In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51425 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#45209 Dec 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Subjects.
There are some British sites that pretend that the United KING_dom is a democracy.
It is a monarchy.
Yes.
A person who lives under the rule of a monarch is a subject, yes or no?
No need for GOVERNMENT sites with the TLD specifying .GOV, to pretend anything.

That’s why US government sites do not pretend and state that the US is a republic, not a democracy

Definitions
In a democracy, the people vote directly.
In a republic, the people elect representatives who vote on their behalf.

No. Read the law you thick moron, I posted links to the laws just for you to EDUCATE yourself in the hope that you would not look so bloody stupid, I admit I was wrong, you still look bloody stupid and ignorant
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people say it, most people understand those are idiots.
And we all know you have the experience when it comes to clean up on the drippydick syndrome.
Wipe your chin, Skanque.
You hatred fuelled guesswork is out again, I have never been near your (or anyone elses) drippydick. Ask your nurse if you can have more olanzopine
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Daily.
You might try some vagisil to, dear. The neighbors have registered a complaint.
You hatred fuelled guesswork is out again, Just because you are a LYING T\/\/AT does not mean that other people are. FYI drippydick, I have no god and therefore no need to lie.. Ask your nurse if you can have more olanzopone, you need it

PS. What is vagasil? Is it something you smother over you butt hole before you go meet your preacher?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The many dozen of tantrums directed at me in this indicate otherwise, as we agreed earlier: you lie.
Tantrums??? I am not the one who regularly goes into meltdown whenever you can’t get your way.
FYI, I have lost my temper twice in 10 years.

Once when I was caught in this christian atrocity
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester...

And once when two christians attempted to KILL my children

Honey compared to them you are not even worth p|ssing on if you were burning

No you like and assume in your ignorance that others lie too

#45210 Dec 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems hardness and drippydicks are foremost in your thoughts, Skanque.
When did your husband leave you, anyway?
As they say a hard man if good to find. But most people draw the line at drippydicks like yours. That’s why you are a lonely old fart whose wife ran off with a blackman who could satisfy her properly and you are left with a hired nurse who don’t give a sh|t if you take you olanzopone and antibiotics

He didn’t, here laughing at your futile and pathetic jabs
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
WAHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHH!
~stomp stomp stomp~
The people who serve the monarch in a monarchy are called...
A) Subjects
B) WAHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHH!~stomp stomp stomp~
There ya go, tantrums and to think what you wrote to me just 2 posts back. Thank you for proving yourself a hypocritical lying T\/\/AT

Read the LAW, you seem to set such store by laws wen it suits you but not when it doesn’t. I wonder what that is, perhaps something to discuss next time your psychiatrist visits
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The average Brit being a spineless man being pushed around by fat infected women with canker sores?
The United King_dom: down to one time zone and soon, not even an entire island.
When your country grows up and has actually won a few hundred battles then you are welcome to gripe, until then be content that the only one of the numerous battles your proud country has won in the 60 odd years was against the hill farmers of Grenada.

Small country one time zone, your point is what? That yours is bigger than mine. Oh whhoooeeee, yes but we have the decided advantage that you are over there and not over here.

Yes by referendum, a REFERENDUM is a public VOTE, that’s appears to be a word you have difficulty understanding
SupaAFC

Whitehaven, UK

#45211 Dec 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Parliament that the monarch can dismiss if the monarch is so inclined?
As I pointed out to you a few dozen times?
Yes, that Parliament. If our government is a monarchy, then why do we have a Parliament? What is its function?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK Parliament that has more members appointed to their position than elected?
Yes, that Parliament. If our government is a monarchy, then why do we have a Parliament? What is its function?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The one that passes laws that require the monarch to sign off before than become valid?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot help your education systems is so lacking it is unable to help you understand your own system of government.
Then enlighten me, Barefoot, because so far your post has not explained why, if our government is a monarchy, we have a Parliament.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A monarchy is that government a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually or nominally lodged in a monarch. It can have a parliament; it can have ten parliaments.
-WHY- do we have a Parliament if our supreme power is the monarch?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it has a head of state who is a monarchy, SuperFag: it is a monarchy.
In English.
I have never denied as such. I am asking why we have a Parliament if our government is a monarchy.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the government of the United KING_dom isn't confused and defines ITSELF as a monarchy.
Wipe your chin.
Then why do we have a Parliament?

