In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51428 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46268 Jan 15, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
The Queen rubber stamps bills
Alreay refuted.

Thanks for continuing to deny the United Kingdom is a monarchy.

It comes up all the time.

Location hidden

#46269 Jan 15, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
The Queen has done nothing
Refuted.

Who appoints the PM?

Location hidden

#46270 Jan 15, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Barefoot posted this in response to my question in regard to whether he has actually read about the political histories of France, America and Britain.
Is France a monarchy?

Is the USA a monarchy?

Yes or no: Is the United KING_dom a moanrchy?

SupaAFC

Leeds, UK

#46271 Jan 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Britain is a monarchy then the Queen should have legislative powers.

She does not.

Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy. You lose.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the members of the UK Parliament are appointed by the monarch.

Or they inherit.

Still.
Like the monarchy, the Lords are all-but irrelevant when it comes to political matters. Do I need to remind you of the House of Lords Act again?

But wait - sorry - I forgot that reading actual historical documents about Britain's political development goes beyond "yes or no". We will leave that for the adults.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Alreay refuted.
Really? Then show Queen Elizabeth refusing to give assent to a bill.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Refuted.

Who appoints the PM?
If the Queen decides who the PM is then the Electoral College elects the President. Your literal logic, your literal rules.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Is France a monarchy?

Is the USA a monarchy?

Yes or no: Is the United KING_dom a moanrchy?

Do they all have governments consisting of elected representatives that draft legislation?
SupaAFC

Leeds, UK

#46272 Jan 15, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems a troll,
why argue with her?
Whack-a-mole. If I have time to kill I have my own loyal manchild troll rehashing easy-to-refute arguments which in turn gets him frustrated. It is a case of building him up then watching him fall into meltdown again.

Location hidden

#46273 Jan 15, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.

Do stop making me responsible for your ignorance and stupidity.

PS: The monarch must endorse any legislation passed by the Parliament before it can become the law.

PPS: Most of the members of the UK Parliament via appointment.

Location hidden

#46274 Jan 15, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Thus, Britain's system of government is not a monarchy.
Thanks for posting this.

Putting aside of course, it's the 'UK' not 'Britain'.

Location hidden

#46275 Jan 15, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Then show Queen Elizabeth refusing to give assent to a bill.
Poor SuperFAG: moving the goalposts again.

Location hidden

#46276 Jan 15, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems a troll,
why argue with her?
You and your aliases do, honey.

glass house?
Lincoln

United States

#46277 Jan 15, 2013
baref**t seems a troll on the wrong thread.

Location hidden

#46278 Jan 15, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
baref**t seems a troll on the wrong thread.
You keep forgetting you and your aliases are ignoring me.

Location hidden

#46279 Jan 15, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Whack-a-mole. If I have time to kill I have my own loyal manchild troll rehashing easy-to-refute arguments which in turn gets him frustrated.
Let me know when you find something you can refute.

Is the United KING_dom a monarchy?" Yes or no.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#46280 Jan 15, 2013
You only have to write a little for bsfoot to write reams in response. Looks like you're getting a good deal.
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Whack-a-mole. If I have time to kill I have my own loyal manchild troll rehashing easy-to-refute arguments which in turn gets him frustrated. It is a case of building him up then watching him fall into meltdown again.

Location hidden

#46281 Jan 15, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.

You keep wanting that I should explain to you the civics you should have learned in six grade.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#46282 Jan 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... let's see what I saaid...
'
barefoot2626 wrote:
Stalin embarrassed all that atheism offered and then he started killing millions of people.
'
….
Is it? Only to godbots with buggerall else to chew on. Only to godbots who conveniently forget his christian upbringing, only for godbots who conveniently forget his work in restoring the church in Russia seem embarrassed by Stalin.

Basically he is only embarrassing to atheists in the eyes of godbots in denial, godbots like you and godbots like Lincoln. Neither are particularly objective.

As to whether Stalin remained christian in his belief is debatable but it is unknown. Yes he made great efforts to rid Russia of religion, but that had nothing to do with atheism, but to rid the country of the dogma that the head of state was close to god. Once he was firmly in office he revived the church in Russia.

