In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51425 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#45081 Dec 19, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a prayer.
Putting the word "God" into a sentence doesn't make it a prayer.
No matter what your NotBot handbook tells ya.
If a godbot is:-

GODBOT:(noun) someone programmed from birth to follow religious leaders' every wish; often indoctrinated in Christian fellowships closed off to free thinkers.
http://www.google.com.au/#q=godbot%20def&...

Then a notbot must must someone who can think for themselves in which I am glad to be a notbot.

Thank you for the complement.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#45082 Dec 19, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There's also the possibility that religion played no part in his decision to kill.
Quite a large possibility, but try telling that to your good christian buddy Just Results, he is after all the one who started the lies and ranting of what he personally thought the cause was. Using nothing more than his absolutely astounding ignorance, christian lies, deliberate misunderstanding and his overriding requirement for god points as a base line. And of course in his usual good christian way he attempted grabbing extra get to heaven points by likening me to that child killer. Our dearest JR is sick in the head and need psychiatric help but are his friends the christians going to tell him, hell no, they will wait until he murders someone and say, oh we never expected that, he was such a good christian.

You and I don’t get on, it’s true, I really do think you have a screw loose and take deliberate ignorance just a little too far but you don’t compare to the madness, hatred and vindictive christian insanity that Just Results holds dear to his twisted heart.

But perhaps you can tell me why is it that when a christard starts a rant and his victim responds then that victim gets the flack from the instigators fellow christards? Must be a descendent of mob mentality and you know that they say the intelligence of a mob is directly proportional to the square root of the most idiotic member of that mob. The most idiotic member of that mob is currently JR

See
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
For his original moronic meltdown

#45083 Dec 19, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The vein is throbbing, drippydickbreath.
PS: we know who has had it in the mouth.
Is it, thanks for telling, I can’t see you from here

Do you? As they say it takes one to know one.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
~stomp stomp stomp~
No mandatory prayer in the US schools, DDB.
And? That excuses the mandatory forced recital of the pledge of allegiance does it?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar, liar, pants on fire...t\/\/at.
~stomp stomp stomp~
Wrong again you T\/\/AT, I do not lie, I worship no god so have no need to lie and stamping you feet will make not the slightest difference
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar, liar, pants of fire, drippydickbreath t\/\/at.
Wrong again T\/\/AT, You make such a habit of it I doubt that you are aware that you lied so much. The evidence is here on this thread, all you have to do is look back through the posts to prove without doubt that you are once again shown to be a lying T\/\/AT
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: you can't possibly believe I care, right, Skanque?
PPS: we all know what you have had banging against the back of your throat... if you insist...
Do I care if you care? Hell no, I’m having fun here and watching your meltdowns, back sliding BS, lies, hypocrisy and excuses does show you care so again you prove yourself to be a lying T\/\/AT.

No you do not know, you guess because it makes you hard and you can masturbate at the thought but that is not knowing, that is guessing. And be careful of your keyboard that disease ridden semen of yours may be touched by your nurse, or worse still your child

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#45084 Dec 19, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Subjects.
Do tell: who is the head of state?
PS: If I used Wikipedia as a source, I wouldn't brag on it.
"Citizens".

Use whatever source you like.

The Borderland of Sol

#45085 Dec 19, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know: it is impossible for you to say you were wrong even after I crammed it so far up your colon your tongue swells.
Security guard.
Fired.
Anything else dear?
At the time of the shooting, he was not a security guard.

Why mention it at all?

#45086 Dec 19, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, he's just doing it again. Arguing with a bunch of nonsensical statements that he himself made.
I can't recall - who was it told him that there weren't 100 pennies in a dollar?
Who claimed that Ireland was not an island West of England?
Who claimed that Northern Ireland wasn't part of Britain?
He's been positively _fizzing_ about all of those - and he's the only one brought 'em up.
Hi Mac.

Yes he is a pedantic old fool but it’s terrific fun.

I know what you mean, he keeps on and on and on and on and on and on about stuff that he brought up and “claims” I said. It’s also interesting to watch him deny stuff that you have said because is screws up his arguments when there is nothing to argue about.

When he has been wound up enough and is proven wrong just watch his excuses, all is BS but that too is part of the fun.

