In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#45787 Jan 4, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not stoop to his level of name-calling and insults. That is what Barefoot is aiming for and where he gets his kicks from.
Just whack him with the facts; he cannot reply without making more claims that contradicts his old ones, and as such, he gets even more frustrated and acts even more childish. That's where I get mine from, and from where everyone should.
Don't let little Barefoot turn this into a playground.
Absolutely

It's enough for me to wind him up by posting ridiculous assertions like "slavery is legal in the USA".

Then watch him dance.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#45788 Jan 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
He began the name calling with his skanque, I am returning the compliment and he obviously does not like it, perhaps it’s a little to close to the truth. I am not one to stand idly by while some ignoramus abuses me, I feel I am entitled to retaliate. However if he deists that I will too.
You're quite entitled to retaliate.

Sadly, barefoot will never desist. He thrives on arguing with as many people as he possibly can and if that means being first with the name-calling then that's exactly what he'll do.

You're also spot on about his blatant racism towards Straa

Perhaps more people should report it - I have.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45789 Jan 4, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is typical of fundamentalists who think that if they can find any definition in a dictionary to back up their position, no matter how out of context they are when applied to real-world examples, then that definition becomes official.
It isn't out of context to call a monarchy a monarchy.

Your excuses are typical of a NotBot who finds my foot up their azzes when they say something stupid like the same definition in the English language from a dozen different sources doesn't mean what it means.

The United KING_dom is a monarchy.
The KING_dom of Sweden is a monarchy.

SuperFAG cannot admit he is wrong about anything, even when it has been stuffed up his azz.

Location hidden

#45790 Jan 4, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
For instance, since Zimbabwe holds "democratic" elections, it is therefore a democracy.
For example, the head of state of the United KING_dom is a monarch. Therefore- according to definition- Barefoot2626 is right and no matter how hard you stomp your feet: you are wrong.

Location hidden

#45791 Jan 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Any country that issues tax free status to any religion has issues
Any country that issues tax free status to religions that it determines to have more validity than any other religion has separation of church and state issues.

And of course: if it has an official state church (or a national church), then it more.

The monarchy of the United King_dom has issues.

Location hidden

#45792 Jan 4, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
<
The fact is, Barefoot, that we Brits are just a typical democratic country that you see throughout the West.
You are subjects of a monarchy whose head of state who not only controls how your country is governed is also the head of your state religion.

You have had the same head of state for 60 years, and will have no say on her replacement.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet.

Location hidden

#45793 Jan 4, 2013
SupaAFC wrote:
Prove me wrong, Barefoot.
Done long ago.

No one is going to make you admit you were wrong here.

Location hidden

#45794 Jan 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Notice that 500,000.
500,000 as estimated.

Götz Bergander: Dresden im Luftkrieg, Flechsig, Würzburg 1998, ISBN 3-88189-239-7, p. 217

Location hidden

#45795 Jan 4, 2013
Another:

Dresden Holocaust: Slaughter
Of 500,000 German Civilians
www.canadianfreespeech.com
2-16-7

Location hidden

#45796 Jan 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
I quoted allied estimated figures based on aerial photography and intelligence and official German figures based on council records.
How nice.

Let me know when you can find an estimate where no one was killed by the Allied bombing of this city that had no strategic importance whatsoever.

Location hidden

#45797 Jan 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
P.S. The US were highly involved in the Dresden bombing
The sun rises in the east and sets in the west and do let me know when you can find anything I have ever said that denies the US's part of the bombing of Dresden and other nonstrategic bombings of cities in Europe and Japan.

The US was of course heavily involved in WWII except when the English NotBots deny that the US came in and saved their bacon... at which point they insist the US played a secondary role.

And the only thing I have to disprove what they say are the facts.

Location hidden

#45798 Jan 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
you were caught out LYING again but you are too much of a chickenshit yellow bellied bullshitter
Stick to what you know, Skanque: drippydicks and generic Vagisil.
straa

London, UK

#45800 Jan 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Britain got their azzes kicked in their own country.
Americans threw them out in 1776, and threw them out again in 1812.
All of Great Britain can fit in one of our states- as a matter of fact, Packy, ELEVEN of our states are larger.
The United Kingdom is **LUCKY** to have an ally like the USA.
We saved "your" azzes out of two life or death jams.
We certainly don't need you.
You have a strange version of history, America got their assess kicked out of Canada by Britain, Britain invaded America and burned your capitol city, Britain blocaded your country, disrespected your sailors, laughed at your face and bqnkrupted your country, America got a whole lot of whoopass from Britain, that's what happens when you hopelessy attempt to invad a British colony, you made the mistake of thinking that Britain wouldn't defend Canada, you were wrong. And as for the two world wars, I think everyone knows what a minor role America played in both, Britain, Canada, Australia and France won world war one, Britain, Canada, Russia won world war two, if you want to have some victories, then go and make them for yourselves, but as we've all seen, America aren't capable, and even would have list 1776, in their own territory, if it wasn't for France and for Britain fighting in another 11 wars at the same time LOL, that's the difference between a real superpower, like Britain was, and a regional power, allready on the way out, like USA, how do you think historians in five hundred years will rate the achievments and power of Britain and America, Britain, like Rome, will forever be immortalised as the greatest nation in history, America won't even be remembered by anybody, except as a small part of the great British empire, and even you, with all your bluster, in your heart you know this is true

Location hidden

#45801 Jan 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
It is likely that the next referendum is 2016, lets see how that turns out before you make yourself look even more stupid.
I have a long way to go to fall to your levels, Skanque.

PS: The Scottish referendum is in 2014.

Location hidden

#45802 Jan 4, 2013
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a strange version of history, America got their assess kicked out of Canada by Britain
Treaty of Ghent.

Location hidden

#45804 Jan 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
This is true, wonder of wonders, even when you dick is dripping like a faulty tap
I know of no others whose so fascinated by the oozing penis.

Must have left a bad taste in your mouth, eh, Skangue?

Well, chins up...

Location hidden

#45805 Jan 4, 2013
straa wrote:
America got a whole lot of whoopass from Britain
Definition of asskicking...

Battle of New Orleans.
9000 British soldiers against 4,500 U.S. troops

Jan. 8 battle... Took half an hour.

British dead = 291 killed
British wounded = 1250+
British captured = 500
Americans = 13 killed
Americans = 58 wounded
straa

London, UK

#45807 Jan 4, 2013
Or how about numbers of deaths, many more Americans were killed than brits, even thoe America had many many more troops, you still got your assess kicked by a smaller British contingent, in your own country, how long did it take for the American army to run all the way from Canada back to USA, you are used to retreating thoe, aren't you
straa

London, UK

#45808 Jan 4, 2013
The war of 1812 was a good thing in the end, ot unified Canada, with the English, English Canadians and French Canadians and natives, it gave them a sense of identity and nationhood which they didn't previously have, they became Canada, a unique and proud country, a British parliamentary democracy, with the queen as head of state, and a valued member of the British commonwealth, they are a prosperous and liberal nation, secular, athiest, modern, democratic, national healthcare, all the british ideals, plentifull natural resources, good economy, they are very thankfull for this and for britain defending them, that is why life is much better in Canada than anerica, the people loyal to britain were right, and why Canada is great, America would be too if they had stayed loyal to Britain, it was your mistake, and now you can only look enviously at canada and dream of what could have been, America could have been liberal, free, safe and prosperous like canada, but you chose the wrong way, you made that mistake, and you tried to make Canada join you, but they knew better and are now much happier and prosperous, USA made the mistake, now you live with it

Location hidden

#45809 Jan 4, 2013
straa wrote:
Or how about numbers of deaths, many more Americans were killed than brits
I use facts based on reality, Packy, you don't.

Forgive me if I put little effort into it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Eagle 12 230,091
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 min love_spell 22,997
Our world came from nothing? 32 min Larry 1,059
Islam for peace, or violence? 3 hr JIN 51
Man center of the universe. 4 hr hpcaban 88
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 5 hr hpcaban 4
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr Pahu 1,402

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE