In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47218 Feb 11, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Make me, manchild.
Make you?

You m/f c/s liar: your word is worthless.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

What makes you think ANYONE believes you would keep your word?

HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHHA!
SupaAFC

Glasgow, UK

#47219 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
SupaAFC wrote:
You most likely do not have the physical copy of the source - Wiki does not even quote it because the author of the article, whether citing it or not, wrote his/her own version of the statement;
Wikipedia is the -only- source where the quote shows up ad verbatim;
And yet the links you provided are pastejobs from Wikipedia.

I do not know how you found them, but Wikipedia is the only source that pops up when copy-pasted into Google - certainly for me.

Also, I was addressing your claim that you did not get the quote from Wikipedia. So if you did get it from one of those links - which was it?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
QUOTE:
...Wikipedia is the -only- source where the quote shows up ad verbatim;
Good job avoiding the argument by jumping onto semantics again.

I made this conclusion based on the fact that when pasted into Google, Wikipedia was the only source that came up.

Are you going to show me which of the links you got the quote from if not from Wikipedia? It really makes no difference considering they all are all pastejobs from Wikipedia.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you the source.
~stomp stomp stomp~
That Facebook page is not EB.

I gave you EB's biography of Eden straight from EB's website. Your quote is not present.

Are you still going to pretend that EB used your quote?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at that quote again:
Wikipedia is the -only- source where the quote shows up ad verbatim;
And all your links are pastejobs from Wikipedia, so whether you got the quote from Wikipedia, a blog or Facebook, it makes no real difference considering they are all from Wikipedia in the first place!

Which one did you get it from? Stop dodging the question.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Your assertion.
Prove it.
PS: Let's look at the quote again:
YOU SAID:'Wikipedia is the -only- source where the quote shows up ad verbatim;'
When you still cannot admit to being wrong about universities not giving out politics degrees, or that the Weimar republic was not a democracy, or that your Facebook page is -not- EB, or that Constitutional monarchies are democratic, then what good would it be going on another wild goose chase when you change your demands every five minutes?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are smart enough to know that Wikipedia isn't the original source, that people quote other sources.
Most people are honest enough to not make up strawmen.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>I pointed out the footnote two weeks ago, you stupid f*ing hump.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA!
I pointed out that you did not come across the statement from the original source. That is the point. You got it online, whether from Wikipedia or a link that pastejobs from Wikipedia, and contradicted yourself after repeatedly ignoring people's arguments supported by Wiki or any online source at all.
SupaAFC

Glasgow, UK

#47220 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS:
YOU SAID: Wikipedia is the -only- source where the quote shows up ad verbatim
I'll point to how you changed "unanimous choice" to "popular choice" after your error was pointed out to you.
And remind you how you are unable to admit you are wrong.
Say your goodbyes: stop posting, Welsher!
You do realise that all you accomplish by continually ranting about semantics is show the world that you have nothing to say against the arguments themselves, right?

Barefoot logic: scores a point, claims knockout.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
QUOTE: Wikipedia is the -only- source where the quote shows up ad verbatim
I told you weeks ago I didn't use Wikipedia as the source for the quote and you insisted I did.
Right. Notice that despite all your ravings and high post content, you have -still- not declared where you got the quote from?

Wiki? Non-EB Facebook? Random blog? An internet forum? Where was it?

Then explain why it even matters considering they -all- copied from Wikipedia anyway.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>It was STUPID of you to insist not only did I get it from WIKIPEDIA, but that it was the ONLY place that I could have gotten it.
Let's look at that quote again:
YOU SAID: Wikipedia is the -only- source where the quote shows up ad verbatim
Say you goodbyes, SuperFAG.
Where did you get the quote from? You do realise that I am still aware that you have not actually answered this question, right?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Make you?
You m/f c/s liar: your word is worthless.
HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
What makes you think ANYONE believes you would keep your word?
HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHHA!
Speaking of words, are you going to define democracy yet?
Lincoln

United States

#47221 Feb 12, 2013
You
are
amusing ...
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bump this as an example of something that you repeat but still cannot find me denying the UK is a constitutional monarchy because- and this is the tricky part- I haven't said that.
Putting aside the UK does not have a constitution.
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#47222 Feb 12, 2013
I see the maltheists are resorting to their usual M.O. in trying to bore barefoot2626 off topix with the usual spamming of rehashed and redefined rants and diatribes as well as irrelevant posts.

Unfortunately barefoot you must realise now if you havent already and as I was once told....
"you will never win an argument with a stupid person"

How true that is, we believers see it everyday with the maltheist perverts on this site

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#47223 Feb 12, 2013
Siro wrote:
I see the maltheists are resorting to their usual M.O. in trying to bore barefoot2626 off topix with the usual spamming of rehashed and redefined rants and diatribes as well as irrelevant posts.
Unfortunately barefoot you must realise now if you havent already and as I was once told....
How true that is, we believers see it everyday with the maltheist perverts on this site
Go away theist troll, your arguments have already been defeated. Instead of getting angry at atheists, try and get better from your faith based mental illness.

Location hidden

#47224 Feb 12, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the links you provided are pastejobs from Wikipedia.
Prove it.

Putting aside I have already
a) Proved that the Wiki entry is a compilation of posts, including my source
b) did you already forget to told us there were no other sources that I could have possible gotten my quote from?

Why are you still posting?

Welsher!

Location hidden

#47225 Feb 12, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
I do not know how you found them, but Wikipedia is the only source that pops up when copy-pasted into Google - certainly for me.

PS: I GAVE YOU THE LINKSA, Welsher!

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Here's a thought, dumbpqhuq: I didn't go looking for the quote, I already had the quote.

I didn't know or care that it was ALSO in Wikipedia, ya dumbphuq.

Why are you still posting, Welsher?
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#47226 Feb 12, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away theist troll, your arguments have already been defeated. Instead of getting angry at atheists, try and get better from your faith based mental illness.
Well you obviously defeated all my arguments because.....because....ummm... ..because.......YOU SAID SO!
Gee...what other evidence is necessary?
As you are the self proclaimed fountain to truth and absolute wisdom!

You hate God because you hate competition.
So now oh great red comrade, how are we to worship your regal narcissim?

Seriously you suck.

Location hidden

#47227 Feb 12, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Good job avoiding the argument by jumping onto semantics again.
You mean by taking EXACTLY what YOU said and proving you to be a liar?

Location hidden

#47228 Feb 12, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you obviously defeated all my arguments because.....because....ummm... ..because.......YOU SAID SO!
You notice that?

Even when you prove the NotBot to be wrong - or to be a liar... again... here's their excuse: you are using 'semantics'...

Location hidden

#47229 Feb 12, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Right. Notice that despite all your ravings and high post content, you have -still- not declared where you got the quote from?
You do remember insisting that the ONLY place I could have possibly gotten it from was Wikipedia?

And I gave you FOUR more web sources with the link...

And you still insist that it isn't possible that I got this quote from any other place except Wikipedia?

WELSHER!

Location hidden

#47230 Feb 12, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Then explain why it even matters considering they -all- copied from Wikipedia anyway.

I told you weeks ago I didn't use Wikipedia as the source for the quote and you insisted I did.

And I already PROVED Wiki wasn't the original source.

Location hidden

#47231 Feb 12, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
I pointed out that you did not come across the statement from the original source.

TRUE OR FALSE?

Location hidden

#47232 Feb 12, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
I do not know how you found them, but
BUT I FOUND THEM BEFORE YOU EVEN LOOKED!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

TRUE OR FALSE?

WELSHER!
Siro

Australia

#47233 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You notice that?
Even when you prove the NotBot to be wrong - or to be a liar... again... here's their excuse: you are using 'semantics'...
And yet they use marxist dialectic to redefine whatever rants they post to suit their supposed point of the time, even though they might produce contradicting/opposing points of view in their argument. They will still hold these points as being simultaneously absolutely true.
They are easily to predict because they all are schooled in atheist or so-called 'rational' thought in the same way.
It is them that are indoctrinated in a cult like process - not us.
SupaAFC

Glasgow, UK

#47234 Feb 12, 2013
Siro wrote:
I see that you have no qualms with ignoring Christian doctrine to satisfy your own prejudices.
Siro wrote:
When calling atheists stupid, make sure to re-check which side believes in magic.

That would be -your- side.
SupaAFC

Glasgow, UK

#47235 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Why? You are never satisfied with your demands and when completely cornered - politics degree springs to mind - you simply up sticks and move on to something else.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting aside I have already
a) Proved that the Wiki entry is a compilation of posts
Not remotely. You have simply linked me to other sites that copy-paste Wikipedia's own work.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text> including my source
Was an internet link, most likely Wikipedia.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
b) did you already forget to told us there were no other sources that I could have possible gotten my quote from?
When copy-pasted into Google Wikipedia was the only source that came up.

Even so, you are -still- to declare which link you got it from, so until you do, there is nothing for me to acknowledge. You are still running away from saying where you got it from - and it was certainly not the source Wiki cited.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you still posting?
Welsher!
Because you serve as an excellent time-killing whackamole.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: I GAVE YOU THE LINKSA, Welsher!
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Here's a thought, dumbpqhuq: I didn't go looking for the quote, I already had the quote.
I didn't know or care that it was ALSO in Wikipedia, ya dumbphuq.
Why are you still posting, Welsher?
How about answering the question which was where you got the quote from?

Was it from Wiki?

Your non-EB Facebook page?

A blog?

An internet debate forum?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean by taking EXACTLY what YOU said and proving you to be a liar?
How could I be lying when I was unaware of those links, all of which copied from Wikipedia anyway?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You notice that?
And semantics it is. Notice how you are -still- to tell me where you got the quote from which was what I was asking in the first place.

Pounces on words, avoids the argument.
SupaAFC

Glasgow, UK

#47236 Feb 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do remember insisting that the ONLY place I could have possibly gotten it from was Wikipedia?
And I gave you FOUR more web sources with the link...
And you still insist that it isn't possible that I got this quote from any other place except Wikipedia?
WELSHER!
If Wikipedia's article did not exist then neither would your three links considering - drum roll - they copied from Wikipedia.

Still to tell me where you got the quote from. I am sticking with Wikipedia until you be a big boy and actually answer the question.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And until you actually tell me where you got the quote from I am sticking with Wikipedia.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I already PROVED Wiki wasn't the original source.
Which was never the point. Unless you actually have the book itself and manually typed out the quote - which would be amazing considering Wikipedia did not use inverted commas to directly quote from the source - you evidently got quote from one of those links you posted.

You are still to declare where you actually got the quote from. It was certainly not the source Wiki attributed it to.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUE OR FALSE?
Barefoot has still not declared where he got the quote from. True or false?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT I FOUND THEM BEFORE YOU EVEN LOOKED!
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Then kindly declare where you got the quote from.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUE OR FALSE?
WELSHER!
Barefoot has -still- not said where he got the quote from. True or false?

Also: are you still going to pretend your Facebook page was EB? Was that a lie?

Location hidden

#47237 Feb 12, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? You are never satisfied with your demands
You mean: you have no way of proving.

Especially since it isn't true.

And I have proven a long list, you whiny b*, you are a troll.

The sun comes up in the east...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 23 min Save This Nation 2,266
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min thewordofme 232,757
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 2 hr Thinking 28
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 2 hr Thinking 119
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Thinking 23,178
God' existence 2 hr Thinking 57
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr thetruth 1,442
More from around the web