In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,711

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Read more

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#48604 May 13, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Another strawman,
SuperFAG writes:
Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy.
++

SuperFAG writes:
Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy.

Location hidden

#48605 May 13, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
I have him reduced to the creationist playbook of quote-mining.
Poor baby: SuperFAG has to make up his "quotes".
SupaAFC

Kirkcaldy, UK

#48606 May 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
SuperFAG writes:
<quoted text>
++
SuperFAG writes:
<quoted text>
No matter how many times creationists quote-mine Darwin, evolution remains a valid scientific theory.

No matter how many times you quote-mine me, my argument remains that Britain's government is a parliamentary democracy with a figurehead monarch at the top.

Stop lying, coward.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Poor baby: SuperFAG has to make up his "quotes".
Poor manchild: Barefoot has to lie as a substitute for rebuttal.

Location hidden

#48607 May 14, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many times creationists quote-mine Darwin, evolution remains a valid scientific theory.
Moving the goalposts, Aunt Sally.

PS: the sun rises in the east.

Location hidden

#48608 May 14, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
No matter how many times you quote-mine me,
I quoted you exactly.

SuperFAG writes:

"Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy."

++

SuperFAG writes:

" Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy."
SupaAFC

Kirkcaldy, UK

#48609 May 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving the goalposts, Aunt Sally.
PS: the sun rises in the east.
The goalposts remain firmly in place. You, manchild, are deliberately lying about what I am arguing.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I quoted you exactly.
It is the content of the quotes that matter; not your ability to copy and paste them.

You are lying, manchild, and every time I call you out on it you simply paste them again and say nothing else. Why are you such a coward?

Location hidden

#48610 May 14, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
The goalposts remain firmly in place.
Anything you say, Aunt Sally.

The United KING_dom a monarchy, yes or no?

Oh, right... you said 'no' and then 'yes' and then you said 'no' and then you said maybe and then it depends and then you said Jeff was a car.

Location hidden

#48611 May 14, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
It is the content of the quotes that matter; not your ability to copy and paste them.
I've copied the COMPLETE posts in context EXACTLY as you posted them SuperFAG.

Do want to see them again, SuperFAG?

Wipe your chin.
yathen

Voorhees, NJ

#48612 May 14, 2013
i've read he bible enough to understand that you can still go to heaven without even believing in God
SupaAFC

Kirkcaldy, UK

#48613 May 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything you say, Aunt Sally.
The United KING_dom a monarchy, yes or no?
Oh, right... you said 'no' and then 'yes' and then you said 'no' and then you said maybe and then it depends and then you said Jeff was a car.
Lie, lie and the latter claim a lie.

I have never answered your question because as you yourself know it is extremely misleading. That is why you keep copping out when we play the same game regarding the United States being a republic; you claim to have answered it, but never show the yes-or-no answer.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've copied the COMPLETE posts in context EXACTLY as you posted them SuperFAG.

Do want to see them again, SuperFAG?

Wipe your chin.
Another lie. You have omitted the entire paragraph that followed my statement where I said that nobody has denied that Britain has a monarchy which went on to explain what the point of contention actually was.

I asked you, repeatedly, to post that paragraph, and yet still you never have to deliberately phase it out.

Why do you keep lying, manchild? Do you think I never bother checking where you got those quotes from?

Location hidden

#48614 May 15, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie, lie and the latter claim a lie.
SuperFAG writes:
Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy.
++

SuperFAG writes:
Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy.
The Tracker

Rochester, MN

#48615 May 15, 2013

They should truly just stay there, They are completely worthless people, They do drugs, and drink, and do not work, Because they claim they are so called disabled.

LOL

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#48617 May 16, 2013
The Tracker wrote:
They should truly just stay there, They are completely worthless people, They do drugs, and drink, and do not work, Because they claim they are so called disabled.
LOL
What a load of bigoted bollocks, no more than can be expected from the deliberately ignorant though.

