In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,711

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Read more

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47888 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
The Port Huron Statement
Had absolutely nothing to do with the Democrat party.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47889 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't and never was, dumbphuq.
The Democrat Party wasn't like it was 50 years ago and neither is the Republican party.
A clue would be: there are less than five percent blacks in the GOP today.
Democratic party is worst today than 80 years ago besides why do you think Liberal Ronald Reagan left the Democrat Party for the Republican party 1960 because of the Direction that faction that called itself the New Left changed Direction for the worst besides most of the Old Liberals have taken over the Republican and that is what is wrong their too and call that conservatism but are actually Neo Cons because they still hold dearly to those Liberal Values of the Old Left they brought with them when the joined the Republican and a lot of them became known as Rockefeller Republicans.

Location hidden

#47890 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you never been to Michigan to see first hand and sure isn't Republican for sure.

Why the New Left Is Now the Democratic Party

http://www.discovery.org/a/20231

Democratic Party (United States)

Many progressive Democrats are descendants of the New Left of Democratic presidential candidate Senator George McGovern of South Dakota

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party... (United_States)#Progressives

Location hidden

#47891 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you think Democrat Ronald Reagan and the other bailed and crossed over to the Republican Party and changed affiliation because of the New Left Manifesto called the Port Huron Statement.

Location hidden

#47892 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Democratic party is worst today .
Yet the still manage to kick the Republicans azzes, funny how that is.

It seems the leeches that make up the tea party have latched on to the GOP and as idiotic as the GOP has been recently- the stupid party, as a leading Republican referred to the part- the Democrats still win.

And that's after the Republicans spent ten years gerrymandering districts throughout the US.

But I understand why you want to divert away from your earlier statements trying to link the SDS to the party.

Location hidden

#47893 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
I guess you never been to Michigan
I guess you have never been to high school graduation.

Well... your own.

Because the word "Democratic" is in the title doesn't make it part of the Democratic party.

Fifty years ago.

Myself: I'd be more concerned with the Republicans who invited white Nationalists to their CPAC convention two weeks ago.

Location hidden

#47894 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the still manage to kick the Republicans azzes, funny how that is.
It seems the leeches that make up the tea party have latched on to the GOP and as idiotic as the GOP has been recently- the stupid party, as a leading Republican referred to the part- the Democrats still win.
And that's after the Republicans spent ten years gerrymandering districts throughout the US.
But I understand why you want to divert away from your earlier statements trying to link the SDS to the party.
Tea Party people are a joke too they are liberals in the Modern Sense too because they for programs like Medicare and Social Security that are joke but the SDS is Responsible for the New Left that took over the Democrat Party which is why the Democrats like Ronald Reagan Left the Democrat Party and a lot of the other from the Old Left that shared the views of FDR which the New Left Democrats abandoned those principles.

Location hidden

#47895 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>why do you think Democrat Ronald Reagan.
The final straw was when the Democrats started fighting for civil rights in 1960.

But of course Reagan was a Democrat in name only- because he saw it as an advantage in California in the 1950s.

He endorsed both Nixon and Eisenhower. Republicans.

Location hidden

#47896 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text> I guess you have never been to high school graduation.
Well... your own.
Because the word "Democratic" is in the title doesn't make it part of the Democratic party.
Fifty years ago.
Myself: I'd be more concerned with the Republicans who invited white Nationalists to their CPAC convention two weeks ago.
the CPAC was a joke in my opinion and meaningless but you are getting Democratic and Democrat mixed up but the Democrat Party back in the time of Andrew Jackson the word Democrat represented the Democracy.

Location hidden

#47897 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Tea Party people are a joke too they are liberals
Ain't.

Sort of like Bush suddenly becoming not a Republican because he was the worst president in 80 years.

Location hidden

#47898 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text> I guess you have never been to high school graduation.
Well... your own.
Fifty years ago.
tell the DNC

Democratic Party

Democratic Party, Democratic Party: Democratic Party pin [Credit: Americana/Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.]in the United States, one of the two major political parties, the other being the Republican Party.

The Democratic Party has changed significantly during its more than two centuries of existence. During the 19th century the party supported or tolerated slavery, and it opposed civil rights reforms after the Civil War in order to retain the support of Southern voters. By the mid-20th century it had undergone a dramatic ideological realignment and reinvented itself as a party supporting organized labour, the civil rights of minorities, and progressive reform. Since President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal of the 1930s, the party has also tended to favour greater government intervention in the economy and to oppose government intervention in the private, noneconomic affairs of citizens. The logo of the Democratic Party, the donkey, was popularized by cartoonist Thomas Nast in the 1870s; though widely used, it has never been officially adopted by the party.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/157...

Location hidden

#47899 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The final straw was when the Democrats started fighting for civil rights in 1960.
But of course Reagan was a Democrat in name only- because he saw it as an advantage in California in the 1950s.
He endorsed both Nixon and Eisenhower. Republicans.
Reagan was New Deal Democrat all the way and even tell that in his book.

Ronald Reagan on Franklin Roosevelt: The Significance of Style
K. Alan Snyder - 08/20/08

Reagan was a New Deal Democrat. He joked that he had probably become a Democrat by birth, given that his father, Jack, was so devoted to the Democratic Party. The younger Reagan cast his first presidential vote in 1932 for Franklin Roosevelt, and did so again in the succeeding three presidential contests. His faith in FDR remained undimmed even after World War II, when he called himself “a New Dealer to the core.” He summarized his views in this way:“I thought government could solve all our postwar problems just as it had ended the Depression and won the war. I didn’t trust big business. I thought government, not private companies, should own our big public utilities; if there wasn’t enough housing to shelter the American people, I thought government should build it; if we needed better medical care, the answer was socialized medicine.” When his brother, Moon, became a Republican and argued with his sibling, the younger Reagan concluded “he was just spouting Republican propaganda.”

http://www.firstprinciplesjournal.com/print.a...

Location hidden

#47900 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
the SDS is Responsible for the New Left
Nope.

PS: the "new left" is "long gone". The "new right" is the tea party.

I cannot help you don't know your right from your left.

Location hidden

#47901 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't.
Sort of like Bush suddenly becoming not a Republican because he was the worst president in 80 years.
I never cared for Bush Sr. either but I didn't care for Michael Dukakis either which Mitt Romney reminded me of Michael Dukakis but I don't care if its Republican or Democrat from Massachusetts the party affiliation means nothing in Massachusetts.

Location hidden

#47902 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
tell the DNC
Right...

What part of 'both parties have changed over the last fifty years' did you not understand?

Except if you are talking numbers of persons of color, it hasn't changed.

I wonder why? Republicans bragging that voter registration would deliver swing states to the Republicans and by 2012 the number of blacks in the GOP was around four percent.

One two three four. Four percent today.

The GOP: party of Strom Thurmon.

Location hidden

#47903 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I never cared for Bush.
<yawn>

Location hidden

#47904 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Reagan was a New Deal Democrat.
Was.

He endorse Nixon and Eisenhower in the 50s and Barry Goldwater.

There was no New Deal left in Reagan.

Location hidden

#47905 Mar 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Reagan was a New Deal Democrat.
I'm not interested in your copy & pastes; understand you can't think for yourself.

Location hidden

#47906 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...
What part of 'both parties have changed over the last fifty years' did you not understand?
Except if you are talking numbers of persons of color, it hasn't changed.
I wonder why? Republicans bragging that voter registration would deliver swing states to the Republicans and by 2012 the number of blacks in the GOP was around four percent.
One two three four. Four percent today.
The GOP: party of Strom Thurmon.
I agree both parties have dramatically changed for the worst.

Location hidden

#47907 Mar 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested in your copy & pastes; understand you can't think for yourself.
you the one that tells everyone to prove it and back it up so I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 min Thinking 14,500
News The Consequences of Atheism 11 min Thinking 1,124
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 236,884
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 51 min Dogen 17,985
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 52 min Freebird USA 9,248
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 53 min Mr_SKY 6,424
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 20
More from around the web