In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51437 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47923 Mar 30, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
you making it out if the Democrat Party is purely promoting Racism.
You professing to be a tea bagger isn't doing the tea party any favors and they are already known as morons.

Way to keep lowering the bar.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47924 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You professing to be a tea bagger isn't doing the tea party any favors and they are already known as morons.
Way to keep lowering the bar.
Not me you are the one assuming and making Assumptions again as usual that everyone is professing to be a tea bagger that doesn't agree with today's Left Ideology.

Location hidden

#47925 Mar 30, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Not me you are the one assuming and making Assumptions again as usual that everyone is professing to be a tea bagger that doesn't agree with today's Left Ideology.
Tea baggers espousing tea bag philosophy are- write this down- tea baggers.

Location hidden

#47926 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea baggers espousing tea bag philosophy are- write this down- tea baggers.
Tea Party aligns more with the Old Left.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#47927 Mar 31, 2013
Nashoune L wrote:
<quoted text>
Always looking for a way to twist someones, anyone's words so that you can stay right where you are...latched onto your absurd beliefs that have zero ground and zero true faith. If they did you wouldn't be so bothered by those who believe differently. You will never learn.
all the hallmarks of a desperate lying theist
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#47928 Mar 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is almost as if Barefoot2626 refuses to respond to any of SuperFAGs loaded question.
It is almost as if Barefoot cannot answer these questions because they demonstrate the silliness of his logic, so therefore calls them "loaded questions".
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
We can all remember well when Barefoot2626 asked this of SuperFAG:
Is the United KING_dom a monarchy, yes or no?
We can all remember well when SupaAFC asked this of Barefoot:

Is the United States a republic, yes or no?

Cannot play by his own rules. I wonder why.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, this was before the bet that SuperFAG britished out of.
The Encyclopaedia Britannica bet?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: SuperFAG is unable to concede the UK is a monarchy. He is a flat-earther.
I have told you repeatedly that I would be happy to agree on the term Constitutional monarchy considering that is what our government, our Queen, our academics, our history call Britain due to our mixing of tradition with democratic values.

You make up claptrap about countries needing a physical Constitution to be declared as such.

If anybody is a flat earther, it is you, my manchild friend. You are arguing for the sake of arguing thus why you keep outright contradicting yourself.

Why is it so important to you that Britain has to be a monarchy?
SupaAFC

Leven, UK

#47929 Mar 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I like is being able to take EXACTLY what someone has said - exactly- so everyone can see it.
While ignoring about 90-95 percent of the rest of the post.

You pick on scraps, you take pawns, you go for jabs, to ignore the arguments themselves
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What the NotBots like to do is take some of the words I say, twist them around, put them in a quote, and say it a quote of something I mean to say.
What we do is respond to your arguments. Because they are so ridiculous and contradictory, they are easily refutable, and as such you get frustrated then complain about para-phrasing and twisting even though you never actually explain how anybody twisted what you say.

In other words: it is a conspiracy theory of a desperate manchild who cannot defend his feeble arguments.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how that is...
Like this: SuperFAG insists I was being to literal when I quoted him:
SupaAFC
Tuesday Jan 22
Review: Macmillan was the unanimous choice of the sitting Conservative cabinet; he was duly appointed the new PM.
++
It came up during the argument where I said the Queen appointed the UK prime minister.
You are aware that the UK prime minister is appointed by the Queen?
We are aware that you picked on a scrap to ignore the points that renders the Queen's role in the affair as meaningless ceremony.

Only you, manchild, actually think that the Queen is a big player in British politics. That is why your arguments are so dated.

Location hidden

#47930 Mar 31, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Tea Party aligns more with the Old Left.
~stomp stomp stomp~

Funny how they all sit on the right side of the aisle in Congress.

I know, pumpkin, Hitler is to your left too.

Location hidden

#47931 Mar 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
all the hallmarks of a desperate lying theist
Is the United King_dom a monarchy? Yes or no?

Location hidden

#47932 Mar 31, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
It is almost as if Barefoot cannot answer these questions
It's almost as Barefoot told you he doesn't answer loaded questions and you are surprised because he keeps his word.