My guess is you are one of these good christians who mocks disability? That bigoted attitude is the very reason that I left the christian church age 14 and one of the many reasons why christianity is in decline.

Is there any wonder that christianity is a dying faith when there are people like you to advertise their god given compassion?
SupaAFC

Kirkcaldy, UK

#48618 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
SuperFAG writes:
<quoted text>
++
SuperFAG writes:
<quoted text>
That's funny. You claim to have posted the "EXACT" posts for all to see, I tell you about how you have still omitted a paragraph that explained what the point of contention was, and your response is to simply post the same quotes again!

You are, without doubt, the biggest lying coward I have ever come across on these forums. You are spineless.
SupaAFC

Kirkcaldy, UK

#48619 May 16, 2013
The entire post that manchild keeps claiming he has quoted "exactly" but never has:

"Once again my manchild friend is running with a strawman.

Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy. Or that it has "powers". Or that the monarch is our head of state.

The point of contention, oh dishonest one, is your claim that as a result Britain does not qualify as a democracy.

It is no different whatsoever to arguing that the United States is a republic and only a republic. The only difference is your immensely hypocritical standards."

The paragraph manchild keeps ignoring:

"The point of contention, oh dishonest one, is your claim that as a result Britain does not qualify as a democracy."

What is quote-mining?:

"The practice of quoting out of context, sometimes referred to as "contextomy" or "quote mining", is a logical fallacy and a type of false attribution in which a passage is removed from its surrounding matter in such a way as to distort its intended meaning."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_quoti...

The post is dated April 7th. That means that for over a month now, you have been blatantly lying about what the two quotes mean.

You are such a liar, manchild. All for the sake of playing contrarian.
Lincoln

United States

#48620 May 16, 2013
Atheist zealots and Christians zealots appear so much alike.
Both like mythology, seem intolerant of criticism and lack a sense of humor.

"Scratch an atheist and out pops an agnostic" seems a valid adage of old.
Keep your sense of humor !

#48621 May 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Atheist zealots and Christians zealots appear so much alike.
Both like mythology, seem intolerant of criticism and lack a sense of humor.
"Scratch an atheist and out pops an agnostic" seems a valid adage of old.
Keep your sense of humor !
Projecting again?

Scratch a christian and out pops hypocrisy, lies, misunderstanding and ignorance

Seems a modern take on religion
Lincoln

United States

#48622 May 16, 2013
Atheists love to make fun of believers
but defensive when others exercise freedom of speech.

There is no scientific evidence for atheism,
just an old Greek Philosophy.
Most atheists prove to be agnostics when they pause to think.

#48623 May 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Atheists love to make fun of believers
but defensive when others exercise freedom of speech.
There is no scientific evidence for atheism,
just an old Greek Philosophy.
Most atheists prove to be agnostics when they pause to think.
You would not know free speech if it sat on your face and farted.

In the same sentence as you promote freedom of speech for your kind you deny freedom of speech to 18% of the world population. Free speech is free for ALL parties, not just the ones that think like you and believe in the same myths you believe. What you want is dictatorship just so long as the dictator is “your type”

Nope, there is no scientific evidence in exactly the same way that there is no scientific evidence for the god of your godbook or the late jc as descried in your godbook. However there is considerable justification for atheism and ignorant prats of little understanding like you keep on validating that justification

Location hidden

#48624 May 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of bigoted bollocks, no more than can be expected from the deliberately ignorant though.
Always fun to watch people swallow bait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 25 min ChristineM 6,226
News 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma (Jul '13) 1 hr Patrick n Angela 7,546
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Patrick n Angela 17,896
News Atheist monument to counter ten commandments (Jul '13) 1 hr Patrick n Angela 12
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr ChristineM 236,716
News Is Religion Childish? 3 hr ChristineM 159
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 10 hr Lumatrix 14,488
More from around the web