True there are claimed statements of Stalin that denounce a god but there is not actual evidence that he said these things. And rather like Hitler godbots are falling over themselves to distance themselves from the action of a baptised christian. They are so deeply in denial that they are prepared to LIE to their god just to fireproof themselves
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mindful of the bigots in the US who insist Obama is a Muslim because he spent time in a Muslim school.
Putting aside (obvious) Catholics are Christian.
Irrelevant
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, we know you have been on the receiving end, eh, Skanque?
…
More guesswork from the drippydick cuckold. Methinks you protest to much, but I will remind you that I am female and fellatio is expected by your man, you have to keep them happy – right? However you claim to be male and your cocksucking exploits are not the expected norm particularly a JW who would be seen as perverted when you are sucking puss festering dick of your wifes lover.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remind the readers of your insult: that my wife ran off with a BLACK man.
….
So it would not be an insult if you wife had run off with a white man?
As you repeatedly used racists comments towards straa then I suggest you consider yourself the pot calling the kettle black. But as for your wife’s lover being black, so what? Why are you so uptight about black people? Why were you comparing black men to fat men with a limp? Is that your impression of black men?

You know what really funny? Black people refer to themselves as black, every single black person I know refers to themselves as black and the majority of white people have no problem with the word black. The only ones who do have a problem with black are the ignorant drippydick cuckold racists like you

We know you are an ignorant racist moron (your posts to straa prove that) and we all now know that you cannot stand the heat when it backfires on you but hey, that’s just your tough luck. YOU are the one who started mocking another race, no me. I simply picked up what you threw and ran with it, if you don’t like it then apologise to straa for you foul mouthed ignorance.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hardly, Skanque, so why not swallow, and wipe off you chin.
….
Lies too? As expected! You were then one who first verbally abused me. The evidence is on this thread, all you need to do is look for your fist occurrence of Skanque and the check if my insults to you predated that. I can guarantee they don’t you festering fool.

Saying “as we know” is understood to introduce guesswork .

#46283 Jan 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !
…
Ask Packy.
Irrelevant you hypocritical racist T\/\/AT, whassup your wife out getting filled with her lovers (and his friends) dna? Are you eagerly waiting for secondary transfer?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~stomp stomp stomp~
You see the UK banks latest fines? 2.6 billion.
Yup but at least they are still around to pay those fines imposed for their behaviour resulting from the global recession caused by US banking greed.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar.
It started with you insisting the Americans didn't capture an enigma-…
Nope. I started by insisting that the first fully working enigma was captured by the HMS Bulldog. I gave no mention of the U505 until weeks later when I got p|ssed off with you in your inimitable and pedantic way of repeatedly laying claim that I said things that I hadn’t. I asked you to show me where I mentioned the U505 and you could not. End of chapter…

How did you disprove fact? The first FULLY WORKING enigma machine was captured from the U110 by the action of the HMS Bulldog. Please feel free to show me your evidence to contradict this

I also showed you a brief example (with links) of the work at Bletchley Park in using that captured machine, and previously obtained partial enigma machines. As usual I suppose such education in British history went right over your head because it interfered with your pre-conceived BS…

Yes I assumed that because you were making stupid claims you must have been using a fictional film as your historical database. I admit that I could have been wrong, It seems that you were making stupid claims from ignorance, not entertainment.

However I do find it hard to believe that you, who claims such immense knowledge of the submariners world did not get off your lazy fat backside and see the film about US glory, even if it was fiction.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And these 400+ US ships did not fall off the universe and the 400+ did not include the
….
http://ww2total.com/WW2/History/Orders-of-Bat...
“At the beginning of the War, the Royal Navy was the most powerful in the world. It had the largest number of ships and a network of naval bases and coaling stations around the globe.”

http://www.naval-history.net/WW2CampaignRoyal...
“The Royal Navy, still the largest in the world in September 1939…”

Sorry (not really) but I can’t find ANYTHING to say the US had the largest fleet at the beginning of WW2 (September 1939)
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
In real life, Skanque... you know what they taste like.
More chickenshit cockold drippydick guesswork and therefore irrelevant
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't speak well for yourself, yet you continue to insist you speak for (among others) Christians.
"Christians say".....
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
….
I simply commented on a christians sad attempt to raise the christian bar above your gutter by omitting facts.

Ha fooking ha, you flipping over the edge of sanity again?

Bollocks, most (not all) chistinans speak and behave under the influence of the babble, as did Stalin and Hitler.

Interpretation? That’s one problem with christards, they interpret they do not evaluate.

BTW there is no evidence that the late jc was the son of anyone but a Roman soldier so we can conclude that belief too is interpretation

Is you wife home from her gangbang screw yet? Hey you’ll really get a good dose of sloppy seconds tonight.

Honey, you want to insult people then remember comeback.

