In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
43,881 - 43,900 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#45508 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the name of your country, then?
PS: Voting proves /disproves nothing.
democracies have a voting system and freedom to start political parties and people get to vote for what they want without a dictator telling them who to vote for and sweden is a democracy

PS: so usa isn't a democracy voting proves/disproves nothing!

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45509 Dec 29, 2012
Just Results wrote:
If I worked for the FBI, the first place I would start looking for our next public killer is on atheist forums. Atheists are our homeland terrorists and these forums spawn and breed killers.
PLEASE! Notify your local FBI agencies of this matter. I did.
all terrorists ware god believers and did it in their gods name!

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#45510 Dec 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you are when you get proved wrong about sweden again and again ...
Don’t you know you are conversing with the god of all knowledge? No matter what you say, think, or any facts will not dissuade this pathological OCD inbreed reprobate.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45512 Dec 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you are when you get proved wrong about sweden again and again ...
Country name:
~ conventional long form: Kingdom of Sweden
Government type: constitutional monarchy
http://www.allcountries.eu/sweden.htm

Location hidden

#45513 Dec 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
The kind of government we have in the USA is immaterial.

I understand: it is in the natural of the NotBot to move the goalposts when cornered.

The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. It comes with being a monarchy and Sweden identifies ITSELF as a monarchy.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet.

Country name:

Location hidden

#45515 Dec 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
democracies have a voting system and freedom to start political parties and people get to vote for what they want without a dictator telling them who to vote for and sweden is a democracy
PS: I could start a political party tomorrow if I were so inclined. I could do it today if I were not throwing mud on the ceiling and finishing the trim. The USA has never had a dictator- outside of the rhetoric tossed by party fanatics. the USA- and this is a key difference between USA and Sweden- does not have and has never ever had a king.

The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. If you are uncomfortable with this FACT, you have to change your government.

Don't try to change the English language.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#45516 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: I could start a political party tomorrow if I were so inclined. I could do it today if I were not throwing mud on the ceiling and finishing the trim. The USA has never had a dictator- outside of the rhetoric tossed by party fanatics. the USA- and this is a key difference between USA and Sweden- does not have and has never ever had a king.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. If you are uncomfortable with this FACT, you have to change your government.

There is another difference between the US and Sweden.
Their system of government is more democratic than ours.

Location hidden

#45517 Dec 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.

We can start with the recognition of the FACT that the KINGDOM of Sweden is- and here is the part you can't seem to get- is a monarchy, not a democracy.

Location hidden

#45518 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
We can start with the recognition of the FACT that the KINGDOM of Sweden is- and here is the part you can't seem to get- is a monarchy, not a democracy.
We aren't even in the top ten.

http://www.economist.com/node/8908438

the USA score 8.11 on the scale.

Location hidden

#45519 Dec 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
We aren't even in the top ten.
Bigfoot Website.

http://www.bfro.net/

You can find anything you want on the internet if you put it in your mind to find what you want to find.

Is the United KING_dom a monarchy, yes or no?

Location hidden

#45520 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.

What you are discrediting and not accounting is that most Monarchies that still exist do so in facade only and have constitutions that replaced any previous arraignments as well as elections to positions of government.

Location hidden

#45521 Dec 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
the USA score 8.11 on the scale.
PS: Maybe you should read the first line after your list:

"There is no consensus on how to measure democracy, definitions of democracy are contested and there is an ongoing lively debate on the subject".

Shall I post the definition for "moot" for you, Booby?

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45522 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
USA isn't a democracy you do not vote for the president!

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45523 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Country name:
democracy

http://www.government.se/sb/d/2853

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45524 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind of government we have in the USA is immaterial.
I understand: it is in the natural of the NotBot to move the goalposts when cornered.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. It comes with being a monarchy and Sweden identifies ITSELF as a monarchy.
No matter how hard you stomp your feet.
Country name:
Democracy

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45525 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweden is a parliamentary democracy, which means that all public power proceeds from the people. At the national level, the people are represented by the Riksdag (Swedish parliament) which has legislative power. The Government implements the Riksdag's decisions and draws up proposals for new laws or law amendments.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45526 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
Sweden is a parliamentary democracy, which means that all public power proceeds from the people. At the national level, the people are represented by the Riksdag (Swedish parliament) which has legislative power. The Government implements the Riksdag's decisions and draws up proposals for new laws or law amendments.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45527 Dec 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
in his deranged world only usa is a democracy and everybody else are autocracies

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#45528 Dec 29, 2012
"General elections are held every four years. Some 7 million people in the country are entitled to vote and given the chance to influence which political party will represent them in the Riksdag (the Swedish Parliament), county councils and municipalities. People can also influence Swedish politics in other ways—taking part in referendums, joining a political party or commenting on reports presented by the Government"

Location hidden

#45529 Dec 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
USA isn't a democracy you do not vote for the president!
I do vote and just did vote for president.

And have voted for many presidential candidates many times...

Anything else, my dear?

PS: the USA is a REPUBLIC. I have stated this many times.

Putting aside: the USA could be a dictatorship and it has NO BEARING on the FACT that Sweden (the KINGDOM of Sweden) is a monarchy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Patrick 226,341
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Patrick 21,502
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Jaimie 46
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 7 hr Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 8 hr Patrick 172
100% Faith Free 11 hr Thinking 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••