In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 20 comments on the Apr 11, 2012, Spiked story titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#47676 Mar 13, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that Siro ran away from our little exchange a few weeks ago, cannot admit that his ego - not his deity - dictates his morals, and can do nothing but make driveby comments because he has nothing of substance to say.
Does your deity -really- tell you to treat others like dirt?
As if I would bother reading another one of your umpteen anti-Barefoot nonsense rants
SupaAFC

Kinross, UK

#47677 Mar 13, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
As if I would bother reading another one of your umpteen anti-Barefoot nonsense rants
Well evidently you can be bothered or else you would not be on these forums feeding your prejudicial ego.

You should get that gunshot wound on your foot seen to as soon as possible.
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#47678 Mar 13, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Well evidently you can be bothered or else you would not be on these forums feeding your prejudicial ego.
You should get that gunshot wound on your foot seen to as soon as possible.
No, theres no point reading your rants.
Read 1 and youve read them all.....

Welcome to the SuperFAG rantaurant where the menu never changes.....

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#47679 Mar 13, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one calling him a Super Cigarette
SupaAFC

Kinross, UK

#47680 Mar 13, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame the supplier - Barefoot - for his lack of argumentative ingredients.

For all your talk of me repeating the same things it sure is ironic how you turn a blind eye to the fact that Barefoot contributes nothing but a pastejob strawman about a "bet" that he is deliberately pretending took place.

But then, I understand that your thinking is to split people, based on nothing but prejudice, into a "good" and "bad" camp and no matter what is said by either side you will continue to cheerlead for one side.

It is called cognitive dissonance and you, my egotistical bigot, have it in abundance.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47681 Mar 13, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
And the question you keep avoiding is "what word"?
Let's see if this needs translation:

SupaAFC wrote:
" Wikipedia is the -only- source where the quote shows up ad verbatim"
SupaAFC

Glenrothes, UK

#47682 Mar 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
SupaAFC wrote:
Until you prove a bet was agreed this "word" you keep claiming I have not kept has no merit whatsoever.

You are deliberately using a strawman because you are terrified to debate like an adult. You know that my arguments refute yours.

Why do you continue to lie, Barefoot?

Location hidden

#47683 Mar 14, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you prove a bet was agreed this "word"

SupaAFC wrote:
Nashoune L

Chula Vista, CA

#47684 Mar 14, 2013
Mike N wrote:
Of course they are. Because believers are a danger to them. Believers do unspeakable things to those who don't think like them. Its bad enough that some humans are unkind to others but its worse when those humans use dark age mythology to justify it. Hopefully one day religion will cease in this world and people will operate on logic. That alone will change the world for the better.
Not that long ago I posted some written works on AmazonKindle books under the pen name Ester Lighthorse. One of the works, a complete re-write of the New Testament I called The Tenement Gospel, garnered some interesting responses from people claiming to be Christians blessed by a loving God. Some of the responses were along the lines of "Go to hell" and "Ester Lighthorse is a tool of the Devil" and "The Tenement Gospel is blasphemy. Some responses were more along the lines of "You need to die" and "I hope God strikes you dead right now" and "God is going to kill you."
I have to wonder where the supposed mighty love of a supposed mighty God went the moment someone disagreed with the Christian point of view. Everything is fine and dandy with some Christians until you begin pointing out the lunacy of their delusional beliefs.
Sparklestrips4u

Rochelle, IL

#47687 Mar 15, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your wife back from her “date” yet? Time to get busy licking that well used and wet pussy clean for her next lover use.
His wife will be away all night. She is spending a romantic evening with Larry's wife.
Sparkle

Rochelle, IL

#47689 Mar 15, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>
His wife will be away all night. She is spending a romantic evening with Larry's wife.
Prove it.

liliith ... the real one
SupaAFC

Glenrothes, UK

#47690 Mar 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
SupaAFC wrote:
Why do you keep posting this as if it is a signal of victory? I have had no problem accepting that other source exist that I was unaware of outwith a standard Google search.

It has nothing to do with the original question. It has nothing to do with what that question itself stemmed from.

As usual, you ran with a red herring. You lied about it being a bet. You are still pretending that a bet took place.

All to try and escape the fact that your whole argument about Britain being a monarchy - and only a monarchy - is bunk. You have been refuted literally months ago.

