In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 20 comments on the Apr 11, 2012, Spiked story titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#45161 Dec 20, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Barefoot's posting rate is around 75 per day.
That's an addiction.
He needs help.
Wild Kingdom Animal Tranquillizer Dart Gun.

300mg of Thorazine oughtta do it.
straa

London, UK

#45162 Dec 20, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1814 we took a little trip
Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip.
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans
And we caught the bloody British in the town of New Orleans.
[Chorus:]
We fired our guns and the British kept a'comin.
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago.
We fired once more and they began to runnin' on
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.
We looked down the river and we see'd the British come.
And there must have been a hundred of'em beatin' on the drum.
They stepped so high and they made the bugles ring.
We stood by our cotton bales and didn't say a thing.
[Chorus]
Old Hickory said we could take 'em by surprise
If we didn't fire our muskets 'til we looked 'em in the eye
We held our fire 'til we see'd their faces well.
Then we opened up with squirrel guns and really gave 'em ... well
[Chorus]
Yeah, they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
And they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.
They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.**
We fired our cannon 'til the barrel melted down.
So we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round.
We filled his head with cannon balls, and powdered his behind
And when we touched the powder off, the gator lost his mind.
[Chorus]
Yeah, they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
And they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.
They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.**
++
Packy: the individual battles don't matter so much. The War of 1812 was a draw, and the British didn't stop our ships on the high seas again.
PS: Remind us again what year it was when the UK allow India to have its independence?
Is that all you've got, an old folk sing written by American soldiers while they were running away crying, hahaha, Britain kicked your butts, and there is not a historian alive that would say otherwise, we achieved all if our objectives, you didn't achieve any of yours, we won, you lost, face facts, Canada is free, that is that, the war was a total humiliation for America and a massive victory for Britain, but for Britain it was only a small war, along with all the other wars we win, one of many
SupaAFC

Crieff, UK

#45163 Dec 20, 2012
I see Barefoot has run away, again, from my post, again.

I'll post it again:

"Speaking of lying, why do you keep hiding behind a deceptive question? You do know that if our government literally was nothing but a monarchy, then Parliament would not exist, right?"

For all your talk of Britain being strictly a monarchy, Barefoot...

... why does Parliament exist, exactly? If our monarchy is our government, then what is the purpose of Parliament?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45164 Dec 20, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Citizens of Great Britain are still, well, citizens.
Subjects of Great Britain are subjects.

Is Great Britain a monarchy, yes or no?

Fat people like to say they are "full sized" or "big boned" and I am sure the subjects of the monarchy of the United KING_dom like to call themselves citizens.

Anything you say, Chubby.

Location hidden

#45165 Dec 20, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I post on Topix; you have anonymous sex with men in bathroom stalls.

To each his own.

Location hidden

#45166 Dec 20, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Individual battles clearly matter to you since you're singing a song about one.
They don't.

I understand you are not able to draw conclusions on your own.
SupaAFC

Crieff, UK

#45167 Dec 20, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an addiction.
He needs help.
Borderline psychotic when you realise that about 5 to 10 of them are the same things rewritten in different ways.

Location hidden

#45168 Dec 20, 2012
Khatru wrote:
The British didn't stop your ships on the high seas again?
War of 1812 was a draw.

So say the historians.

And the United Kingdom has been in full retreat since the Boer Wars.

The only waves you rule over anymore is the wake of barges going up and down the Thames.

Wales... next...

Location hidden

#45169 Dec 20, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
You're the only one here ever suggested otherwise.
Wasn't and of course I never suggest Ireland was not west of England.

Nor the people who live in Northern Ireland weren't Irish.

I don't have to pretend the people who live in a monarchy are citizens instead of subjects.

Or that the sun lands on England before it does anywhere else on earth.

Pull up your panties, Shug.

Location hidden

#45170 Dec 20, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Borderline psychotic when you realise that about 5 to 10 of them are the same things rewritten in different ways.
And since you respond exactly the same way at least twice to the same posts... what does that make you, SuperFag?

Location hidden

#45171 Dec 20, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
I see Barefoot has run away, again, from my post, again.
It is almost as though Barefoot isn't inclined to respond to your loaded questions, WAHHH?

