In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
44,661 - 44,680 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but the USA was not founded on the Christian religion.
Why are you telling me this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but the U.S. Constitution doesn't say anything about god or jesus.
Why would it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Us presidential canditates are appointed, that's A P P O I N T E D
They ain't, Packy, and you aren't a US citizen, so you opinion doesn't matter anyway.

Sun rises in the east, Packy is full of cr@p...etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

straa wrote:
Barefoot, just because you have a comically small penis,
Indians have the smallest penises in the world, according to research, it's probably why they are some many rapists who are Indians... that cannot satisfy women and won't get a second shot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Thinking wrote:
I can't prove bsfoot isn't a child abuser.
None of us can.
<quoted text>
You can't prove your not a child abuser: the big red circle on your house on the map the ankle bracelet you wear doesn't help.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

During the 23 days the Beltway sniper was shooting 13 people and murdering 10 in D.C. suburbs the press got it wrong. All thought was angry white male it was two snipers they were dumb as a box of rocks phoning the Roxkfield police headquarters and a priest in Ashland Virginia. John Allen Muhammed 41 and John Lee Malvo 17. I wanted to travel to D.C. to help catch them sooner but did not feel welcome by Bush administration. I got angry mixed messages. GF008 Safer World 2013.
Tad

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you really hate women don't you
What makes you make a general all encompassing statement like that?
I have only referred to one woman who I named, you God haters on the other hand refer to 'blacks' in your pseudo liberal diatribes as though they were of one mind.
Read Christines posts about another poster stating his wife ran off with a black man, as though if it wasnt one particular black man it would have been another because all black men were going to run off with his wife because they are all of one mind.
As for Christines bedroom???.....if it wasnt blacks (collective) it would have been a donkey or a horse.
You atheists make Hitler look like a amateur newbie in racial discrimination.
You are all hypocrites

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Tad wrote:
<quoted text>
I have only referred to one woman who I named, you God haters on the other hand refer to 'blacks' in your pseudo liberal diatribes as though they were of one mind.
Read Christines posts about another poster stating his wife ran off with a black man, as though if it wasnt one particular black man it would have been another because all black men were going to run off with his wife because they are all of one mind.
As for Christines bedroom???.....if it wasnt blacks (collective) it would have been a donkey or a horse.
You are all hypocrites
How odd, you do exactly what you accuse us atheists of in this very post. Strange, don't you actually think about what you're typing or do the words just .... fall out of your mouth?
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Calm down, dear.
Tad wrote:
<quoted text>
You are all hypocrites
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
How odd, you do exactly what you accuse us atheists of in this very post. Strange, don't you actually think about what you're typing or do the words just .... fall out of your mouth?
babble, babble, babble..........

So what did I accuse you atheists of?
Or should everyone accept your 'accusation' because of your say so?

Get the Thetans to write your dialectic propaganda....they would make more sense and be more honest
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Tad wrote:
<quoted text>
You are all hypocrites
You might reread this, rewrite and make some sense.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
First we have a moronic Troll "Indians have the smallest ...." who may be posting from the welfare line?
Second outside of your posts there is not much worth reading.!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
First we have a moronic Troll "Indians have the smallest ...." who may be posting from the welfare line?
Interesting, now you are making a veiled assertion? Why do you not come straight out with it this time? Are you, perhaps, learning that blind assertions without evidence are actually lies? I am doubting that, and thinking that perhaps you fear the facts too much to want to know what is really going on. Maybe one day you will graduate from high school, one day you may even get a job and cease being a leech on your parents, one day you may grow up as well, but you will remain uneducated comparatively simply because you, for some reason, refuse to learn from your mistakes.
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean KK posts like this.....
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/transgender/T...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, now you are making a veiled assertion? Why do you not come straight out with it this time? Are you, perhaps, learning that blind assertions without evidence are actually lies? I am doubting that, and thinking that perhaps you fear the facts too much to want to know what is really going on. Maybe one day you will graduate from high school, one day you may even get a job and cease being a leech on your parents, one day you may grow up as well, but you will remain uneducated comparatively simply because you, for some reason, refuse to learn from your mistakes.
I really fudged that one. Oops. Sorry Lincoln, I have a difficult time telling gray boxes apart. ;) Not meant for you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean KK posts like this.....
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/transgender/T...
Yes, I defend equality, what is your point?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I defend equality, what is your point?
Not so much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I really fudged that one. Oops. Sorry Lincoln, I have a difficult time telling gray boxes apart. ;) Not meant for you.
No, of course not, you have your opinion about "bigots" and they change depending on the people who post.

You are perfectly okay with Skanque suggesting that- horror of horrors, my wife not only ran off, but ran off with a BLACK man...
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, now you are making a veiled assertion? Why do you not come straight out with it this time? Are you, perhaps, learning that blind assertions without evidence are actually lies?...
Evidence in history is specific.
The Greater the claim, the Greater the Evidence.

If You claim God does not exist, prove it!
What is your evidence?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry K. K.,
I did not read this far down the thread :-(.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 55 min number four 224,018
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 2 hr Liam R 12
Of Interest InTheNews 2 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Patrick 181
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr Patrick 21,376
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 8 hr Buck Crick 356
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr Thinking 831
•••
•••