In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
45,301 - 45,320 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is the barfy butt breath’s mind only has 2 stages
You have the in the mouth real life experience, Skanque.

And you displayed your bigotry for all to see...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
And i'm right when i say Sweden is a democracy.
Tax payers in a democracy do not pay for royal weddings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

SupaAFC wrote:
The Woodrow Wilson Department
You get a degree there too, SuperFAG?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that a list of degrees
Still waiting: put up or shut up, SuperFAG.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

SupaAFC wrote:
Speaking of checking sources, when are you going to show me the source you got the Macmillan quote from if it was not from Wikipedia?
You ae already two challenges down, SuperFAG.

Put up or shut up.

I guess being yellow is part of the British DNA.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the official name of Sweden?
abominable snowman
n.
A hairy human like animal reportedly inhabiting the snows of the high Himalaya Mountains. Also called yeti.
Kingdoms can be democracies (no lies from you changes that)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
"the U.K., at 23rd, ranked in the bottom half of the full democracies."
abominable snowman
n.
A hairy humanlike animal reportedly inhabiting the snows of the high Himalaya Mountains. Also called yeti.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax payers in a democracy do not pay for royal weddings.
you are wrong again

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF have you been smoking you drippydick cuckold
In your mouth real life experience, Skanque, in your mouth, yummy for your tummy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
Yes and PMs resign,
Prime ministers are not elected in the UK.

I don't care if they take baths or not- I am sure they are infrequent- but whether or not PM resign or die in office: who cares.

When they are replaced, they are replaced, each and every one of them, by appointment.

And I have as much say on who will be the next PM as you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
I have already explained, and shown you how via links, how the PM is selected
Actually, I was the one who showed you, bigot, I show you how it works and so far, bigot, you have not been able to refute a SINGLE thing I have said.

Now bigot: the prime minister in UK is APPOINTED.

By the monarch.

Just as I have stated many dozen times.

NO matter how hard you stomp your bigoted feet.

And the prime minister is not always elected by his party.

As I have already proved.

Wipe your chin, Skanque.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
So still no proof, you really are a hypocritical drippydick cuckold of little intelligence aren’t you. But you seem to know how it’s done, again let me quite you - bouncy bouncy mmmmmmmm yummy yummy lickity lick.
Most of us men do, Skanque, and we all appreciate everything you do.

Wipe your chin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights,
No UK guarantee of freedom of speech.

And do see those examples of recent arrests of persons expressing themselves who were jailed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
you are wrong again
Sweden: Cost of royal wedding triggers monarchy debate

By Malin Rising, Associated Press Writer

STOCKHOLM — It will be a royal moment of glory set against the bleak backdrop of Europe's financial crisis.

The June 19 wedding in Stockholm Cathedral between Crown Princess Victoria and her personal trainer Daniel Westling has triggered debate about why an otherwise egalitarian country like Sweden retains such an archaic — and expensive — institution.

Like in neighboring monarchies Norway and Denmark, the Swedish royals' responsibilities are purely ceremonial, but they still enjoy privileged lives compared to ordinary people, a disparity that has become increasingly evident during preparations for the wedding.

Many here are questioning the 20 million kronor ($2.5 million) price tag of the wedding — half of which will be borne by taxpayers — at a time when ordinary citizens are being asked to endure a new age of austerity.

(clip)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Mikko wrote:
Kingdoms can be democracies (no lies from you changes that)
No, they can't.

They can be democrat-IC but they cannot be democracies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
Again you ignore democracy, the PM is approved by the queen ONLY after being elected as an MP by the public and elected as a party leader by the publicly elected members of his party.
I like it when you put things in CAPS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
Same here, must be a hundred times I have agreed that the UK is a monarchy
When the postman is finished, look up "rhetorical question".

Let me know when you have contradicted what SuperFAG has posted- that the UK is NOT a monarchy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, Do you have a blind spot for those words? You seem to IGNORE the convention every time it is brought up, why is this, because it screws up you preconceptions?
...may be subject to such formalities...

I.E.: not free.

2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

COMPARE:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than the fact that I have listed the degrees by name and provided the link to back them up.
Instead of a broken link to nowhere, SuperFAG?
Still waiting, SuperFAG.
Put up.
Politics and International Relations at Aberdeen is unique in Scotland in bringing together these two cognate, but distinct, subjects as equal components. Teaching and research are both enhanced by this framework and many students feel there is a great benefit in being able to study the two side-by-side.
Why Aberdeen?
Politics and International Relations at Aberdeen continues to excel in the annual National Student Survey
The Department brings active research culture into its teaching, helping to take students to the forefront of contemporary debates and knowledge in the field
Areas of special expertise include Interest Groups, Public Policy, Comparative Political Parties and Elections, European Integration and Regionalism, Security Studies, Cross National Surveys, Scottish Politics, Regional IR, Modernity and Religion, Human Rights and Development Issues, Political Communication, Democracy and Democratisation and European Politics
The Department encourages students to spend their second year of study abroad. The University offers support centrally for taking a year abroad in Europe, Japan, Hong Kong or North America

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a...

PROGRAMME LENGTH
MRes 12 months full-time
Aims
The Masters in Political Research seeks to provide students with comprehensive, advanced-level methodological training in Politics and International Relations. It has a dual remit, equipping students with transferable skills for graduate employment, while also laying the foundations for research leading to a doctorate. The programme gives participants the knowledge, understanding and competence to deploy qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection and analysis in the conduct of theoretically informed research in Politics and International Relations. Students are required to present research results in the form of oral and written reports. A dissertation permits students to develop skills in an area of particular interest to them. The MRes programme is tailored to provide the methodological training and critical capacity for advanced research in Politics or IR.

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/prospectus/pgrad/study/...

What say you now?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You get a degree there too, SuperFAG?
Thank you ever so much for posting links to two universities that give out Politics degrees.

I recommend going to a doctor to address the gun-shot wounds in your feet.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Still waiting: put up or shut up, SuperFAG
Asked and received. You can now apologise for being wrong about universities not giving out Politics degrees.

Also, you STILL cannot admit that Britain is a Constitutional monarchy. Why is that if you so adamantly claimed that you have never claimed Britain is not one?
SupaAFC

Larbert, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You ae already two challenges down, SuperFAG.

Put up or shut up.

I guess being yellow is part of the British DNA.
When people make claims, they are required to back them up.

You claimed that your Macmillan quote came from a non-Wikipedia source.

You have failed to back up this assertion.

Conclusion: you are lying.

Prove me wrong: be an adult and back up your claim.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
abominable snowman
n.
A hairy humanlike animal reportedly inhabiting the snows of the high Himalaya Mountains. Also called yeti.
Translation: Barefoot still cannot admit that he is flat out wrong about Britain not being a democracy, even when reputable sources state as such.

Nobody, not even your own sources, deny that Britain is not a democracy. Only you, in Fantasyland, where you are supreme expert on everything man has ever conceived, think that because Britain has a monarch then it is therefore not a democracy. Barefoot against the world.

Just like you think that because Einstein was a male, he was not German, not a scientist, not a genius.

In Barefootland, things can only be defined by one word. One, single, lonely, word.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
When the postman is finished, look up "rhetorical question".
Let me know when you have contradicted what SuperFAG has posted- that the UK is NOT a monarchy.
Another lie. I have never denied that Britain has a monarchy, I state that Britain is a Parliamentary democracy with a figurehead monarch at the top.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 224,606
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr CunningLinguist 29
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr NightSerf 258
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 4 hr CunningLinguist 229
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 5 hr CunningLinguist 70,963
Introducing The Universal Religion 12 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 12 hr Patrick 397
•••
•••