In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 2,196)

Showing posts 43,901 - 43,920 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
the USA score 8.11 on the scale.
PS: Maybe you should read the first line after your list:

"There is no consensus on how to measure democracy, definitions of democracy are contested and there is an ongoing lively debate on the subject".

Shall I post the definition for "moot" for you, Booby?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: I could start a political party tomorrow if I were so inclined. I could do it today if I were not throwing mud on the ceiling and finishing the trim. The USA has never had a dictator- outside of the rhetoric tossed by party fanatics. the USA- and this is a key difference between USA and Sweden- does not have and has never ever had a king.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. If you are uncomfortable with this FACT, you have to change your government.
Don't try to change the English language.
USA isn't a democracy you do not vote for the president!

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Country name:
~ conventional long form: Kingdom of Sweden
Government type: constitutional monarchy
http://www.allcountries.eu/sweden.htm
democracy

http://www.government.se/sb/d/2853

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind of government we have in the USA is immaterial.
I understand: it is in the natural of the NotBot to move the goalposts when cornered.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. It comes with being a monarchy and Sweden identifies ITSELF as a monarchy.
No matter how hard you stomp your feet.
Country name:
~ conventional long form: Kingdom of Sweden
http://www.allcountries.eu/sweden.htm
Democracy

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: I could start a political party tomorrow if I were so inclined. I could do it today if I were not throwing mud on the ceiling and finishing the trim. The USA has never had a dictator- outside of the rhetoric tossed by party fanatics. the USA- and this is a key difference between USA and Sweden- does not have and has never ever had a king.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. If you are uncomfortable with this FACT, you have to change your government.
Don't try to change the English language.
Sweden is a parliamentary democracy, which means that all public power proceeds from the people. At the national level, the people are represented by the Riksdag (Swedish parliament) which has legislative power. The Government implements the Riksdag's decisions and draws up proposals for new laws or law amendments.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
We can start with the recognition of the FACT that the KINGDOM of Sweden is- and here is the part you can't seem to get- is a monarchy, not a democracy.
Sweden is a parliamentary democracy, which means that all public power proceeds from the people. At the national level, the people are represented by the Riksdag (Swedish parliament) which has legislative power. The Government implements the Riksdag's decisions and draws up proposals for new laws or law amendments.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is another difference between the US and Sweden.
Their system of government is more democratic than ours.
in his deranged world only usa is a democracy and everybody else are autocracies

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

"General elections are held every four years. Some 7 million people in the country are entitled to vote and given the chance to influence which political party will represent them in the Riksdag (the Swedish Parliament), county councils and municipalities. People can also influence Swedish politics in other ways—taking part in referendums, joining a political party or commenting on reports presented by the Government"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
USA isn't a democracy you do not vote for the president!
I do vote and just did vote for president.

And have voted for many presidential candidates many times...

Anything else, my dear?

PS: the USA is a REPUBLIC. I have stated this many times.

Putting aside: the USA could be a dictatorship and it has NO BEARING on the FACT that Sweden (the KINGDOM of Sweden) is a monarchy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweden is a parliamentary democracy,
Government Type: Constitutional monarchy.
source: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2880.htm

+

source: http://www.indexmundi.com/sweden/government_t ...

Today, Sweden is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary democracy form of government and a highly developed economy.
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
democracy
~stomp stomp stomp~

State democracies do not have kings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Mikko wrote:
"General elections are held every four years.
Kingdom of Sweden.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
in his deranged world only usa is a democracy and everybody else are autocracies
Funny how you can never quote me and just like a NotBot: insist on creating things I have not said.

Wipe your chin.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought much the same until I realized the error and propaganda that is causing America to become less ans less a democracy and more and more a elitist's republic , it sure appears this country is doing some things that are not the will of majority
but the will of big corps and banks.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~stomp stomp stomp~
State democracies do not have kings.
so you are still stomping

Yes they can

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kingdom of Sweden.
Elections every 4th year!

http://www.government.se/sb/d/2853 <-- official state website

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you can never quote me and just like a NotBot: insist on creating things I have not said.
Wipe your chin.
either we are a democracy or we are a somekind of dictatorship

proud to not be a bot like you!

fact sweden is a democracy not a country ruled by a king

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I thought much the same until I realized the error and propaganda that is causing America to become less ans less a democracy and more and more a elitist's republic , it sure appears this country is doing some things that are not the will of majority
but the will of big corps and banks.
usa is going to be a police state in a few dacades

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person hiding from anything is you, Barefoot. That is because you do not have the intelligence, integrity nor maturity to debate beyond simple yes-or-no loaded questions that you use as a safety blanket.
We all know Britain has a monarchy.
We all know Britain's monarchy has powers.
We all know that Britain is also called the "United Kingdom".
We also know that Britain has a Parliament.
We also know that the Commons, the legislative body of Parliament, are democratically elected.
We also know that Parliament makes laws that is given Royal Assent.
We also know that Royal Assent has not been refused in over 300 years (three hundred).
We also know that the Queen attended her first, and only, Cabinet meeting this month for her Jubilee celebrations.
---
Do you see why your "yes or no" question is meaningless, Barefoot? All the above statements are individual pieces of a jigsaw puzzle set that, when all taken together, demonstrates that our monarchy is nothing but a figurehead while all the decisions are made by democratically-elected MPs.
We are a monarchy in name and ceremony only. In reality, we are a typical western democratic country.
Time to get a new safety blanket, Linus, because once again you have simply been outclassed with basic, basic logic.
We also know that the 13th Amendment to the Constitution that barefoot keeps referring to has ensured that slavery is still legal in the USA.

AMENDMENT XIII

SECTION 1.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

SECTION 2.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amend...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
either we are a democracy or we are a somekind of dictatorship
Logical fallacy.

Circular argument, darling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 43,901 - 43,920 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••