In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Read more: Spiked 47,711

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Read more

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Sweden

#46117 Jan 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist.
Theravada Buddhist

east - west sun ...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46118 Jan 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Theravada Buddhist
east - west sun ...
a·the·ist
[ey-thee-ist]
noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46119 Jan 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Theravada Buddhist
east - west sun ...
Atheist.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#46120 Jan 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
a·the·ist
[ey-thee-ist]
noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.
No evidence.
Ergo, no reason to believe.
Ergo, no belief.

Too complicated for you?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#46121 Jan 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Theravada Buddhist
east - west sun ...
Actually, he does have a point there, on rare occasions even the resident troll gets one right. Many atheists are Buddhists, it's not uncommon, since there is no inherent belief in a deity, it's atheist.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46122 Jan 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
No evidence.
Ergo, no reason to believe.
Atheist.

I know: English isn't your strong point.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46123 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he does have a point there, on rare occasions even the resident troll gets one right.
In your case, no, you haven't gotten anything right that I am away of.

Maybe you can check with your other alias?

Except of course when you are forced to agree with the dozens of things that I have posted where I am of course absolutely right... looking the fool otherwise...

E.G.: sun in east, Sweden & UK monarchies... etc.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#46124 Jan 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist.
I know: English isn't your strong point.
Stomp away, son. That's no way to get off the ground.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#46125 Jan 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
In your case, no, you haven't gotten anything right that I am away of.
Maybe you can check with your other alias?
Except of course when you are forced to agree with the dozens of things that I have posted where I am of course absolutely right... looking the fool otherwise...
E.G.: sun in east, Sweden & UK monarchies... etc.
Yes, the Sun rises in the East.

Yes, Sweden and the UK are cosmetically monarchies.

You're the only effing halfwit who's ever said otherwise.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Sweden

#46126 Jan 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
a·the·ist
[ey-thee-ist]
noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.
Theravada Buddhist

east - west sun ...

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Sweden

#46128 Jan 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the Sun rises in the East.
Yes, Sweden and the UK are cosmetically monarchies.
You're the only effing halfwit who's ever said otherwise.
And both countries are democracies

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Sweden

#46129 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he does have a point there, on rare occasions even the resident troll gets one right. Many atheists are Buddhists, it's not uncommon, since there is no inherent belief in a deity, it's atheist.
Buddhism have a foundation and is an ideology

Atheism doesn't have a foundation and isn't an ideology

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#46130 Jan 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhism have a foundation and is an ideology
Atheism doesn't have a foundation and isn't an ideology
Atheism describes only the lack of belief in a god, it is not an ideology.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#46131 Jan 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
And both countries are democracies
Just so.

Barfy still has not recognized the difference between a constitutional monarch and an absolute monarch.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#46132 Jan 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Just so.
Barfy still has not recognized the difference between a constitutional monarch and an absolute monarch.
HI guys. Back briefly.

Yes, Barefoot is one of those two-state thinkers that are so prevalent among fundamentalists. In their view, there exist only two states...the two extremes. So in Barfy's mind there is a monarchy and there is a democracy. Never the twain to meet.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46133 Jan 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Stomp away, son. That's no way to get off the ground.
Oh Sweetie: I'm not the one who has to stomp.

I am the one who is, again, right.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#46134 Jan 11, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
HI guys. Back briefly.
Yes, Barefoot is one of those two-state thinkers that are so prevalent among fundamentalists. In their view, there exist only two states...the two extremes. So in Barfy's mind there is a monarchy and there is a democracy. Never the twain to meet.
Fallacy of the Excluded Middle.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46135 Jan 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Yes, Sweden and the UK are cosmetically monarchies.
You're the only effing halfwit who's ever said otherwise.
Monarchies.

And I am far from the only one who has said otherwise.

And to say that they are "cosmetically" monarchies would of course belie the fact that the monarch of the UK has far more power than the monarch of Sweden.

PS: I haven't moved a fraction of an inch.

That would make me right.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46136 Jan 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Theravada Buddhist
east - west sun ...
Atheist.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#46137 Jan 11, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhism have a foundation and is an ideology
a·the·ist
[ey-thee-ist]
noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

++

Do Buddhists believe in a supreme being, yes or no?

Hint: the Kingdom of Sweden

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min New Age Spiritual... 237,807
News The Consequences of Atheism 17 min thetruth 1,276
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 20 min thetruth 18,544
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 32 min thetruth 2,017
News Confessions of a black atheist 34 min thetruth 343
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 37 min thetruth 14,574
News Atheism 101: Does it take more faith to be an a... 3 hr geezerjock 1
More from around the web