In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#45595 Dec 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... funny how you have to break up one sentence into two parts to try to explain something you obviously have wrong.
Try again:
" Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."
What this means, Kowkow, in English (not your strong point) is there are TWO conditions being addresses,(one) slavery and (two) involuntary servitude.
I'd suggest you get help from the forum but it seems the majority don't know what "monarchy" means either, even after the definition has be posted many dozens of times.
ROFLMAO!

You are so easy to wind up.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45596 Dec 30, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!
You are so easy to wind up.
You are projecting yet again.

I do understand: I crammed it up your azz yet again and it is the only thing ya got.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#45603 Dec 31, 2012
Just Results wrote:
If I worked for the FBI, the first place I would start looking for our next public killer is on atheist forums. Atheists are our homeland terrorists and these forums spawn and breed killers.
PLEASE! Notify your local FBI agencies of this matter. I did.
You're a disgusting person with no morals.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#45604 Dec 31, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
king·dom
noun
Definition of KINGDOM
: a politically organized community or major territorial unit having a monarchical form of government headed by a king or queen
Sweden is a parliamentary democracy

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#45605 Dec 31, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Barefoot, not doing very will is he? First he failed at Constitutional Monarchy, and now this...

crumble crumble crumble...

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45606 Dec 31, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Barefoot, not doing very will is he? First he failed at Constitutional Monarchy, and now this...
crumble crumble crumble...
he thinks that a website that isn't a official swedish state website is more right

Location hidden

#45607 Dec 31, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a disgusting person with no morals.
Better no morals then immoral, Septic.

Location hidden

#45608 Dec 31, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
monarchy
— n, pl -chies

1. a form of government in which supreme authority is vested in a single and usually hereditary figure, such as a king, and whose powers can vary from those of an absolute despot to those of a figurehead .

The official name of Sweden is: the Kingdom of Sweden.

Here is a definition of kingdom:

king·dom (kngdm)
n.
1. A political or territorial unit ruled by a sovereign.

Location hidden

#45609 Dec 31, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
he thinks that a website that isn't a official swedish state website is more right
he thinks every other website and every english dictionary must be wrong.

he doesn't like to be remind that the official name of the swedish state is:
Kingdom of Sweden

he keeps forgetting I've already quoted this:

"The Swedish monarchy

Sweden is a constitutional monarchy. The Swedish head of state since 1973, King Carl XVI Gustaf, exercises no political power and does not participate in political life. He is the representative of the country as a whole, and in that capacity performs mainly ceremonial duties and functions. Among his duties the monarch chairs meetings of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs. The king is supported in his duties by Queen Silvia and their three children, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine. Queen Silvia was born in Germany to the German-Brazilian Sommerlath family. "

he doesn't like to be reminded it comes from:
http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Society/Monarch...

Location hidden

#45610 Dec 31, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Barefoot, not doing very will is he?
Barefoot is doing very "will", Septic.

He remains to be right...

Nottingham, UK

#45611 Dec 31, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are projecting yet again.
I do understand: I crammed it up your azz yet again and it is the only thing ya got.
LOL!

You really think that I believed slavery was legal in the US?

ROFLMAO!!

I was yanking your chain - you make it so easy, dancing boy.
dude

Summersville, WV

#45612 Dec 31, 2012
The gays need to go in there with them

Location hidden

#45613 Dec 31, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Easy, KowKow, the vein in your forehead is starting to throb!

Don't take things so personally, Chubby, you don't want a reaction from those statins!

Location hidden

#45614 Dec 31, 2012
Khatru wrote:
You really think that I believed slavery was legal in the US?
I am responsible for what I say, Kowkow.

You are responsible for what you say until someone proves you wrong at which point you are never serious, then you are kidding.

Funny how that is...

Nottingham, UK

#45615 Dec 31, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am responsible for what I say, Kowkow.
You are responsible for what you say until someone proves you wrong at which point you are never serious, then you are kidding.
Funny how that is...
Absolutely

You are indeed responsible for what you say.

Like the time you said that a measure of your nation's secularism is what happens out there on the ground.

I am also responsible for what I say and I accept full responsibility for winding you up.

Location hidden

#45616 Dec 31, 2012
Khatru wrote:
I am also responsible for what I say and I accept full responsibility for winding you up.
Take a deep breath, KowKow... let it out... slowly... we can all see you're upset...

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45617 Dec 31, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
monarchy
— n, pl -chies
1. a form of government in which supreme authority is vested in a single and usually hereditary figure, such as a king, and whose powers can vary from those of an absolute despot to those of a figurehead .
The official name of Sweden is: the Kingdom of Sweden.
Here is a definition of kingdom:
king·dom (kngdm)
n.
1. A political or territorial unit ruled by a sovereign.
Sweden is a parliamentary democracy, which means that all public power proceeds from the people. At the national level, the people are represented by the Riksdag (Swedish parliament) which has legislative power. The Government implements the Riksdag's decisions and draws up proposals for new laws or law amendments.

http://www.government.se/sb/d/2853 <-- official state website

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45618 Dec 31, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
he thinks every other website and every english dictionary must be wrong.
he doesn't like to be remind that the official name of the swedish state is:
Kingdom of Sweden
he keeps forgetting I've already quoted this:
"The Swedish monarchy
Sweden is a constitutional monarchy. The Swedish head of state since 1973, King Carl XVI Gustaf, exercises no political power and does not participate in political life. He is the representative of the country as a whole, and in that capacity performs mainly ceremonial duties and functions. Among his duties the monarch chairs meetings of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs. The king is supported in his duties by Queen Silvia and their three children, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine. Queen Silvia was born in Germany to the German-Brazilian Sommerlath family. "
he doesn't like to be reminded it comes from:
http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Society/Monarch...
Sweden is a parliamentary democracy, which means that all public power proceeds from the people. At the national level, the people are represented by the Riksdag (Swedish parliament) which has legislative power. The Government implements the Riksdag's decisions and draws up proposals for new laws or law amendments.

http://www.government.se/sb/d/2853 <-- official state website

Location hidden

#45621 Dec 31, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
The Swedish monarchy

Sweden is a constitutional monarchy. The Swedish head of state since 1973, King Carl XVI Gustaf, exercises no political power and does not participate in political life. He is the representative of the country as a whole, and in that capacity performs mainly ceremonial duties and functions. Among his duties the monarch chairs meetings of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs. The king is supported in his duties by Queen Silvia and their three children, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine. Queen Silvia was born in Germany to the German-Brazilian Sommerlath family.

Sweden has been a hereditary kingdom since 1544 in the days of Gustav Vasa and the current successor to the throne is Crown Princess Victoria. In 1980, three years after her birth, the Act of Succession became gender-neutral to allow the throne to be passed to the first-born child, male or female.

http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Society/Monarch... <== official gateway to Sweden website

Do stop spamming the forum, meatball.

Location hidden

#45622 Dec 31, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Kingdom of Sweden <== Official name of Sweden

(Meatball doesn't like to be reminded)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 23 min MUQ1 22,225
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Reason Personified 466
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Anon 227,560
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 4 hr Patrick 762
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 5 hr Patrick 4,094
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 6 hr woodtick57 100
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 7 hr Thinking 77
Stump a theist with 2 questions 11 hr TheHeadlines 58
•••

Atheism People Search