In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#45830 Jan 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were just calling our monarchy a monarchy, then that would be perfectly fine.
But, you are not just calling our monarchy a monarchy; you are claiming that because we are a monarchy, then we are therefore not a democracy - a totally bogus claim.
That is why your whole argument about Britain's monarchy is inherently dishonest.
<quoted text>
Definitions are meaningless when reality contradicts them. If Britain were truly a monarchy, then our monarchs would be actively involved in our political system, the people would have no say in the government, and the monarchs would be wielding their powers on a regular basis.
Reality: our monarchs do nothing.
Reality: Royal Assent has not been refused since 1707.
Reality: we have a Parliament.
Reality: the Commons, the legislative body of Parliament, are elected by the people.
Reality: we are a democracy.
Face reality, little boy.
<quoted text>
The United Kingdom is a typical western democracy with a figurehead monarch.
<quoted text>
Sweden is a typical western democracy with a figurehead monarch.
<quoted text>
Barefoot cannot admit that reality contradicts his claims.
We have just entered 2013, Barefoot, not 1613. Time to get with the times.
BAre foot just put foot in your ..
UK IS a Monarchy!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45831 Jan 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Barefoot, even your own definition you posted a few hours ago demonstrates that our monarchy is -limited-.
Ah... "our" monarchy.

Meaning *your* monarchy, the USA of course is not a monarchy.

Location hidden

#45832 Jan 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
.. our Queen does not make laws anymore.
Your monarch approves all statutes of law. Without her signature, they do not become law.

Location hidden

#45833 Jan 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Get over it, little boy.
Wipe your chin, SuperFAG.

You have American spooge running down your chin.

Location hidden

#45834 Jan 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<
Your claim that you have "refuted" Royal Assent not being given since 1707 is simply an outright lie.
Refuted.

Of course, only in a monarchy is a royal assent required.

If the monarch had no power there would be no requirement for assent.

Wipe your chin, SuperFAG, you are a frightful mess.

Location hidden

#45835 Jan 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
.. and of the powers that she does have -
AH! so the monarchy does have powers!!!

Splish splash... where's your hankie, SuperFAG.

Location hidden

#45836 Jan 5, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
... and of the powers that she does have - for instance, dissolving Parliament or giving assent to bills - she only does so when it is necessary in Parliament's case
LIAR< LIAR, pants on fire.

The monarch doesn't need to do anything, she is the monarch: the Parliament exists at her will, not the other way around.

She can shut it down after tea today if she wanted to.

By law.

splish splish splish!

Location hidden

#45837 Jan 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Atheists like to believe Hitler was a Roman Catholic.
I don't care what anyone else believed.

" I am a Catholic. I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so. " - Adolf Hitler, to General Gerhard Engel, 1941
Lincoln

United States

#45838 Jan 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what anyone else believed.
" I am a Catholic. I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so. " - Adolf Hitler, to General Gerhard Engel, 1941
So Hitler, a Nazi liar, pretends to be a Roman Catholic and you are the last one to believe.
England stopped believing Hitler after Munich.
United States stopped in 1940.
Lincoln

United States

#45839 Jan 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR< LIAR, pants on fire.
The monarch doesn't need to do anything, she is the monarch: the Parliament exists at her will, not the other way around.
She can shut it down after tea today if she wanted to.
By law.
splish splish splsh!
Parliament has not existed at Monarch's will since Charles I was beheaded by Parliament.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#45840 Jan 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
So Hitler, a Nazi liar, pretends to be a Roman Catholic and you are the last one to believe.
England stopped believing Hitler after Munich.
United States stopped in 1940.
Neither you nor anyone else can really say what Hitler's actual religious faith was and it doesn't matter. This was the argument he used to get the German people to commit their horrors against the Jews.

Gott mit uns!
Lincoln

United States

#45841 Jan 5, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither you nor anyone else can really say what Hitler's actual religious faith was and it doesn't matter. This was the argument he used to get the German people to commit their horrors against the Jews.
Gott mit uns!
"Gott mit uns" is a belt buckle.
You are quoting belt buckles ?

SS under Himler directed the mass murders
Himler an atheist

Location hidden

#45842 Jan 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
So Hitler, a Nazi liar, pretends to be a Roman Catholic
You have nothing to prove otherwise and cannot refute what I posted, and, PS: for your information, the Catholic church makes a public display of who they discommunicate so official Hitler was (and is) Catholic.

I don't have time for another sun rises in the east 'argument'.

Since: Jan 13

Holiday, FL

#45843 Jan 5, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Gott mit uns!
Even if Hitler was an atheist, his atheism did not cause him to committ his crimes against the Jewish people, and atheism did not cause him to launch unprovoked wars of agression. Hitler had an unreasoning hatred and suspicion of Jews. So did the Protestant reformer Martin Luther.(Luther also advocated the destruction of the Jews.)

And plenty of non-atheists have launched unprovoked wars of aggression. The so-called Christians who decimated native American tribes in the U.S. during the 19th century are juts one example. In 2003, President George W. Bush ordered an unprovoked attack against Iraq, and yet he loudly proclaims himself a Christian. I am an atheist myself, but I have never committed an act of aggression against anyone, nor do I have any desire to do so.

So no, a person's religious faith, or lack of such faith, is not an indicator of whether than person is moral or immoral.

Location hidden

#45844 Jan 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Parliament has not existed at Monarch's will since Charles I was beheaded by Parliament.
Sun...east...

Thanks for posting, though... the British NotBots here are insisting no one is denying (or has denied) the UK is a monarchy... even though many of them have said as much... too...

Location hidden

#45845 Jan 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
discommunicate
excommunicate... brain fart
Lincoln

United States

#45846 Jan 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing to prove otherwise and cannot refute what I posted, and, PS: for your information, the Catholic church makes a public display of who they discommunicate so official Hitler was (and is) Catholic.
I don't have time for another sun rises in the east 'argument'.
Your high school classes resume on Monday?
Try your ideas there and see if they float.
School may have a library with books on English and German History.

"I don't have time for another sun rises in the east 'argument'." = You Lost!:-)
Lincoln

United States

#45847 Jan 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sun...east...
Thanks for posting, though... the British NotBots here are insisting no one is denying (or has denied) the UK is a monarchy... even though many of them have said as much... too...
"NotBots" = You lost those arguments as well?
Lincoln

United States

#45848 Jan 5, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Hitler was an atheist, his atheism did not cause him to committ his crimes against the Jewish people, and atheism did not cause him to launch unprovoked wars of agression. Hitler had an unreasoning hatred and suspicion of Jews. So did the Protestant reformer Martin Luther.(Luther also advocated the destruction of the Jews.)
And plenty of non-atheists have launched unprovoked wars of aggression. The so-called Christians who decimated native American tribes in the U.S. during the 19th century are juts one example. In 2003, President George W. Bush ordered an unprovoked attack against Iraq, and yet he loudly proclaims himself a Christian. I am an atheist myself, but I have never committed an act of aggression against anyone, nor do I have any desire to do so.
So no, a person's religious faith, or lack of such faith, is not an indicator of whether than person is moral or immoral.
"A person's religious faith, or lack of such faith, is not an indicator of whether than person is moral or immoral."
Agree!
The 20th century was ravaged by atheist mass murders Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Eichmann, Trotsky, Ho, Himler etc.
Atheist century

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#45849 Jan 5, 2013
Within seconds of their death, every single atheist will become an instant believer in Almighty God! www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 3 min Uncle Sam 32
Our world came from nothing? 8 min Uncle Sam 1,036
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min Thinking 229,996
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 hr Chiclets 22,987
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 18 hr Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. 18 hr Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE