In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46602 Jan 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
And your racist outburst (even if ignorant)
Tell us why you would think running off with a BLACK man would be more catastrophic than running off with any other man.

Do you want to pretend it wasn't intended PRECISELY that way?

Putting aside, of course, I proved you long ago to be a m/f,c/s liar?

Location hidden

#46603 Jan 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Funnily enough I have proven my point several times that the first fully working military spec enigma machine was captured from the U110
You can prove that the earth is flat, too, Skanque, but the fact remains that two enigma machines were captured earlier in Norway, no matter how hard you stomp. The model of the enigma captured from the submarine is more *historically* known because the capture of the first enigmas were kept a state secret for fifty years.

And I have posted a link to that and even pasted text reflecting that here.

No one is going to make you ever admit you were wrong.

Ask the EX.

Location hidden

#46604 Jan 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, parliament, are you changing the goalposts
I haven't moved them an inch.

There a many goalposts here, I continue to plant them.

If SuperFag wants to continue to deny that the United KING_dom is a monarchy, and his "proof" is the UK has a Parliament... besides reminding him that a Parliament does not a democracy make... pointing out the FACT that MOST of the members of the UK Parliament are APPOINTED by the monarchy is just another straw in the camel's back.

Location hidden

#46605 Jan 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Wrong, you provided irrelevant numbers dated 2 years before the start of WW2,
Warships do not get beamed aboard flying saucers and carried away into outer space.

The USA had some three dozen more warships in 1937 than did the UK, and that doesn't count the 50 ships the USA had that they would trade to the UK in 1940.

And you insist you "proved" the UK had more but yet even still now: there is no number.

And of course you don't want to talk about the thousands of ships the USA would go on to build to fight in WWII.

How many did the UK build, Skanque?

Location hidden

#46606 Jan 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
I voted in the 2010 general election, live with it. The UK is a democracy, I get to vote.
The citizens of the USSR never lost their vote.

Was the USSR a democracy?

The citizens of Cuba vote.

Is Cuba a democracy?

The citizens of North Korea (The Democratic Peoples Republic in Korea) vote...

How many examples do you want?

Location hidden

#46607 Jan 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
BTW , Black is not an abusive term except by people who want to see black as an abusive term
Oh, Skanque: my wife did not run off with a man... you made it a point... you insisted that she ran off with a BLACK man.

On top of you being a racists and a sexist, you insist that everyone here is stupid.

Do you really think that there is a single person in this forum who did not know exactly what you meant?
Siro

Australia

#46608 Jan 21, 2013
Unfortunantly barefoot2626 you are dealing with people in the mold of christine. These people cannot and will not accept responsibility for their own actions, and indeed feel they should not because they are for some unknown reason 'entitled' to make that judgment.

Look at their posts, they cannot stay true and constantly reword what ultimately is vague and meaningless at best and something akin to a scientology rant at worst or near worst.

A crazy person will see others as crazy because they cannot understand their actions.
And a sane person will see a crazy person for what they are because they cannot understand their words.
Lincoln

United States

#46609 Jan 21, 2013
There’s been a great deal of discussion and debate surrounding this year’s inaugural festivities. From atheist activists who have worked diligently to discourage the president from using the Bible and God’s name at the event, to Lawrence O’Donnell and his recent lambasting of these traditions. In all, there’s been much discussion about removing faith from the historic procession. However, despite the criticism, President Barack Obama, once again, decided to keep the words,

“So help me God” at the end of his oath.

The decision to continue with this statement was made by Obama, himself, despite the fact that there is no legal or constitutional mandate demanding that he utter these words. CNN notes that the tradition surrounding,“So help me God” is one that has been intensely-disputed by historians, however the government’s official account, as per the Library of Congress, is that the words were added in by George Washington during the nation’s first inaugural proceeding.

Location hidden

#46610 Jan 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
“So help me God” at the end of his oath.
The USA still has freedom of religion.

And even presidents are allowed to be Christian if that is what they want to be.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#46611 Jan 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Meatball still insists coins have three sides.
douche still insists that the sweden and britain are non democratic

Location hidden

#46612 Jan 21, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
douche still insists that the sweden and britain are non democratic
Poor Meatball, never the quote he needs, he is stuck creating them yet again...
SupaAFC

Crieff, UK

#46613 Jan 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor NotBot: as always, never the quote he needs, so he has to make them up.
Numerous times in the past you have been told that Britain is a Constitutional monarchy which you claim is false because we do not have one physical Constitution.