Is the United KING_dom a monarchy, yes or no, SuperFag?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#45172 Dec 20, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Khat.
I think Barfy's working up to an end-of-the-world meltdown.
Lol

Hi Mac

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.

Location hidden

#45173 Dec 20, 2012
Khatru wrote:
Anyway, it's nice to see you admitting it was a draw instead of the victory that so many of your countrymen claim it was.
Like you admit it was a draw, KowKow.

Or that England could have won the war of Independence if only they had access to a time machine.

Look at all the British subjects pretending that they won the war of 1812 and that they didn't come begging for the US to help them in WWI and WWII.

Look at all the British subjects who pretend the United KING_dom is a democracy.

It's a free country - over here in the USA, anyway. Maybe not so free over there.
SupaAFC

Crieff, UK

#45174 Dec 20, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And since you respond exactly the same way at least twice to the same posts... what does that make you, SuperFag?
I knew you would take the bait - glad to have your attention.

Do you mind explaining why we have a Parliament if our government is a monarchy?

In your own time. A non-answer will automatically mean that you yourself understand that our monarchy is an ornament.

Location hidden

#45175 Dec 20, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you would take the bait - glad to have your attention.
Oh, you are very clever, it is almost as I respond to whatever comment I feel like responding to.

You sure got me with that one!

Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?

Have you figured out what a loaded question is yet, yes or no?

Location hidden

#45176 Dec 20, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
A non-answer will automatically mean that you yourself understand that our monarchy is an ornament.
Any kind of response at all to my posts mean you swallow instead of spitting.
straa

London, UK

#45177 Dec 20, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you admit it was a draw, KowKow.
Or that England could have won the war of Independence if only they had access to a time machine.
Look at all the British subjects pretending that they won the war of 1812 and that they didn't come begging for the US to help them in WWI and WWII.
Look at all the British subjects who pretend the United KING_dom is a democracy.
It's a free country - over here in the USA, anyway. Maybe not so free over there.
1812 was not a draw, it was a win, a spectacular win, America were crushed, let's recap here, you invade Canada, we kick your assess out, we Chase you for hundreds of miles, and you ran and ran as fast as you could, the biggest retreat in american history, which is saying something LOL, your country was humiliated infront of the whole world, we burned down your capitol city for christ sake, we bankrupted your country and destroyed your currency, you ended up reverting go British currency LOL, we blockaded your country, every historian in the world says that Britain kicked Americas assess in 1812, Britain and France won world war one, America did nothing, as usual, Britain and Russia won world war two, America were insignificant, evem in Asia Britain liberated and captured more Japanese than anerica did, we were fighting in burma, Malaysia, China and many more while all USA did was attack a couple of tiny volcanic islands LOL, Britain achieved all its objectives in 1812, America achieved none of theirs, it was a complete and total defeat for America, and something you don't like talking about hey
straa

London, UK

#45178 Dec 20, 2012
America is the least free country in the western world, Britain is freer and more democratic than america, it doesn't matter that you feel shame for this, there's nothing you can do about it, Britain tried to teach America about freedom and democracy, like we did to all the Anglo countries, which are all also more free and democratic than america, we tried to teach you, but you messed it up, didn't you

Location hidden

#45179 Dec 20, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
1812 was not a draw,
We are still working on your statement that the Canadians were more involved in WWI than the Americans.

You know, the 600,000 Canadians more involved than the four million Yanks.

You also insisted the U505 was captured by the UK.

You also insisted the UK isn't a monarchy even though others insist no one has made such an assertion.

I say let's start with your assertion that Canada was more involved in WWI than USA.

Putting aside WWI wasn't our fight and we should not have gotten involved and probably would not have if the UK wasn't trying to sneak in munitions on passenger ships in violation of international treaties.

Location hidden

#45180 Dec 20, 2012
straa wrote:
America is the least free country in the western world,
Anything you say, Packy, just because the US would let you cross the borders and the UK did.

Canada... USA WWI.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Eagle 12 238,006
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 28 min Freebird USA 9,312
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Samoan Irish 392
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr thetruth 2,059
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 7 hr thetruth 165
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 7 hr thetruth 7,406
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 7 hr James 14,604
More from around the web