In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
45,441 - 45,460 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
I did not make the claim..
No, Stickums, you did make the claim.

Put up or shut up.
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Stickums, you did make the claim.
Put up or shut up.
And the quote for the claim is where?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
And the quote for the claim is where?
Which one do you want?

Your quote that I never cite my sources?

put up or shut up.
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one do you want?
Your quote that I never cite my sources?
put up or shut up.
Nice try at trying to change the claim.

I have already backed my claim that you took your quote about Macmillan from Wikipedia by, surprise surprise, showing the exact same quote from Wikipedia.

You claimed you got it from somewhere

The onus is on -you- to show me where you "really" got the quote from.

Put up, manchild. I am sure you have managed to shift responsibility to other people throughout your sordid life, but I am not going to wipe your backside for you.

Time to be a grown-up and admit you lied.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe your chin, Meatball.
(quote)
removed cut and pasted text
Sweden is also a democracy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
I have already backed my claim that you took your quote about Macmillan
Actually, you didn't.

And we started with you saying I never cite sources.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
Macmillan from Wikipedia by, surprise surprise, showing the exact same quote from Wikipedia.
And I showed you the little number at the end of the EXACT quote which I pointed out: was the source where the anonymous writer WIKI got.

You do understand that WIKI isn't the original source for most of what it posts?

You do understand why they have those little numbers?

You pretend to be a college graduate but you don't know what a footnote is?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
Review: Macmillan was the unanimous choice of the sitting Conservative cabinet; he was duly appointed the new PM.
Bump.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

"Although the media expected Butler would get the nod, a survey of the Cabinet done for the Queen showed Macmillan was the nearly unanimous choice, and he became Prime Minister on 10 January 1957"

++

On this day in 1957 Sir Anthony Eden resigned as prime minister of Britain due to ill health, after just one year and 279 days in the post. He was succeeded by Harold Macmillan.

Eden resigned on 9 January 1957, after his doctors warned him his life was at stake if he continued in office. Although the media expected Butler would get the nod, a survey of the Cabinet done for the Queen showed Macmillan was the nearly unanimous choice, and he became Prime Minister on 10 January 1957. Shortly afterwards Eden and his wife left England for a holiday in New Zealand.

Eden retained much of his personal popularity in Britain, was created Earl of Avon in 1961, and entered the House of Lords. In retirement Eden was particularly bitter that during the Suez Crisis Eisenhower had initially indicated British and French troops should be allowed to remain around Port Said, only for the US ambassador Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr. to press for an immediate withdrawal at the UN, thereby rendering the operation a complete failure. Eden felt the Eisenhower administration's unexpected opposition was hypocritical in light of the 1953 Iranian coup d'état and the 1954 Guatemalan coup d'état.

http://www.facebook.com/BritannicaHistorica/p...

++

Eden resigned on 9 January 1957, after his doctors warned him his life was at stake if he continued in office.[43] Although the media expected Butler would get the nod, a survey of the Cabinet done for the Queen showed Macmillan was the nearly unanimous choice, and he became Prime Minister on 10 January 1957.[44] Shortly afterwards Eden and his wife left England for a holiday in New Zealand. HP Pavilion DV4-1248TX Battery

http://battery-2010.blogspot.com/2012/01/anth...

+++

http://www.ukdebate.co.uk/forums/index.php...

ranger121
Bassist

"Although the media expected Butler would get the nod, a survey of the Cabinet done for the Queen showed Macmillan was the nearly unanimous choice, and he became Prime Minister on 10 January 1957"

++++++

This is your claim, by the way.

As I pointed out to you already, the little number at the end means WIKI took the source from another site.

Although the media expected Butler would get the nod, a survey of the Cabinet done for the Queen showed Macmillan was the nearly unanimous choice, and he became Prime Minister on 10 January 1957.[50]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try at trying to change the claim..
Now you can stop posting in this thread.

Take the rest of your day to say your goodbyes.
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you didn't.
And we started with you saying I never cite sources.
And I was correct up until you finally cited university links for politics degrees.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I showed you the little number at the end of the EXACT quote which I pointed out: was the source where the anonymous writer WIKI got.
Which does not remotely prove that you got the quote from the original source. You simply copy-pasted from Wikipedia which you have been denying this whole time.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that WIKI isn't the original source for most of what it posts?
Not the point. The point is you played a double standard by using Wiki to back a claim when you simply ignore Wiki citations from other people.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand why they have those little numbers?
You pretend to be a college graduate but you don't know what a footnote is?
I am well aware as such. I am also aware that you have immense double standards when it comes to using online material.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Bump.
Thank you for reminding everybody that you ran away from the argument itself.
barefoot2626 wrote:
Both your Facebook -and- blog sources are paste jobs from - shock of shocks - Wikipedia.

How on earth does that mean that you got your quote from a non-Wiki source, when Wikipedia - the original source - predates both your links considering they were both posted last month?

