous to religion, and students are expressing their faiths in many different ways in many public schools, if not most."
Nobody has yet studied the phenomenon, but there are some illustrative examples:

• Schools are increasingly including Christianity, Buddhism, Sikhism, Islam, and, in some cases, the Bible in their curricula because of concern over Americans' religious illiteracy.(A 2007 study found that only 10 percent of American teens could name the five major religions.)
Many welcome the growing presence of religion.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/2 ...
LCN Lincoln

United States

#48869 Jun 17, 2013

Location hidden

#48870 Jun 17, 2013
LCN Lincoln wrote:
It has been 50 years since the Supreme Court banned school-sponsored prayer.
It's been over two hundred forty since the US declared independence from England.

If you want to live in a country that requires public worship in state schools, you have to move there.

It's a monarchy, ya' know.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#48871 Jun 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do try to keep up, Skanque.
I know you have a taste for dripping cocques.
Why this is I don't know or care.
What ever float your boat, honey.
Does not work like that, what happens is that when you lie you get called a liar, it’s just a fact of life, learn to live with it

Is cocques an American spelling or something you have made up to secretly mean a lot to you and be meaningless gobbledegook to anyone else?

Closest I can get is coques, a French word meaning shell and I must admit coques st jacques is a fine dish if the scallops are not overcooked

Is it any wonder that people don’t understand you?

Can I see a puss stain on your trousers?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither pretends the American dialect is a language.
Wipe your chins, dear.
Then please advise why both list the “American dialect” as a language?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going by what he said down at the brothel, Chubby.
You favourite haunt eh? The only way you can get any sex now your wife has found a regular supply.

So back to chubby eh?, wish you make up your mind, it makes you look such a fool.

You still have not changed your trousers, the puss stains beginning to ooze and the stench is sickening
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
MS & IBM have to write for uneducated idiots like you who don't know what "dialect" means.
I've already proved "American" isn't a language, Skanque.
You are completely ignorant of who IBM and Microsoft targeted when they wrote their software. BTW, It’s not just IBM and Microsoft, all international software producers do exactly the same thing. And let me assure you that the software I use is far from being written for uneducated idiots like you.

What proof? What you have done is display a pedantic food stamping and nothing more. But what more is expected from you? but then again, who cares?

So lets clear this up

Contrary to your pedantic ranting, my children do not attend morning worship at school, unlike so many American children who are made to pledge allegiance to a particular god and a piece of cloth

Contrary to your pedantic ranting, the UK us a constitutional monarchy

Contrary to your pedantic ranting, the first fully working, fully military spec enigma machine was captured from the U110

Contrary to your pedantic ranting, the UK had the biggest navy fleet at the start of WW2

Contrary to your pedantic ranting, the 2007 global financial crisis was started by the greed of American bankers

Contrary your pedantic ranting, In the UK Scope is a charity, not a mouthwash

Contrary to your pedantic ranting Microsoft, IBM etc list English (US) as a language, not a dialect.

Contrary to your pedantic ranting, I am far for being chubby

Contrary to your pedantic ranting, My husband has not left me.

OK, got it, contrary to your pedantic ranting you vary rarely have anything to say.

So you are happy stinking like the putrid puss dripping from your festering prick, fair enough, I’m out of here, feel free to stink all you want

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#48872 Jun 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been over two hundred forty since the US declared independence from England.
If you want to live in a country that requires public worship in state schools, you have to move there.
It's a monarchy, ya' know.
Ahh I understand now, so pledging allegiance to a particular god and a piece of fabric not worship?

It seems that you are quite happy for such forced worship to be imposed on US school children but you object when it is optional for British schoolchildren

Yes I understand now, you are a hypocrite.

A hypocrite who is ignorant of the meaning and power of words, I believe what you are deliberately missing here is the word constitutional, as in :-

Constitutional monarchy

As stated on the website of the British monarchy

http://www.royal.gov.uk/monarchuk/howthemonar...

And on the website of the British parliament

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/role/parli...

But funnily enough I can find no mention of the drippydick barebutt manchild website to contradict either of these OFFICIAL sites

Location hidden

#48873 Jun 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not work like that,
It works exactly like that Skanque.

Now why not wipe your face and get ready for the next bloke? the queue is forming...

Location hidden

#48874 Jun 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Is cocques an American spelling
Is something you recognize.

I bet you know them in all languages and all colors, Skanque.

Wipe, Shug: queuing up...

Location hidden

#48875 Jun 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Can I see a puss stain on your trousers?
Still working on clearing up that yeast infection, eh, Skanque?

Location hidden

#48876 Jun 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh I understand now, so pledging allegiance to a particular god and a piece of fabric not worship?
Nope.

And one doesn't pledge allegiance to a God, Skanque.

If you WANT to pledge- it isn't required- one pledges allegiance to the country.

I guess the syphilis has gone straight to the brain, eh?

better than over in the UK, where you pledge to the Queen...

And where you have a state religion.

And where collective worship is required by LAW.

Location hidden

#48877 Jun 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
What proof? What you have done is display a pedantic food stamping
Living on the dole and food stamping is more up your alley.

Skanque...

Location hidden

#48878 Jun 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Then please advise why both list the “American dialect” as a language?
Neither do, Shug.

No matter how hard you stamp your fat hooves: "American" isn't a language.

We all understand how impossible it is for you to admit you are wrong...ever.

Just ask your ex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min I B Eagle 228,545
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 41 min Igor Trip 6
Our world came from nothing? 46 min Igor Trip 686
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 4 hr Patrick 140
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Patrick 150
Is Religion Childish? 8 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr _Bad Company 22,919

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE