In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#45674 Jan 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kingdom of Sweden.
lao and north korea = democracies (your rules)

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#45675 Jan 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kingdom of Sweden.
The Constitution declares that all public power in Sweden proceeds from the people and you hate it so you try to ignore it!

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#45676 Jan 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Irish people, eh?
Yes, you have a problem with a people being identified for the country they were born in?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
All hail the state religion of England!
Cool feel free to worship all you wish, but Protestantism was not the state religion of England, the C.of E is based on the Revelation of Christ, Scripture and Tradition and was not until 1994. Considering you rely on you history for your obnoxious BS you are woefully lacking in historical understanding
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone here knows you are the one with experience with oral sex, Skanque.
You know: real life tonsil massages.
Guys aren't really that familiar with the fact they drip.
I bet if you did more of that and less insisting that you were always right, you hen-pecked husband wouldn't have run off with the other woman.
Wipe your chin, hon.
Nope drippydick, you are doing the good old christian assumption (tainted by syphilitic degradation of the brain) that miraculously becomes knowledge.
So you are not aware that you dick drips? Mnnn, ever noticed the damp putrid, reeking stains on you underpants? Could be a hint there for you.
There you go again guessing, it makes you look even more of a blithering moron
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know, Skanque. When it comes to real life tonsil massage you have had all the experience making that one eye wink.
No drippydick you assume (again)
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for establishing your overt racism, too, Skanque.
If I were or had been married that it would be especially offensive if my wife ran off with a 'blackman'.
Like most American men, satisfying American women is not so high on the list and running away isn't nearly as bad as coming back with a lawyer and taking away our stuff.
Or worse... coming back and staying.
Blackman, eh, bigot? poor form, eh?
Hey butt breath, I am not the one objecting or claiming that it would be offensive if your wife ran off with a black man. Thank you for admitting you are a selfish misogynous moron, no wonder you wife ran off.
Skanque and assumptions eh? Poor form eh?

Honey if you don’t like the results then don’t dish the crap.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our country is more powerful than your country has ever been and your country has been sliding downhill for one hundred years. The last to biggest wars we have been in we got dragged in to save your worthless bigoted hides. If the US had not been dragged into WWI to save the UK, there would not have been a WWII, there would not have been a person like Hitler.
If only it were possible to turn back the clock and when England came crying in 1916, the US could have (should have) said: EH!
Wrong, the British Empire was the LARGEST, most POWEFUL Empire EVER in HISTORY. When you can say the same for the US feel free to come back and try again

Correct, the empire has been reducing for a while

Wrong the US joined WW1 mainly because of the sinking of the Lusitania in which a number of US citizens died. The Zimmerman telegram also helped in with the evidence that the US was being plotted against. Financial, with 2.5+ billion dollars invested in the allies the US was protecting it’s investment. The withdrawal of Russia from the hostilities because of the revolution caused the US to consider the progress of democracy.

Do you really think that any of these would make any difference to Mr Hitler senior screwing his wife?

Wrong, the US eventually joined WW2 because Japan and Germany BOTH declared war on you.

#45677 Jan 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK bombed the hell out of German cities in WWII, killing 500,000 in Dresden alone.
Yes, it was war, you point is?

Actually the number of deaths is disputed between 22,000 and 135,000 (German official figures) for the Dresden bombings. Once again your knowledge of history fails you.

BTW Germany bombed the hell out of London, Coventry Liverpool, Manchester, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Ipswich and many other strategic towns and cities killing around 60,000 people.

BWT the US bombed Hiroshima and in one day killed 60,000 people
BTW the US bombed Nagasaki and in one day killed 75,000 people
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do try to follow the thread, Skanque. I am not the one crying that Britannia was ruling the waves.
I don't think you will find many Americans expecting to here thanks from the UK for saving their bacon in WWI and WWII but I think you will find you raise their ire when you (et al.) diminishing the roles we played, e.g., insisting Canada played a bigger part than did the US, which, factually, is absolutely wrong and I haven't heard you say anything to the contrary, and B) is also an insult to Canada which, like the US, really had no business in the fight that you guys started.
PS: you still owe all 'blackmen' an apology, in your effort (failing efforts) to insult me, you let your bigotry out for all to see.
Your sexual fantasies withstanding...
Funnily enough nor was I but hey don’t let a little thing like that stop you
Did I say Canada played a bigger part, I think not, I think you are confused, could be your medication for your schizophrenia or it could be you syphilis screwing with your memory. However they did come to the aid of the allies voluntarily without the coercion of two countries declaring war on them

Why do I owe black men an apology? For saying they are black? Honey, you are deranged. Only a bigoted sh|t for brains closet racist would even consider such a statement. Or are you simply protesting to much because the truth hurts so…

Which sexual fantasies are these that you think your guesses tell you so well?

#45678 Jan 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Packy: never the quote he needs, always on the ready to make one up.
And you complain without cause about me being racist you hypocritical moron

#45679 Jan 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in 1912, British liberal politicians had been committed (for decades) to granting Ireland her independence decided to have another go at granting home rule for Ireland. Of course, the protestant majority in the north did not want to live under the catholic south.
They came together to oppose the British who were about to grant autonomy and home rule to the whole of Ireland. In 1912 nearly half a million people signed the Ulster Covenant to “use all means necessary to defeat the conspiracy to introduce home rule for Ireland”. These people were armed and in January 1913 over 100,000 formed the UVF who were ready to fight the British in their attempts to impose home rule on them.
In March 1914, a British army based in Dublin was ordered to move north to Ulster resulting in what was pretty much an outright mutiny with a brigadier and scores of officers resigning (read about the Curragh Incident). The British sent a battle fleet to the Ulster coast with Churchill saying that they would fight to win any rebellion or civil war.
We’ll never know what would have happened next as the rebellion in the north was stopped dead in its tracks by the Great War.
The UVF reorganised into 36 Ulster divisions and they went off to die in their thousands in the fields of France. Their actions were so heroic and the scale of their casualties so horrific that the idea of betraying these people by imposing a united Ireland was out of the question.
Brilliantly and concisely put

In the 1973 referendum the public were asked

1. Do you want Northern Ireland to remain part of the United Kingdom?
or
2. Do you want Northern Ireland to be joined with the Republic of Ireland outside the United Kingdom?

the result was 98.9% in favour of option 1

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45680 Jan 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<
They came together to oppose the British
Summer reruns.

Location hidden

#45681 Jan 3, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
lao and north korea = democracies (your rules)
NotBot rules = when he doesn't give you the quote ya need, make one up.

Location hidden

#45682 Jan 3, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution declares that all public power in Sweden proceeds from the people and you hate it so you try to ignore it!
The Constitution of Sweden doesn't control the English language.

(QUOTE)
mon·ar·chy
[mon-er-kee] noun, plural mon·ar·chies.
1. a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually or nominally lodged in a monarch. Compare absolute monarchy, limited monarchy.
2. supreme power or sovereignty held by a single person.

Synonyms
1. See kingdom.

Location hidden

#45683 Jan 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<
Cool feel free to worship all you wish, but Protestantism was not the state religion of England,
NotBot rules = if he doesn't give you the quote ya need, make one up.

Location hidden

#45684 Jan 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
So you are not aware that you dick drips?
Oh Sweetie, I am sure you can taste every drop.

I don't know why it fascinates you so, TTTT.

Location hidden

#45685 Jan 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Mnnn, ever noticed the damp putrid, reeking stains on you underpants?
Which makes me wonder all the more why you would put such things in your mouth.

I don't wonder long, mind you, but I am sure the various men that float through your bedroom flat appreciate it.

Location hidden

#45686 Jan 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<
Nope drippydick,
Scuse me while I jump ahead, I do not share your fascination with penises...

Location hidden

#45687 Jan 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Wrong, the British Empire was the LARGEST, most POWEFUL Empire EVER in HISTORY.
Nope.

Perhaps the most evil but not the largest.

Location hidden

#45688 Jan 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Wrong the US joined WW1 mainly because of the sinking of the Lusitania in which a number of US citizens died.
The US joined WWI because the UK begged us to join & as in WWII, we were not neutral in the first place. The UK saturated the US with propaganda

And of course the UK was smuggling in arms in the Lusitania (in violation of international law) which blew to smithereens when the ammo it was carry set off.

The bottom line is: the US did join and the US broke the stalemate in Europe and the US and a force of 4 million changed the outcome of the war.

Which, in the end, was rather unfortunate.
straa

London, UK

#45689 Jan 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was war, you point is?
Actually the number of deaths is disputed between 22,000 and 135,000 (German official figures) for the Dresden bombings. Once again your knowledge of history fails you.
BTW Germany bombed the hell out of London, Coventry Liverpool, Manchester, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Ipswich and many other strategic towns and cities killing around 60,000 people.
BWT the US bombed Hiroshima and in one day killed 60,000 people
BTW the US bombed Nagasaki and in one day killed 75,000 people
<quoted text>
Funnily enough nor was I but hey don’t let a little thing like that stop you
Did I say Canada played a bigger part, I think not, I think you are confused, could be your medication for your schizophrenia or it could be you syphilis screwing with your memory. However they did come to the aid of the allies voluntarily without the coercion of two countries declaring war on them
Why do I owe black men an apology? For saying they are black? Honey, you are deranged. Only a bigoted sh|t for brains closet racist would even consider such a statement. Or are you simply protesting to much because the truth hurts so…
Which sexual fantasies are these that you think your guesses tell you so well?
In world war one Canada played a much bigger role and were a more important contributor than USA, Canada were in the war from the very begining, USA only for the last year, Canada made huge land gains and killed far more Germans, USA made virtually no land gains at all and killed very few Germans
straa

London, UK

#45690 Jan 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Perhaps the most evil but not the largest.
The British empire was the largest empire in human history, covering a third of the planet, including USA and Canada

#45691 Jan 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
NotBot rules = if he doesn't give you the quote ya need, make one up.
What are you making up now then.

Facts is facts no matter how much cherry picking you do and how they screw you crazy ideas

Location hidden

#45692 Jan 3, 2013
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
In world war one Canada played a much bigger role
US = 4,300,000-4,700,000 troops
Canada = 600,0000

Poor Packy.

Location hidden

#45693 Jan 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<
Facts is facts
You mean like the fact that the UK would not have won either world war were it not for the USA?

Or the fact that the UK has been in a downhill spiral since the Boer Wars?

Or the fact that the United Kingdom is still a monarchy?

Or the fact that the Queen appoints the PMs?

Or the fact that the UK requires collective Christian worship?

Or the subjects of the UK pay taxes for state church projects and religious broadcasting?

Facts that you and yours continue to deny?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min KiMare 232,863
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 41 min woodtick57 2,403
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 6 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 6 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 6 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 13 hr Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web