Face it: you got the quote from Wikipedia and are trying to save face by showing links that quote from... Wikipedia.

You lied, Barefoot. Accept it like a big boy.
barefoot2626 wrote:
Now you can stop posting in this thread.

Take the rest of your day to say your goodbyes.
Not happening. I know that you are desperate for me to stop whacking you with my mallet, but posting to links that in turn copy-paste from Wikipedia does not prove in the slightest that you got the quote from a non-Wiki source.

Are either the Facebook or blog links the original source? Nope, unless you are claiming that their January 2013 posts predate Wikipedia.

You lied, manchild. Stop pretending otherwise when we both know you copy-pasted from Wikipedia and played a double standard.
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Edit: noticed that the blog post was actually January 2012, but regardless, it is safe to say that Wikipedia's source predates it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
And I was correct up
I'm not interested, you stop posting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
Which does not remotely prove that you got the quote
You have already told everyone here that I could not have gotten the quote from anywhere else.

Even after I told you about the footnote (the [50]). Weeks ago.

You stupidly assumed.

I don't care: you can stop posting now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
Both your Facebook -and- blog sources are paste jobs from - shock of shocks - Wikipedia.
You stupid moron: the "facebook" source is the Encyclopedic Britannica.

And the **********ENTIRE********** quote is there.

You stupid moron: why is it the Wikipedia quote is SMALLER than then the Britannica quote?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Stop posting.

PS: the Wiki QUOTE is sourced and footnoted. The Wiki source *received* the copy and paste.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Stop posting.

Welsher.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
Not happening.
Of course not: you are a m/f c/s liar and not a soul would expect you not to be a Welsher.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
You lied

++

On this day in 1957 Sir Anthony Eden resigned as prime minister of Britain due to ill health, after just one year and 279 days in the post. He was succeeded by Harold Macmillan.

Eden resigned on 9 January 1957, after his doctors warned him his life was at stake if he continued in office. Although the media expected Butler would get the nod, a survey of the Cabinet done for the Queen showed Macmillan was the nearly unanimous choice, and he became Prime Minister on 10 January 1957. Shortly afterwards Eden and his wife left England for a holiday in New Zealand.

Eden retained much of his personal popularity in Britain, was created Earl of Avon in 1961, and entered the House of Lords. In retirement Eden was particularly bitter that during the Suez Crisis Eisenhower had initially indicated British and French troops should be allowed to remain around Port Said, only for the US ambassador Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr. to press for an immediate withdrawal at the UN, thereby rendering the operation a complete failure. Eden felt the Eisenhower administration's unexpected opposition was hypocritical in light of the 1953 Iranian coup d'état and the 1954 Guatemalan coup d'état.

http://www.facebook.com/BritannicaHistorica/p ...

++

Eden resigned on 9 January 1957, after his doctors warned him his life was at stake if he continued in office.[43] Although the media expected Butler would get the nod, a survey of the Cabinet done for the Queen showed Macmillan was the nearly unanimous choice, and he became Prime Minister on 10 January 1957.[44] Shortly afterwards Eden and his wife left England for a holiday in New Zealand. HP Pavilion DV4-1248TX Battery

http://battery-2010.blogspot.com/2012/01/anth ...

+++

http://www.ukdebate.co.uk/forums/index.php ...

ranger121
Bassist

++++++

This is your claim, by the way.

As I pointed out to you already, the little number at the end means WIKI took the source from another site.

Although the media expected Butler would get the nod, a survey of the Cabinet done for the Queen showed Macmillan was the nearly unanimous choice, and he became Prime Minister on 10 January 1957.[50]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't say?
So why don't you show EVERYONE where I uttered such nonsense.
PS: if you learn how to use the scroll button on your mouse, you would find that not always do quotes originate from Wikipedia.
And if you look at the little numbers on sections of Wikipedia, you will find where they came from.
E.G.:[50]
This is me calling you when it happened.

I know: you run away and two weeks later invent the conversation we never had.

Do see how I pointed out on Jan. 22: Wiki- which YOU pointed to- didn't have the original source.

Let's also remind everyone this was in response to you insisting that Macmillan was the UNANIMOUS choice.

And you would later call this a "grammatical error".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
I was 100 percent correct that Macmillan was a popular choice in his party to replace Eden.
Let's make sure we quote you here after you change what you had said (unanimous choice) to 'popular choice'.

Let's keep your lies visible and close together.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
Did you not tell us that Wikipedia, the only source you ran to to verify this, was anonymous?
Let's make sure we have you insisting that Wiki was the only source... and remind everyone that I listed not only four more sources on the internet, but the original source as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Buck Crick 224,539
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 min Pahu 835
What does "Atheism" mean? 4 hr Buck Crick 37
Introducing The Universal Religion 8 hr nanoanomaly 735
Our world came from nothing? 8 hr Reason Personified 247
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 17 hr religionisillness 19
•••
•••