In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51425 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45506 Dec 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweden is a democracy we have general elections every 4th year
Sweden is a democracy we have general elections every 4th year
Sweden is a democracy we have general elections every 4th year
Sweden is a democracy we have general elections every 4th year
Sweden is a democracy we have general elections every 4th year
Sweden is a democracy we have general elections every 4th year
Sweden is a democracy we have general elections every 4th year
Sweden is a democracy we have general elections every 4th year
~stomp stomp stomp~

~stomp stomp stomp~

~stomp stomp stomp~

~stomp stomp stomp~

~stomp stomp stomp~

~stomp stomp stomp~

~stomp stomp stomp~

~stomp stomp stomp~

~stomp stomp stomp~

~stomp stomp stomp~

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#45507 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~stomp stomp stomp~
~stomp stomp stomp~
~stomp stomp stomp~
~stomp stomp stomp~
~stomp stomp stomp~
~stomp stomp stomp~
~stomp stomp stomp~
~stomp stomp stomp~
~stomp stomp stomp~
~stomp stomp stomp~
yes you are when you get proved wrong about sweden again and again ...

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#45508 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the name of your country, then?
PS: Voting proves /disproves nothing.
democracies have a voting system and freedom to start political parties and people get to vote for what they want without a dictator telling them who to vote for and sweden is a democracy

PS: so usa isn't a democracy voting proves/disproves nothing!

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#45509 Dec 29, 2012
Just Results wrote:
If I worked for the FBI, the first place I would start looking for our next public killer is on atheist forums. Atheists are our homeland terrorists and these forums spawn and breed killers.
PLEASE! Notify your local FBI agencies of this matter. I did.
all terrorists ware god believers and did it in their gods name!

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#45510 Dec 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you are when you get proved wrong about sweden again and again ...
Don’t you know you are conversing with the god of all knowledge? No matter what you say, think, or any facts will not dissuade this pathological OCD inbreed reprobate.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45512 Dec 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you are when you get proved wrong about sweden again and again ...
Country name:
~ conventional long form: Kingdom of Sweden
...
Government type: constitutional monarchy
...
http://www.allcountries.eu/sweden.htm

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45513 Dec 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
PS: so usa isn't a democracy voting proves/disproves nothing!
The kind of government we have in the USA is immaterial.

I understand: it is in the natural of the NotBot to move the goalposts when cornered.

The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. It comes with being a monarchy and Sweden identifies ITSELF as a monarchy.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet.

Country name:
~ conventional long form: Kingdom of Sweden
...
Government type: constitutional monarchy
...
http://www.allcountries.eu/sweden.htm

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45515 Dec 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
democracies have a voting system and freedom to start political parties and people get to vote for what they want without a dictator telling them who to vote for and sweden is a democracy
PS: so usa isn't a democracy voting proves/disproves nothing!
PS: I could start a political party tomorrow if I were so inclined. I could do it today if I were not throwing mud on the ceiling and finishing the trim. The USA has never had a dictator- outside of the rhetoric tossed by party fanatics. the USA- and this is a key difference between USA and Sweden- does not have and has never ever had a king.

The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. If you are uncomfortable with this FACT, you have to change your government.

Don't try to change the English language.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#45516 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: I could start a political party tomorrow if I were so inclined. I could do it today if I were not throwing mud on the ceiling and finishing the trim. The USA has never had a dictator- outside of the rhetoric tossed by party fanatics. the USA- and this is a key difference between USA and Sweden- does not have and has never ever had a king.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. If you are uncomfortable with this FACT, you have to change your government.
Don't try to change the English language.

There is another difference between the US and Sweden.
Their system of government is more democratic than ours.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45517 Dec 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is another difference between the US and Sweden.
Their system of government is more democratic than ours.
It isn't.

We can start with the recognition of the FACT that the KINGDOM of Sweden is- and here is the part you can't seem to get- is a monarchy, not a democracy.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#45518 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
We can start with the recognition of the FACT that the KINGDOM of Sweden is- and here is the part you can't seem to get- is a monarchy, not a democracy.
We aren't even in the top ten.

http://www.economist.com/node/8908438

the USA score 8.11 on the scale.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45519 Dec 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
We aren't even in the top ten.
Bigfoot Website.

http://www.bfro.net/

You can find anything you want on the internet if you put it in your mind to find what you want to find.

Is the United KING_dom a monarchy, yes or no?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#45520 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
We can start with the recognition of the FACT that the KINGDOM of Sweden is- and here is the part you can't seem to get- is a monarchy, not a democracy.

What you are discrediting and not accounting is that most Monarchies that still exist do so in facade only and have constitutions that replaced any previous arraignments as well as elections to positions of government.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45521 Dec 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
the USA score 8.11 on the scale.
PS: Maybe you should read the first line after your list:

"There is no consensus on how to measure democracy, definitions of democracy are contested and there is an ongoing lively debate on the subject".

Shall I post the definition for "moot" for you, Booby?

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#45522 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: I could start a political party tomorrow if I were so inclined. I could do it today if I were not throwing mud on the ceiling and finishing the trim. The USA has never had a dictator- outside of the rhetoric tossed by party fanatics. the USA- and this is a key difference between USA and Sweden- does not have and has never ever had a king.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. If you are uncomfortable with this FACT, you have to change your government.
Don't try to change the English language.
USA isn't a democracy you do not vote for the president!

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#45523 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Country name:
~ conventional long form: Kingdom of Sweden
...
Government type: constitutional monarchy
...
http://www.allcountries.eu/sweden.htm
democracy

http://www.government.se/sb/d/2853

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#45524 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind of government we have in the USA is immaterial.
I understand: it is in the natural of the NotBot to move the goalposts when cornered.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. It comes with being a monarchy and Sweden identifies ITSELF as a monarchy.
No matter how hard you stomp your feet.
Country name:
~ conventional long form: Kingdom of Sweden
...
Government type: constitutional monarchy
...
http://www.allcountries.eu/sweden.htm
Democracy

http://www.government.se/sb/d/2853

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#45525 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: I could start a political party tomorrow if I were so inclined. I could do it today if I were not throwing mud on the ceiling and finishing the trim. The USA has never had a dictator- outside of the rhetoric tossed by party fanatics. the USA- and this is a key difference between USA and Sweden- does not have and has never ever had a king.
The Kingdom of Sweden is a monarchy. If you are uncomfortable with this FACT, you have to change your government.
Don't try to change the English language.
Sweden is a parliamentary democracy, which means that all public power proceeds from the people. At the national level, the people are represented by the Riksdag (Swedish parliament) which has legislative power. The Government implements the Riksdag's decisions and draws up proposals for new laws or law amendments.

http://www.government.se/sb/d/2853

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#45526 Dec 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
We can start with the recognition of the FACT that the KINGDOM of Sweden is- and here is the part you can't seem to get- is a monarchy, not a democracy.
Sweden is a parliamentary democracy, which means that all public power proceeds from the people. At the national level, the people are represented by the Riksdag (Swedish parliament) which has legislative power. The Government implements the Riksdag's decisions and draws up proposals for new laws or law amendments.

http://www.government.se/sb/d/2853

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Nykvarn, Sweden

#45527 Dec 29, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is another difference between the US and Sweden.
Their system of government is more democratic than ours.
in his deranged world only usa is a democracy and everybody else are autocracies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 45 min dad1 61,216
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 1 hr Subduction Zone 2,675
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Dogen 28,314
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 19 hr IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Wed Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web