The only person making up stuff is you - excuses - rather than dealing with the substance of my posts.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>All I need, SuperFAG: you have contributed anything new in two months.
Right. So while we must provide thorough research and evidence for our arguments, you are at liberties to provide nothing for yours other than assertions, ad homs and the odd dictionary definition (because dictionaries dictate reality for reasons known only to you).

So, we act like adults, and you act like a child.

Yes, I agree; that is all you are required to do as that is all you are capable of actually doing.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>mon·ar·chy
[mon-er-kee] noun, plural mon·ar·chies.
1. a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually or nominally lodged in a monarch. Compare absolute monarchy, limited monarchy.
2. supreme power or sovereignty held by a single person.
Synonyms
1. See kingdom.
de·moc·ra·cy
/di&#712;mäkr&#601;s &#275;/
Noun
A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.
A state governed in such a way.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>$49 each, with a frame, good deal for you, eh, SuperFAG?
Politics, eh?
SupaAFC: two politics degrees.

Barefoot: no politics degrees.

That is why your "debate" with me about British politics has been so uneven and I routinely get you frustrated all the time. I am actually educated in what I speak about; you, evidently, are not.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Poor SuperFAG: stuck making up his own quotes and his own definitions.
Nope, it's cited right in your own pastejob in definition 1.

If Britain is a monarchy then our Queen should be making laws. But she doesn't, because that is the role of the Commons.

The Commons are democractically elected.

Conclusion: Britain is a Parliamentary democracy with a figurehead monarch.

Conclusion: Barefoot is flat out wrong.

Prove me wrong, manchild: show our monarchy in action - preferably in my lifetime.
SupaAFC

Crieff, UK

#46614 Jan 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't moved them an inch.
There a many goalposts here, I continue to plant them.
You don't move them, you simply abandon them when you cannot find a tidbit in the person's posts to latch onto.

Case in point: Macmillan being a democratically-elected MP which made a mockery of your claim that he was an unelected Prime Minister.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If SuperFag wants to continue to deny that the United KING_dom is a monarchy, and his "proof" is the UK has a Parliament... besides reminding him that a Parliament does not a democracy make...
Your best response has simply been that you do not care about Britain having a Parliament. You also flat-out ran away from defining democracy despite being asked to so that we could establish what counts as a democratic state.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>pointing out the FACT that MOST of the members of the UK Parliament are APPOINTED by the monarchy is just another straw in the camel's back.
If those appointed members actually did anything of substance that affects our political system. Unfortunately for you, they don't.
SupaAFC

Crieff, UK

#46615 Jan 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
President Obama will end the oath with
"so help me God" illustrating the influence of Christianity on America in 2013
Because president Obama of all presidents is going to pander to the demands of the religious right.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#46616 Jan 21, 2013
Right as in wrong.
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Because president Obama of all presidents is going to pander to the demands of the religious right.

Location hidden

#46617 Jan 21, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Numerous times in the past you have been told that Britain is a Constitutional monarchy
Monarchy.

PS:

A Constitutional monarchy is:

A) a monarchy
B) a kumquat
C) a long haired cat
D) a monarchy

Location hidden

#46618 Jan 21, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Numerous times in the past you have been told that Britain is a Constitutional monarchy which you claim is false because we do not have one physical Constitution.
Does the United KING_dom have a constitution, yes or no?

PS: Funny no matter how many times I invite you to quote me, you cannot ever seem to find the quote you need.

And you make one up.

Yes or no: Does the United KING_dom have a Constitution, yes or no?

Location hidden

#46619 Jan 21, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
The only person making up stuff is you - excuses - rather than dealing with the substance of my posts.
In actual fact: my posts are replete qith quotes.

I would say "exact quotes"- because you don't seem to understand what a quote means, and you think that a quote means that you got most of the words in there right.

All quotes- actually- are verbatim.

And that is why when you refer to something you think I mostly said... you don't use them.

Location hidden

#46620 Jan 21, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
SupaAFC: two politics degrees.
SuperFAG = full of cr@p.

PS: You continue to insist the UK isn't a monarchy. Your "degrees" should be put to better use: pull them from the frames and use them to wipe your azz.

PS: Do let me know what you think a "politics degree" is supposed to be.

Location hidden

#46621 Jan 21, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Your best response has simply been that you do not care about Britain having a Parliament.
Actually, I have given you around twenty responses.

Maybe you can pick on that you like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 min TheHeadlines 22,213
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Aura Mytha 227,518
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 13 min TheHeadlines 75
Stump a theist with 2 questions 16 min TheHeadlines 58
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 21 min TheHeadlines 4,093
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 34 min woodtick57 87
Bill Maher's "dirty secret": He's deeply religi... 5 hr Thinking 5
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE