In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#45648 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one bruised and beaten here is you, Septic: your boyfriend got a little enthusiastic with your adventure in the bubble bath and you slipped and you ended up banging your head on the bath tub spigot.
I'm sure the bed rest will do you good... as long as you put him down on the couch.
Two words: Constitutional Monarchy.

Now f*ck off thanks.

Location hidden

#45649 Jan 2, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I love reading the excuses and delusions you keep trying to pacify yourself with.
Tell me another one , please....tell me another.
Says the idiot creationist & immoral liar with no proof of god whatsoever.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45651 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Two words: Constitutional Monarchy.
Now f*ck off thanks.
Did you know in the English language when you put one word in front of the other, the first word describes the second?

Do put your fist up your colon, dead, you are dripping on the rug.

Location hidden

#45652 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the idiot creationist & immoral liar with no proof of god whatsoever.
So says the Notbot,~stomp stomp stomp~ there is no God~~stomp stomp stomp~ because I say so!

Location hidden

#45653 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know in the English language when you put one word in front of the other, the first word describes the second?
Do put your fist up your colon, dead, you are dripping on the rug.
I'm sorry, did you say anything of value, thought not. A constitutional monarchy is not a monarchy. It has a different definition.

Yes, barefoot, you gloriously lost that argument.

Now accept it gracefully.

Location hidden

#45654 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the Notbot,~stomp stomp stomp~ there is no God~~stomp stomp stomp~ because I say so!
Says the idiot with no proof of god.

I bet your next post had no proof of god either.

Its funny how you theists wave about having "no proof" as some kind of badge of honour.

I guess that's why its a mental illness after all.

Location hidden

#45655 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, did you say anything of value
Pearls before swine, Piggy.

Location hidden

#45657 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
I guess that's why its a mental illness after all.
You don't know what you are talking about.

Your personal experiences with your demons withstanding.

Location hidden

#45658 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
A constitutional monarchy is not a monarchy.
Best of luck with those English language lessons.

(quote)

constitutional monarchy
noun
limited monarchy.
Origin:
1795–1805

Also called: limited monarchy a monarchy governed according to a constitution that limits and defines the powers of the sovereign...

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#45661 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Contemporary constitutional monarchies include: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas ---Sweden---,and Northern Ireland.
source: http://www.answers.com/topic/constitutional-m...
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea) is a democratic republic if we are fallowing your rules

so is

People's Democratic Republic of Lao
rider

Marquette, MI

#45663 Jan 2, 2013
www.cuttingedge.org/News/n1818.cfmCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
La Haye also formed the Council For National Policy (CNP) in 1981. There are " definite ties between this 'Christian' organization and the Rev. Moon's openly

Location hidden

#45664 Jan 2, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea) is a democratic republic
So you are saying the Kingdom of Sweden is lying when they say they are the Kingdom of Sweden?

Putting aside of course they have a king and they are a monarchy?
rider

Marquette, MI

#45665 Jan 2, 2013
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Jones_ (pastor)Cached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Terry Jones (born October 1951) is the pastor of Dove World Outreach Center, a small nondenominational Christian church in Gainesville, Florida. He first

Location hidden

#45666 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying the Kingdom of Sweden is lying when they say they are the Kingdom of Sweden?
Moving the goalposts - a common tactic of the creationist troll argument loser.

Location hidden

#45668 Jan 2, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving the goalposts - a common tactic of the creationist troll argument loser.
Explains why you are so good at it, Septic.

Practice.

Here's what the USA thinks:

Government
Type: Constitutional monarchy.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2880.htm

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#45669 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution declares that all public power in Sweden proceeds from the people

Location hidden

#45670 Jan 2, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution declares
The Kingdom of Sweden.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#45671 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Contemporary constitutional monarchies include: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas ---Sweden---,and Northern Ireland.
source: http://www.answers.com/topic/constitutional-m...
No. The UK is the constitutional monarchy. Northern Ireland is just occupied territory.

Location hidden

#45672 Jan 2, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The UK is the constitutional monarchy.
Uhhh- you fight your own battles.

If Northern Ireland doesn't like being occupied, then let them join Ireland or declare their own independence, like Scotland and Cornwall.

The united KING_dom is a monarchy. Who they will be united with in ten years is anyone's guess but for sure the spineless humps will still have a king.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#45673 Jan 2, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The UK is the constitutional monarchy. Northern Ireland is just occupied territory.
Back in 1912, British liberal politicians had been committed (for decades) to granting Ireland her independence decided to have another go at granting home rule for Ireland. Of course, the protestant majority in the north did not want to live under the catholic south.

They came together to oppose the British who were about to grant autonomy and home rule to the whole of Ireland. In 1912 nearly half a million people signed the Ulster Covenant to “use all means necessary to defeat the conspiracy to introduce home rule for Ireland”. These people were armed and in January 1913 over 100,000 formed the UVF who were ready to fight the British in their attempts to impose home rule on them.

In March 1914, a British army based in Dublin was ordered to move north to Ulster resulting in what was pretty much an outright mutiny with a brigadier and scores of officers resigning (read about the Curragh Incident). The British sent a battle fleet to the Ulster coast with Churchill saying that they would fight to win any rebellion or civil war.

We’ll never know what would have happened next as the rebellion in the north was stopped dead in its tracks by the Great War.

The UVF reorganised into 36 Ulster divisions and they went off to die in their thousands in the fields of France. Their actions were so heroic and the scale of their casualties so horrific that the idea of betraying these people by imposing a united Ireland was out of the question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 min woodtick57 2,272
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 39 min _Bad Company 120
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 45 min _Bad Company 23,179
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe fortuna 232,766
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 4 hr Thinking 28
God' existence 4 hr Thinking 57
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr thetruth 1,442
More from around the web