And we all know your word is worthless- as we saw you bristished out of a bet.

Location hidden

#47934 Mar 31, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
It is almost as if Barefoot cannot answer these questions because they demonstrate the silliness of his logic, so therefore calls them "loaded questions".
<quoted text>
We can all remember well when SupaAFC asked this of Barefoot:
Is the United States a republic, yes or no?
Those of us who can read know that Barefoot 'answered' this question on this thread before SuperFAG asked it.

Of course, Barefoot could ask SuperFAG to bet on it but we all know SuperFAG word isn't worth the sh!t that someone scrapes off his shoes before he walks into the house.

As SuperFAG has already britished out of the last bet.

Location hidden

#47935 Mar 31, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Why is it so important to you that Britain has to be a monarchy?
Britain?

The United KING_dom is a monarchy. The sun rises in the east.

You are a coward and your word is worthless. You are British.

But I repeat myself.

Location hidden

#47936 Mar 31, 2013
[QUOTE who="SupaAFC"
We are aware that you picked on a scrap
[/QUOTE]

I picked on what you said exactly and posted your exact quote and I jammed the exact quote up your azz, and we both know if were in the same pub, it would not be figurative.

Location hidden

#47937 Mar 31, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
... think that the Queen is a big player in British politics.

Does the Queen appoint the prime minister- exactly as I said- yes or no?

Does 'unanimous' mean everyone, SuperFAG: because I say it does.

Funny how every single time it comes up, when yes or no questions are asked, I am correct, and you are left crying.

Location hidden

#47938 Mar 31, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
to ignore the arguments themselves

It's a yes or no question and that is the totality of the argument.

Location hidden

#47939 Mar 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~stomp stomp stomp~
Funny how they all sit on the right side of the aisle in Congress.
I know, pumpkin, Hitler is to your left too.
You Mean Hitler is to your left which I believe you would like a society under a dictator like Hitler which you seem to advocate that in some of your post which you want everyone here in the US to be treated like the Jews were under Hitler with restricted rights.

Location hidden

#47940 Mar 31, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You Mean Hitler is to your left
The sun rises in the east, water is wet, the sky is blue, and tea baggers are on the right side of the right party, you understand I have better things to do.

Thanks for saying they are on the left, though, I can precede any other comment you make with this quote.

so people know what your opinion is worth.

sort of like denying the UK is a monarchy... or insisting "unanimous" means "almost everyone".

Location hidden

#47941 Mar 31, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
... which you seem to advocate that in some of your post which you want everyone here in the US to be treated like the Jews were under Hitler with restricted rights.
Ummmmmmmmmmmm.... right.

see above what I said about NotBots manufacturing quotes, putting aside how ridiculous it sounds... people are going to think I hired you to sound stupid so I could make you look foolish.

Location hidden

#47942 Mar 31, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmmmmmmmmm.... right.
see above what I said about NotBots manufacturing quotes, putting aside how ridiculous it sounds... people are going to think I hired you to sound stupid so I could make you look foolish.
Nobody is thinking or believing that since you are the one that makes yourself look foolish & childish the way you hack & chop up other Topix Users post to twist & justify your postings which everybody has figured you out too and all you got to do is go back through this thread alone and then look at the other threads where you have posted nothing but nonsense which has not helped your credibility especially with the facts presented which you cant deny because they are true.

Location hidden

#47944 Mar 31, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is thinking or believing that since you are the one that makes yourself look foolish & childish.
I don't have time for your diatribe, do try to make your point, my time has value.

Yours... not so much.

The fact you are here on this thread proves you a following me, dingus.

Why you want to embarrass yourself to another audience is beyond me but I don't spend much time trying to figure out why you would post things that are so very stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 49 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 16,171
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 256,042
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr One way or another 40,680
Good arguments against Christianity 2 hr superwilly 100
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr _Susan_ 20,608
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr superwilly 3,766
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 2 hr Patrick 256
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Eagle 12 24,080
More from around the web