In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 2,316)

Showing posts 46,301 - 46,320 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a KING is the foundation for proving Sweden is a monarchy.
You are so clueless

All POWER proceeds from the PEOPLE. This is the foundation of parliamentary DEMOCRACY in Sweden
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
All POWER proceeds from the PEOPLE. This is the foundation of parliamentary DEMOCRACY in Sweden
So how often do you get to elect the monarch?
Volvo called, they want you to return so they can crash test some more cars....if you ask nicely they might give you a helmet....JA!
SupaAFC

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor SuperFAG: thinks I have to answer his straw man arguments.
I don't.
Show us how a strawman is defined. Show us how the points and arguments are subsequently strawmen.

My prediction is that you will not bother because you either have no idea what strawmen are, or you are simply calling them strawmen to avoid actually addressing them.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile: he stands with his tiny grapes exposed.
Is the UNITED KING_____dom a monarchy, yes or no?
Yes, it is.
Is the United States a republic, yes or no?

Yes, it is.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does England have a state religion?
Why it certainly does.
Why should a poster who was born, raised and remains in Scotland care about English religious practices?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does unanimous mean "most"?
No, SuperFAG, unanimous means everyone.
Where did I ever claim that it meant "most"?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the United States a republic? Gosh, SuperFAG: I posted this answer long before you asked it.
Certainly not by your own standard. I pose the same "yes or no" ultimatum to you and you cannot give one answer.

It is because, my manchild friend, you know that answering "yes" leads to the same fallacious answer that you are trying to get in regard to Britain being a monarchy.

Your intellectual dishonesty and hypocrisy are so easy to exploit.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, by the way, SueprFAG, you just told us no one denies that the UK is a monarchy.
Here's a quote:
"If Britain is a monarchy then the Queen should have legislative powers.
She does not.
Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy. "
Who said that, SuperFAG?
Nice try. I specifically mentioned "system of government" so that you could not use this to claim that I deny that Britain has a monarchy.

Heed your own advice and read what people actually say instead of trying to take them out of context.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: The type of government of the USA- or Canada, or North Korea, or Japan or China- has nothing to do with whether or not the UK is (as I said) is a monarchy.
Wipe your chin, honey, you have a few pearls running there...
The reason I bring up the United States and it being a republic is to simply demonstrate the blatant hypocrisy in your argument. It should be evident to you by now.

You keep claiming you have "already" answered the question but cannot show where you said "yes" or "no". The truth is you never have answered the question using such answers.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to redefine what "nobody" means now, SuperFAG?
You know, like when I called you on unanimous and you insisted it meant "most popular"?
Are you going to keep pretending that "system of government" is absent from the quote?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchies can be democracies if the people elect the monarch.
There are no living elected monarchs.
Your king wasn't elected.
Easy to make up your own criteria that you know cannot be achieved to "win" the argument, isn't it?

How about showing us a definition for democracy instead of changing your rules to avoid refutations?
SupaAFC

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I play chess, you play checkers and not very well.
PS: take care of the pawns and the pawns take care of the king. literally, you don't play chess.
Like fundamentalists you seem to have a big problem understanding analogies.

The point, manchild, is that rather than try to actually win the match via checkmate - ie, try to refute my arguments - you place your entire focus away from the King and on a couple of pawns; words I have used, phrases, spelling, and so on. You then go full throttle into "refuting" these trivialities, declare victory, then keep posting these dead horses for weeks on end to try and distract me and other posters from noticing that, despite your bravado, you have not remotely tried refuting the arguments.

It is called over-compensating; something that you do on a worryingly regular basis.

Also:

"I didn't pick the name, Meatball"

"Now tell us the official name of Sweden"

You then claimed:

"PS: If you follow the thread, you will find I define Sweden because it is a monarchy, not because their official name is the KING_dom of Sweden."

So, Barefoot: if you do not define Sweden as a monarchy based on its name, then why did you go at pains to stress it's name within the same page of the thread?
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!
STEALING COPY FROM WIKIPEDIA and trying to pass it off as yours!
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
You are quite the wit!
What name did you post under before this one?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless
Monarchy definition, a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually or nominally lodged in a monarch.

English.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us how a strawman is defined.
Aunt Sally? Is that you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
My prediction is that you will not bother because you either have no idea what strawmen are
Let's all watch how SuperFAG flips and flops:

SuperFAG writes: "Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy"

Poor SuperFAG. He forgot he already denied Britian had a monarchy.

Let's see..
SuperFAG writes...
She does not.

+++

Now let's all watch as SuperFAG flips and flops and tries to say what he said exactly doesn't mean exactly what he said...

Popcorn, anyone?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Like fundamentalists you seem to have a big problem understanding analogies.

SuperFAG writes: "Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy"

Let's see..
SuperFAG writes...
She does not.

+++

Now let's all watch as SuperFAG flips and flops and tries to say what he said exactly doesn't mean exactly what he said...

Popcorn, anyone?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
My prediction is that you will not bother because
Because as I have told you the last fifty times you made the same "prediction", I don't have to prove something to you when you make the assertion.

What I get to do is quote EXACTLY what you say, and show EVERYONE where you said precisely the opposite, and then watch you flounder and flop and make up nonsense and exclaim that it depends what the definition of "is is".

HAHAHAAHAHAH!

