In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#45870 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not change the fact that he was raised a christian.
He wasn't raised a Christian. You're lying again.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#45871 Jan 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a lie to pretend Stalin was a Christian.
A partial truth is not true at all: it's a lie.
KittenKoder is a liar

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#45872 Jan 5, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
Within seconds of their death, every single atheist will become an instant believer in Almighty God! www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
Very good write up full of truth.

It's what keeps atheists full of fear , anger and rage.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45873 Jan 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
It has not taken long for the New Atheism
I really hate thieves.

I do understand: you aren't smart enough to come up with your own opinion.

But it takes a pathetic loser to steal the words from someone else and try to pass it of as his own.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#45874 Jan 5, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't raised a Christian. You're lying again.
http://www.examiner.com/article/refuting-the-...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin#Re...

Interesting how facts seem to support my assertion and not yours.

Location hidden

#45875 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

You go to Wikipedia for "facts"

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Tell me: what is the NAME of the AUTHOR of the Wikipedia article?

You find **ONE** paragraph and the opinion of ONE PERSON and say it's 'fact".

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#45876 Jan 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
You go to Wikipedia for "facts"
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Tell me: what is the NAME of the AUTHOR of the Wikipedia article?
You find **ONE** paragraph and the opinion of ONE PERSON and say it's 'fact".
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!
What's this? Oh look, more sources that agree:

http://www.sparknotes.com/biography/stalin/se...
http://www.notablebiographies.com/Sc-St/Stali...
http://www.icr.org/article/276/319/

I know you want me, I am sorry to disappoint you though, I'm not the dumb blond type you normally date.

Location hidden

#45877 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
I know you want me, I am sorry to disappoint you though, I'm not the dumb blond type you normally date.
No, Chubby, you are just dumb.

And a bigot to characterize blondes as dumb.

Location hidden

#45878 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
"It is not certain at what point Stalin abandoned the one faith for the other, but we may easily imagine the preceding ideological progression."

Stalin the atheist... from your source..

Location hidden

#45879 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Not a word supporting your assertion.

Location hidden

#45880 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
"At a very early age, while still a pupil in the ecclesiastical school, Comrade Stalin developed a critical mind and revolutionary sentiments. He began to read Darwin and became an atheist. "

From your source...

Location hidden

#45881 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
I know you want me,
You'd have to resort to the bag the other guys insist you wear.

I'm sure you have a selection.

And get me a new car...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#45884 Jan 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"At a very early age, while still a pupil in the ecclesiastical school, Comrade Stalin developed a critical mind and revolutionary sentiments. He began to read Darwin and became an atheist. "
From your source...
I didn't say he wasn't an atheist, I said he was raised christian. You of all the trolls should have caught that one tiny difference.
YoYoMa

Alphen Aan Den Rijn, Netherlands

#45885 Jan 6, 2013
Of all Christians, The American ones must be the most arrogant. You won't scare me with your biblical passages.

This is a good topic.
Lincoln

United States

#45887 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.examiner.com/article/refuting-the-...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin#Re...
wiki is funny but no substitute for academic research

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#45888 Jan 6, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good write up full of truth.
It's what keeps atheists full of fear , anger and rage.
No proof of god, whiney creationist who's trying to sell us morals by lying about atheists.
Lincoln

United States

#45889 Jan 6, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Among many sources...
"This was the time when Churchill began to think about the need for an 'absolutely devastating exterminating attack by very heavy bombers from this country upon the Nazi homeland.' When on the night of 24 August 1940 the German air force - the Luftwaffe - accidentally and against Hitler's orders - dropped some bombs over London, the British prime minister requested a retaliatory raid on Berlin. Hitler responded by going ahead with the Blitz, and the following months and years saw tit-for-tat raids on each country's cities.
At the same time, Britain's air force began to realise that its bombers were not able to find and hit specific war targets such as airfields or armament factories. An investigation revealed that just one in five aircraft was succeeding in dropping its bombs within five miles of its target. Under such circumstances, the bombing offensive could only be effective if it was directed at targets as big as cities.
Consequently, in February 1942, Bomber Command was instructed to shift the focus onto the 'morale of the enemy civil population'. This new policy came to be called 'area bombing'.
The aiming points thereafter, for bombing raids, were no longer military or industrial installations, but a church or other significant spot in the centre of industrial towns. And since fire was found to be the most effective means of destroying a town, the bombers now carried mainly incendiary bombs.
Thus, the exigencies of war had rendered the traditional distinction between combatants and non-combatants meaningless. Nearly everybody living in an 'industrial town' was considered to contribute directly or indirectly to the German war effort, and had therefore become a supposedly legitimate target"
and
" While Germany refrained from aerial bombing of British cities after the British declaration of war on Germany in September 1939, Britain started aerial bombing of Germany, officially focusing on military and industrial targets, on the night of 15/16 May with 78 bombers against oil targets, 9 against steelworks and 9 against marshaling yards.[11] Oil remained the main British objective until the summer of 1941."
The bombing of Germany was a "second front" by the allies to tie down German forces which could have been used against the Russians.

Germany used terror bombing against Poland Sept. 1, 1939 and a policy of extermination.

Hitlers orders were often verbal and not written down. The bombing of London might have been intentional.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#45890 Jan 6, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also a good starting point for further research if you use the reference links at the bottom of the wiki article.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#45891 Jan 6, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't like that the wikipedia moderators are strict about citations, and thus remove a lot of your idiotic assertions because of that. Good to know, remind me that you have no evidence of your assertions, so I don't waste time asking.
Lincoln

United States

#45892 Jan 6, 2013
Wikipedia is an open source encyclopedia and thus not a substitute to a visit to a university library.
Wikipedia does not claim to be a source for historical documentation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Joe fortuna 233,034
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 2,590
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 2 hr QUITTNER Dec 24 2014 5
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr ChristineM 1,449
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 5 hr polymath257 159
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 7 hr _Bad Company 192
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 8 hr ratboyhunter 34
More from around the web