That is why all you have left is this quote from a shred of a post of mine that you feel you can trumpet victory over. Like losing to a boxer via knockout, yet claiming victory based on one tiny jab in the second round.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#47691 Mar 15, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep posting this as if it is a signal of victory? I have had no problem accepting that other source exist that I was unaware of outwith a standard Google search.
It has nothing to do with the original question. It has nothing to do with what that question itself stemmed from.
As usual, you ran with a red herring. You lied about it being a bet. You are still pretending that a bet took place.
All to try and escape the fact that your whole argument about Britain being a monarchy - and only a monarchy - is bunk. You have been refuted literally months ago.
That is why all you have left is this quote from a shred of a post of mine that you feel you can trumpet victory over. Like losing to a boxer via knockout, yet claiming victory based on one tiny jab in the second round.
Because he is a frigging loon.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#47692 Mar 16, 2013
SupaFAG wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you prove a bet was agreed this "word" you keep claiming I have not kept has no merit whatsoever.
You are deliberately using a strawman because you are terrified to debate like an adult. You know that my arguments refute yours.
Why do you continue to lie, Barefoot?
As if anyone would expect you to honour a bet, you have kept your word as an atheist....after all...you have made the definitions to define the results.....continuously.
Or to put it into atheist speak...'whats true to me is true to all because i am god!'
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#47693 Mar 16, 2013
Mike N wrote:
Of course they are. Because believers are a danger to them. Believers do unspeakable things to those who don't think like them. Its bad enough that some humans are unkind to others but its worse when those humans use dark age mythology to justify it. Hopefully one day religion will cease in this world and people will operate on logic. That alone will change the world for the better.
Sorry, in the nuclear age mankind is on the point of no return to human normality, but at the end!

Location hidden

#47694 Mar 16, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep posting this as if it is a signal of victory? I have had no problem accepting that other source.
welsher, welsh, welch / vb (intransitive) often followed by on: slang

to fail to pay a gambling debt
to fail to fulfil an obligation

Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::

Location hidden

#47695 Mar 16, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
All to try and escape the fact that your whole argument about Britain being a monarchy -
Funny how you don't have translating for everyone what you think I mean but I keep hitting you over the head with what I actually said.

And you have not EVER found a quote to back yourself up.

Funny how that is.

And funny how when I provide the EXACT quote of what you said EXACTLY, you cry that I am only "semantically" correct... and then you move the goalposts.

Funny how that is.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#47696 Mar 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you don't have translating for everyone what you think I mean but I keep hitting you over the head with what I actually said.

Funny how that is.

And funny how when I provide the EXACT quote of what you said EXACTLY, you cry that I am only "semantically" correct... and then you move the goalposts.

Funny how that is.
Did you know that the US is much more religious than the UK?

Imagine that.
SupaAFC

Glenrothes, UK

#47697 Mar 17, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
As if anyone would expect you to honour a bet
As if anyone would expect you to tell the truth.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>you have kept your word as an atheist....after all...you have made the definitions to define the results.....continuously.
Definitions has been Barefoot's game. He chooses what to define, what not to define, and what can and cannot be defined with certain words. I can only play by the rules that he himself makes up.

But then, to look at the posts for what they actually say requires impartibility. You base your conclusions based on the name of the author of the post.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Or to put it into atheist speak...'whats true to me is true to all because i am god!'
Christian speak: "I believe that I can do whatever I want, when I want, and all I have to do to get away with it is pray for forgiveness to wipe the slate clean again".

When you are done playing with strawmen, let me know.
SupaAFC

Glenrothes, UK

#47698 Mar 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
welsher, welsh, welch / vb (intransitive) often followed by on: slang
to fail to pay a gambling debt
to fail to fulfil an obligation
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Yet you still cannot show where I ever agreed to a bet in the first place.

That is because, my manchild friend, you are lying. I know you are lying, you know you are lying, everybody knows that you are lying.

You are that desperate to try and make me disappear that you make up your own bets.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you don't have translating for everyone what you think I mean but I keep hitting you over the head with what I actually said.
You do not say anything; I have reduced your "arguments" to a cut-and-paste strawman.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

Funny how that is.
Shifting the burden of proof.

You claim I made a bet. You cannot show my agreement.

Conclusion: you are lying about a bet taking place.

Conclusion: Barefoot relies on strawmen for lack of an actual argument.

Conclusion: Britain is a typical western democracy.

You want to talk about providing quotes to prove claims? Finally show me where a bet was agreed.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

Funny how that is.
Well, Mr "EXACT quote", show me the "EXACT quote" where I agreed to a bet.

Are you ready to show where an agreement was made or must I remind the world of your hypocrisy regarding the Facebook-Encyclopedia Britannica bet you lost?

Also, do tell me how you define democracy, why we must assume that everything within umbrella terms are the same, and why things can only be defined by one word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Rosa_Winkel 238,216
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 2 hr Freebird USA 9,341
News Confessions of a black atheist 3 hr audy17 417
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Thinking 6,108
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Thinking 2,064
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Denisova 18,697
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 11 hr prophecydotorg 7,408
More from around the web