In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
44,681 - 44,700 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#46376 Jan 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, of course not, you have your opinion about "bigots" and they change depending on the people who post.
You are perfectly okay with Skanque suggesting that- horror of horrors, my wife not only ran off, but ran off with a BLACK man...
No, I misread what he had typed and since they're both gray boxes I made a stupid mistake and did not read the names. It was a stupid mistake, meh. I screwed up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#46377 Jan 17, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence in history is specific.
The Greater the claim, the Greater the Evidence.
If You claim God does not exist, prove it!
What is your evidence?
I make no claims, I dismiss all proposed gods because none have evidence to support them. None, they are all constructs of frightened and primitive minds, nothing more. Now if there is some other thing beyond the universe, no one knows, but none of the claims of something specific can be supported by actual evidence.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#46378 Jan 17, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry K. K.,
I did not read this far down the thread :-(.
It's okay, I messed up first, it was my bad. ;)

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46379 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I misread what he had typed and since they're both gray boxes I made a stupid mistake and did not read the names. It was a stupid mistake, meh. I screwed up.
I understand exactly: you think someone is a bigot... unless you see the bigot is a fellow NotBot... then, what was said isn't any longer a bigoted remark.
Lincoln

United States

#46380 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I make no claims, I dismiss all proposed gods because none have evidence to support them. None, they are all constructs of frightened and primitive minds, nothing more. Now if there is some other thing beyond the universe, no one knows, but none of the claims of something specific can be supported by actual evidence.
I was answering to the wrong post. sorry

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#46381 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Attention PussyKoder!!! Your mountains of inquires cannot be answered until you shrivel up and die...In the meantime quit making an azz out of yourself.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#46382 Jan 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand exactly: you think someone is a bigot... unless you see the bigot is a fellow NotBot... then, what was said isn't any longer a bigoted remark.
No, Lincoln is not an atheist, but he is not a bigot. He has a cool head in most situations and treats most people on here with respect, at least those who earn it. My post, if I actually meant to post it, would have been uncalled for because he did not instigate or begin any actual insults, now had he decided to actually attempt to insult me, or anyone for no particular reason, then I would have treated him the same way I do people like you. His comment was actually about the other troll, your best friend I am guessing since you are so quick to try help. But meh, you're my sweety, I can't stay mad at you for long.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#46383 Jan 17, 2013
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention PussyKoder!!! Your mountains of inquires cannot be answered until you shrivel up and die...In the meantime quit making an azz out of yourself.
Well, if we all have to wait until we die to find out, which I am not going to argue, why would you tell someone who is not making claims about what is after life to "shut up?"

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#46384 Jan 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the KINGDOM of Sweden a monarchy, yes or no?
not the kind of monarchy you are trying to make sweden into

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#46386 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if we all have to wait until we die to find out, which I am not going to argue, why would you tell someone who is not making claims about what is after life to "shut up?"
Hmm.

Looks like someone forgot to change socks.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#46387 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Attention PussyKoder!!! I did not tell you to shut up so do not put words where they do not belong. I said for you to quit making an azz out of yourself which means you should shift your piehole into a different gear...capice? BTW, Is that the real you in that photo? Yes or No?

Location hidden

#46388 Jan 17, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
not the kind of monarchy...
Kind of monarchy?

As everyone in this thread knows, the only "kind" of monarchy I have tried to make you acknowledge is:

Yes or no, is the Kingdom of Sweden a monarchy?

Putting aside of course: the KINGDOM of Sweden is a monarchy...

Location hidden

#46389 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Lincoln is not an atheist, but he is not a bigot.
Let's start with someone who insists my 'wife' ran of with a BLACK man.

Not another man, not a fat man, not a short man... not even an English man or a short-dicked man from Bombay but... a BLACK man.

Bigoted remark?

All signs point to -yes-

Location hidden

#46390 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
treats most people on here with respect.
actually, the 'current' alias used as "lincoln" was disrespectful from the first post.

And falls into the category of not being able to take what the alias dishes out...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#46391 Jan 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's start with someone who insists my 'wife' ran of with a BLACK man.
Not another man, not a fat man, not a short man... not even an English man or a short-dicked man from Bombay but... a BLACK man.
Bigoted remark?
All signs point to -yes-
If you'd stop being a troll, and start actually .. I don't know ... being reasonable and discussing things, who knows, you may make friends even. Maybe even make friends with some of us atheists. You don't know until you try.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#46392 Jan 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of monarchy?
As everyone in this thread knows, the only "kind" of monarchy I have tried to make you acknowledge is:
Yes or no, is the Kingdom of Sweden a monarchy?
Putting aside of course: the KINGDOM of Sweden is a monarchy...
bsfoot is quote mining
Lincoln

United States

#46393 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd stop being a troll, and start actually .. I don't know ... being reasonable and discussing things, who knows, you may make friends even. Maybe even make friends with some of us atheists. You don't know until you try.
K. K. have you read anything interesting recently on any topic?
Been watching "The Abolitionists" on PBS, informative.
_ Lincoln

Location hidden

#46394 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd stop being a troll, and start actually .
Again, KrustyOdor: you came out to troll. I' ve been here all along.

Adjust your bigotry as you see fit and talk to the hand...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#46395 Jan 17, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
K. K. have you read anything interesting recently on any topic?
Been watching "The Abolitionists" on PBS, informative.
_ Lincoln
Not really, everything that's been on a major network tends to be stuff I already watched a lecture on. Being online with all this information available for free, it makes regular media seem rather boring. lol

Jut recently saw a presentation of Google's new artificial intelligence program. I'm considering applying to join the team for that, they're trying to break the boundary now.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#46396 Jan 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, KrustyOdor: you came out to troll. I' ve been here all along.
Adjust your bigotry as you see fit and talk to the hand...
Oh, I love licking your hand, it's so tasty, all salty and dried up, like bacon or beef jerky. Yummy. Give me more of that sweet luvin you love so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 14 min CunningLinguist 400
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr well 226,244
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr CunningLinguist 21,498
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 5 hr Patrick 10
100% Faith Free 5 hr Patrick 8
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 5 hr Patrick 26
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 7 hr Patrick 10
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••