A big wall of text, but no actual answer to my question.

Why, Barefoot, do we have a Parliament if our supreme power is the monarch? Why does she not make all the decisions?

Could it just be because our monarchy is nothing but an ornament? That would certainly be the sane explanation.
straa

UK

#45212 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he was catholic you thick moron, it is not up to you to decide
That my dear little idiot is why Hitler remains a christian after his death, it is NOT up to you to decide
That my dear little idiot is why Stalin was a christian, it is NOT up to you to decide
That is why those murdering bastards the IRA remain christian, it is NOT up to you to decide
That is why such good christians as James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, the NLFT, the KKK and the anti abortionists in the US and Canada all remain christian. Because it’s NOT up to you to decide.
I’ll tell you why they remain christian. Because they are murdering in the name of christianity and the people who do decide whether to excommunicate someone do it in the basis of whether a person became pregnant while being gang raped and hence had an abortion rather than that god condoned pleasure of murder and genocide.
You have no fiking say in the matter, when you grow up and realise YOU are not your god or you seek medical help then you will understand
There is ONLY modern history of America, you have no ancient history unless you want to talk about the history of the Native American, who incidentally were almost exterminated by the genocide of christians
When it comes to the ira, its not so clear to me, they have killed innocents, but so have Britain, I understand why they want their island to be united, if it was the other way around, england would feel the same, and compared to other terrorists, the ira were more civilised and organised, but if you were the victim of an ira attack i understand how you would have strong feelings about it, the whole thing is wrong, brits should not be fighting the irish, they are cousins
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#45213 Dec 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Best of luck, Sarcasm 101.
You keep plugging, Slugger!
why do you old folks always smell like a combo of bad B.O. and assss!!!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#45214 Dec 21, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to the ira, its not so clear to me, they have killed innocents, but so have Britain, I understand why they want their island to be united, if it was the other way around, england would feel the same, and compared to other terrorists, the ira were more civilised and organised, but if you were the victim of an ira attack i understand how you would have strong feelings about it, the whole thing is wrong, brits should not be fighting the irish, they are cousins
It all stems from Henry and his daughters. Of course this is some of your precious history less than audible.

#45215 Dec 21, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
The vote tells us that almost 60% of northern Irish people are happy with the status quo

Protestantism was well established in Ireland long before Oliver Cornwall, Long before Henry VIII. In fact back to 1170 and killing people will not change that.

I have no gripe with their target objective what pisses me of is their christian methods of,- you don’t like what we stand for so bang your dead - I was injured at the periphery of the Manchester bombing and my aunt lost her arm. In hospital in the next bed was a northern Irish woman, a catholic, also injured by the explosion. Tell me, was that indiscriminate or what?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45216 Dec 21, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Canada in the war from the very beginning, that alone means they played a far more important role than USA
No one expects you to admit you were wrong, Packy.

600,000 versus 4,300,000.

Thanks!

PS: It wasn't Canada fight either. But when it comes to starting fights that they can't finish, England has a long history going back even to the Revolutionary War where 1 in 4 were mercenaries.

Location hidden

#45217 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The vote tells us that almost 60% of northern Irish people are happy with the status quo
Irish people, eh?

Location hidden

#45218 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Protestantism was well established in Ireland long before Oliver Cornwall, Long before Henry VIII. In fact back to 1170 and killing people will not change that.
All hail the state religion of England!

Location hidden

#45219 Dec 21, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that Parliament. If our government is a monarchy, then why do we have a Parliament?
I cannot help you understand civics or English.

I don't have time to reexplain it, to answer "why, why, why, why?"

The head of state of the UKING_dom is a monarchy and the monarchy rules over the Parliament (and the monarch appoints more than half the Parliament).

The monarch in the UKING_dom even has the authority to dismiss the government.

Those are the facts.

Location hidden

#45221 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And he likes the taste of disease infected priests penis
Everyone here knows you are the one with experience with oral sex, Skanque.

You know: real life tonsil massages.

Guys aren't really that familiar with the fact they drip.

I bet if you did more of that and less insisting that you were always right, you hen-pecked husband wouldn't have run off with the other woman.

Wipe your chin, hon.

Location hidden

#45222 Dec 21, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very funny that during the time America were in world war one, the much smaller Canadian army made far more land
Nice try.

No one expects you to say you were wrong, Packy.

PS: Until the US got into the war, the Allies went mostly backwards. When they went forwards- sometimes only a few hundred yards- it cost tens of thousands of lives.

Of course, the UK majors and generals were all of the upper class and if it cost a few thousands lives, they went to the club, patted one another on the back and had a glass of sherry. Tough going, old man, and all that.

Location hidden

#45223 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You may assume whatever you wish drippydick, that will simply mean that you don’t know
We both know, Skanque. When it comes to real life tonsil massage you have had all the experience making that one eye wink.

Location hidden

#45224 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
That’s why you are a lonely old fart whose wife ran off with a blackman who could satisfy her properly
Thanks for establishing your overt racism, too, Skanque.

If I were or had been married that it would be especially offensive if my wife ran off with a 'blackman'.

Like most American men, satisfying American women is not so high on the list and running away isn't nearly as bad as coming back with a lawyer and taking away our stuff.

Or worse... coming back and staying.

Blackman, eh, bigot? poor form, eh?

Location hidden

#45225 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
When your country grows up and has actually won a few hundred battles
Our country is more powerful than your country has ever been and your country has been sliding downhill for one hundred years. The last to biggest wars we have been in we got dragged in to save your worthless bigoted hides. If the US had not been dragged into WWI to save the UK, there would not have been a WWII, there would not have been a person like Hitler.

If only it were possible to turn back the clock and when England came crying in 1916, the US could have (should have) said: EH!

Location hidden

#45226 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Tell me, was that indiscriminate or what?
The UK bombed the hell out of German cities in WWII, killing 500,000 in Dresden alone.

Location hidden

#45227 Dec 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Small country one time zone, your point is what?
Do try to follow the thread, Skanque. I am not the one crying that Britannia was ruling the waves.

I don't think you will find many Americans expecting to here thanks from the UK for saving their bacon in WWI and WWII but I think you will find you raise their ire when you (et al.) diminishing the roles we played, e.g., insisting Canada played a bigger part than did the US, which, factually, is absolutely wrong and I haven't heard you say anything to the contrary, and B) is also an insult to Canada which, like the US, really had no business in the fight that you guys started.

PS: you still owe all 'blackmen' an apology, in your effort (failing efforts) to insult me, you let your bigotry out for all to see.

Your sexual fantasies withstanding...
SupaAFC

Whitehaven, UK

#45228 Dec 21, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot help you understand civics or English.
To demonstrate that I do not understand British politics you have to show how I am wrong. In this case, you would have to demonstrate that Parliament does not exist.

That is precisely what you are claiming if you are saying that I do not understand British politics. I am not disputing that we have a monarchy; I am asking you why, if Britain is a monarchy, we would remotely need a Parliament.

Your dodging of the question demonstrates that it is you, and not I, who does not understand British politics.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have time to reexplain it, to answer "why, why, why, why?"
Cue hysterical Homer Simpson laugh.

All you have is time, Barefoot. So, fess up, and explain why we have a Parliament if we are a monarchy.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The head of state of the UKING_dom is a monarchy and the monarchy rules over the Parliament (and the monarch appoints more than half the Parliament).
Why would the monarchy need a Parliament if they hold all the power?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The monarch in the UKING_dom even has the authority to dismiss the government.
Why would she even need a government if she holds power in the first place?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are the facts.
Those are red herrings. Now explain WHY a monarch would vest powers in a Parliament is she rules over Britain.

In your own time, little Barefoot.

Location hidden

#45229 Dec 21, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
To demonstrate that I do not understand British politics you have to show how I am wrong.
Already done, SuperFag.

What I don't have to do is make you admit you are wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 14 min Eagle 12 2,674
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 min Subduction Zone 61,198
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Dogen 28,314
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 15 hr IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Wed Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web