#46285 Jan 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I always thought we got the first one from some brave Polish people, even before the Royal Navy got one. Is that the case?
<quoted text>
The very first enigma machine the British obtained was in 1927, a commercial 3 rotor version purchased in simply by asking the German embassy. It enabled the codebreakers at Bletchely Park to understand the workings

A 4 wheeled machine was given by the Polish Cipher Bureau in 1939, it was able to decipher about 80% of code.

It is said that the problem posed by Max Newman was based on a cipher that these earlier 4 wheeled enigma machines were unable to decipher resulting in Tommy Flowers inventing the Colossus

The first full military spec device was obtained in 1941

#46286 Jan 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem confused.
Stalin in power was an Atheist.
Lenin was also an Atheist in power, both kill millions.
There is no contemporary evidence for this just as there is no contemporary evidence for Hitler being atheist. But that never stopped a good christian making LYING claims

Yes Stalin made great efforts to rid Russia of religion, but that had nothing to do with atheism, rather what he considered best for his country, i.e. getting rid of the religious dogma that the head of state was close to god.

After obtaining his objective Stalin revived the Russian Orthodox Church, was part of a council to elect a new church Patriarch. The Russian theological schools were opened under his watch, as were thousands of churches and the Moscow Theological Academy Seminary. Facts that christian sloping shoulder hate merchants conveniently forget because they are in such a rush to distance themselves from the atrocities of a baptised christian. They are so deeply in denial that they are prepared to LIE to their god just to fireproof themselves

As for Lenin, yes I have ALREADY said that he was atheist, he was one of only 2 known atheists in your bucket list of despots that christianity does not want to associate with

However if you want to associate mass murder with atheism you need to remember that the babble records the abrahamic god as the first mass murderer in history. It is claimed that mass murder ran to almost complete global genocide but I don’t see you complaining about that. Now I wonder why that is?

Here is another bucket list you need to consider
Adam Lanza - christian.
James Holmes - christian.
Anders Bahring Breivik is a fundamentalist christian.
Radovan Karadzic committed genocide in the name of his christian church
Ratko Mladic committed genocide in the name of his christian church.
The IRA were mass murdering terrorists for the name of their church (they seem to be re-emerging using their old ways of intimidation and murder). BTW I was injured in one of their indiscriminate attacks so I happen to have a vested interest in understanding the policy and methods of christian terrorists.
The NLFT in India, good christians all.
What about the KKK and the anti abortionists in the US?
What about those dealers in misery, the eastern European human traffickers, the majority of all those caught and tried are christian?
Adolph Hitler christian
Mugabe Catholic, supported by the World Council of Churches and visitor to and blessed by the pope
The 1994 Rwandan genocide
Uganda is 85 percent Christian but the church does not condemn the mass murders and rapes of the Lord's Resistance Army.
The Croatian extermination camps, run by Catholic Ustasha under their dictator Ante Paveli, a practising Catholic and regular visitor to the then pope.
The Crusades - christian
The Inquisition - christian
The Witch-hunts – christian
Religious wars of the 15/16 and 17th century
The Peasants' War, Thomas Muentzer said "curse the unbelievers. Don't let them live any longer, the evil-doers who turn away from God. For a godless man has no right to live…” Nice eh?

The torture and killing of claimed "witches" in Africa, many of them children, is perhaps the worst killing for Christianity in the world today. There has been a recent case of this atrocity in London

Tell me do you want to mention those people and atrosoties? or are you going to deny religious faith?

#46287 Jan 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
"The 2001 film Enigma, in particular, ruffled Polish feathers. The British production starring Kate Winslet and set in Bletchley Park made little mention of the Polish contribution to cracking the codes, and rubbed salt into the wounds by depicting the only Pole in the film as a traitor."
Of course, Skanque had a royal fit when an American FICTIONAL film portrayed the captured of a German submarine based loosely on U110 (and U505) as being captured by Americans.
Liar, what fit?

I was simply advising you of the FACTS

Now you are welcome to lie all you want but it makes no difference to the fact that you are a liar

Loosely? You mean it lied to create a fiction?
Lincoln

United States

#46288 Jan 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no contemporary evidence for this just as there is no contemporary evidence for Hitler being atheist..........
Try "that line" in a World War II graduate seminar :----)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Kasich's atheist criticisms seem out of touch 11 min Reason Personified 20
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Joe Fortuna 257,121
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 20,177
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 2 hr Reason Personified 186
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Rose_NoHo 45,411
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 6 hr Eagle 12 412
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 16 hr hpcaban 9,498
More from around the web