Like when I quote you when you say 'unanimous' and then when I pull down your panties and prove you wrong you try to pretend you said "popular" or "almost everyone".

HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Now, I catch you yet again.

Let's see..
SuperFAG writes...
She does not.

+++

Popcorn, anyone?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
The point, manchild, is that rather than try to actually win the match via checkmate - ie, try to refute my arguments - you place your entire focus away from the King
You don't play chess, SuperFAG.

As anyone who gets past the three move checkmate will tell you, pawns are the most critical piece in setting up a good defense.

And you are on the other side of the board trying to figure out how to castle to the queen side.

PS:

Let's see..
SuperFAG writes...
She does not.

+++

Popcorn, anyone?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
Why should a poster who was born, raised and remains in Scotland care about English religious practices?
Scotland is still part of the UK.

I think that if anyone has small grapes than a Brit, it would be a Scot who has put up with having a Brit boss him around for three hundred years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
Are you going to keep pretending that "system of government" is absent from the quote?
HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

SYSTEM of government....

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!

That is so much different thant....government.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

""It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement..."

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchy definition, a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually or nominally lodged in a monarch.
English.
F A C T

SupaAFC

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
English.
And the definition for democracy is?...

I asked Barefoot to define strawman and demonstrate how the list of arguments and points he cannot refute are strawmen.

His response:
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Aunt Sally? Is that you?
He could not even provide a definition for strawman. Another non-answer.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's all watch how SuperFAG flips and flops:
You mean, let's all watch how Barefoot sets up a strawman with a statement I specifically wrote to prevent him from doing so.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>SuperFAG writes: "Nobody, despite your continual spin, denies that Britain has a monarchy"
Let's zoom in:

"... has a monarchy".

Closer:

"HAS"

Let's continue.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And thus the strawman has been committed. I shall stick a pin here.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see..
SuperFAG writes...
She does not.

+++
Once again, let's zoom in:

"If Britain is a monarchy..."

Closer:

"is a monarchy..."

Ever closer:

"IS"

Is, has. Two completely different claims. Nobody, not even I myself in the quote-mine, is denying that we -have- a monarchy; the point of contention is that we -are- a monarchy, ie, our system of government.

Our system of government is a Parliamentary democracy.

I even spelled it out for you by including "system of government".

That you are once again trying to quote-mine me is sad, but not at all surprising.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Soundly refuted. You are deliberately trying to twist "has" into "is" to create an entirely different statement - and you most likely know this.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because as I have told you the last fifty times you made the same "prediction", I don't have to prove something to you when you make the assertion.
You made the assertion that my list of points and arguments are strawmen. Are you denying this?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I get to do is quote EXACTLY what you say, and show EVERYONE where you said precisely the opposite, and then watch you flounder and flop and make up nonsense and exclaim that it depends what the definition of "is is".
Has and is are entirely different contexts. That you are genuinely trying to run with this is another sign of desperation on your part.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
ie, try to refute my arguments - you place your entire focus away from the King and on a couple of pawns; words I have used, phrases, spelling, and so on.
Yes, I keep taking exactly what you said and prove you wrong, at which point you change what you said and deny what you said the day previous. And then I show you the exact quote and how you changed exactly what you said, and you cry I am taking what you say literately and that I am only technically correct, and then you post yet another straw man.

Now you try to pretend "system of government" means... something other than "goverment".

HAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
SupaAFC

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't play chess, SuperFAG.
You clearly do not understand analogies.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As anyone who gets past the three move checkmate will tell you, pawns are the most critical piece in setting up a good defense.
And you are on the other side of the board trying to figure out how to castle to the queen side.
The strategical role of pawns has never been the point.

The point, manchild, is that your debating style is akin to a chess player whose strategy is simply to take a pawn or two, then - with absolutely no intention to checkmate the King - declare victory on those and those alone.

Instead of actually attacking your opponent's argument, you play obtuse and deliberately look for scraps that you can latch on be it grammar, spelling, red herrings, and so on.

You take a pawn, you claim victory.

You jump on a triviality, you claim victory.

You never go for the King.

You never go for the argument.

That is the analogy. Do I need to dumb this down some more, manchild?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Scotland is still part of the UK.
I think that if anyone has small grapes than a Brit, it would be a Scot who has put up with having a Brit boss him around for three hundred years.
You did not say "the UK"; you specifically said "England".

Is Scotland part of England? Yes or no?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
SYSTEM of government....
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
That is so much different thant....government.....
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
""It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement..."
Barefoot cannot accept that his quote-mine does not show me denying that Britain has a monarchy but rather simply states that Britain's system of government is a Parliamentary democracy. Thus, meltdown.
SupaAFC

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Edit: strategic^
SupaAFC

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Attempt #3 to get Barefoot to address this:

"I didn't pick the name, Meatball"

"Now tell us the official name of Sweden"

You then claimed:

"PS: If you follow the thread, you will find I define Sweden because it is a monarchy, not because their official name is the KING_dom of Sweden."

So, Barefoot: if you do not define Sweden as a monarchy based on its name, then why did you go at pains to stress it's name within the same page of the thread?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
F A C T
FACT: Monarchy definition, a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually or nominally lodged in a monarch.

Point to the part that is wrong, meatball.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 46,301 - 46,320 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••