I saw the Ireland exchange, was not sure whether I should jump in but decided that on the subject of Ireland you have considerably more knowledge than I do

#45087 Dec 19, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: Ireland is indeed to the west of England and I wasn't the one who denied it was.
PPS: I wasn't the one that asserted that Northern Ireland wasn't part of Ireland.
Yes you were

Yes you were

But I guess you will deny this now you have checked

The Borderland of Sol

#45088 Dec 19, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mac.
Yes he is a pedantic old fool but it’s terrific fun.
I know what you mean, he keeps on and on and on and on and on and on about stuff that he brought up and “claims” I said. It’s also interesting to watch him deny stuff that you have said because is screws up his arguments when there is nothing to argue about.
When he has been wound up enough and is proven wrong just watch his excuses, all is BS but that too is part of the fun.
I saw the Ireland exchange, was not sure whether I should jump in but decided that on the subject of Ireland you have considerably more knowledge than I do
Oh, it's kinda fun poking him.
He squirms so, when you point out that he's the one bringing up nonsense...

#45089 Dec 19, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Subjects.
English language.
Citizens

Here are some BRITISH GOVERNMENT sites that you may wish to study before sticking you foot any further into your mouth

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishciti...
Note particularly the section How do I apply for British citizenship or another form of British nationality?

https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/citizen...

And here is a little light historical entertainment about George Frideric Handel gaining british citizenship
http://www.parliament.uk/business/publication...

#45090 Dec 19, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know: it is impossible for you to say you were wrong even after I crammed it so far up your colon your tongue swells.
Security guard.
Fired.
Anything else dear?
Yes that’s an EX security guard

Are you really this stupid in real life?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#45091 Dec 19, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a large possibility, but try telling that to your good christian buddy Just Results, he is after all the one who started the lies and ranting of what he personally thought the cause was. Using nothing more than his absolutely astounding ignorance, christian lies, deliberate misunderstanding and his overriding requirement for god points as a base line. And of course in his usual good christian way he attempted grabbing extra get to heaven points by likening me to that child killer. Our dearest JR is sick in the head and need psychiatric help but are his friends the christians going to tell him, hell no, they will wait until he murders someone and say, oh we never expected that, he was such a good christian.
You and I don’t get on, it’s true, I really do think you have a screw loose and take deliberate ignorance just a little too far but you don’t compare to the madness, hatred and vindictive christian insanity that Just Results holds dear to his twisted heart.
But perhaps you can tell me why is it that when a christard starts a rant and his victim responds then that victim gets the flack from the instigators fellow christards? Must be a descendent of mob mentality and you know that they say the intelligence of a mob is directly proportional to the square root of the most idiotic member of that mob. The most idiotic member of that mob is currently JR
See
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
For his original moronic meltdown
Maybe JR is part of this group...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/west...

#45092 Dec 19, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Subjects.
Do tell: who is the head of state?
PS: If I used Wikipedia as a source, I wouldn't brag on it.
Citizens – you are then one with the reliance on laws so read the law and learn before opening your mouth and sticking you big far foot in it

That Wiki article is quite good and it actually gives dates of the changes in the law that actually agree with the law. Unlike you who think British law should follow your outdated and pathetic guidelines

#45093 Dec 19, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe JR is part of this group...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/west...
I really don’t know, I just wish he would seek help before he injures someone (or worse)
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#45094 Dec 19, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizens – you are then one with the reliance on laws so read the law and learn before opening your mouth and sticking you big far foot in it
That Wiki article is quite good and it actually gives dates of the changes in the law that actually agree with the law. Unlike you who think British law should follow your outdated and pathetic guidelines
Yes because serving under a monarchy is so up to date. Subjugation to "Her Majesty" (laughable) is what is truly pathetic.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#45095 Dec 19, 2012
I know some prefer to wank over assault rifles but I worship neither.
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes because serving under a monarchy is so up to date. Subjugation to "Her Majesty" (laughable) is what is truly pathetic.

#45096 Dec 19, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it what you will, when you grow up in about a thousand years you may begin to understand that there is a history you cannot be privy to and jealousy will never make it heal up. There is also a culture that you with your closed mind will never understand. History and culture help built a unique character to the average Brit that the US will never see until it’s been around for a few hundred more years.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#45097 Dec 19, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
Then a notbot must must someone who can think for themselves
I see no evidence of independ thinking.

I do see a lot of evidence of them crammy their NotBot religion down the throats of others.

Location hidden

#45098 Dec 19, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it, thanks for telling, I can’t see you from here
I am sure you removed the mirrors from your house, Skanque, I can't say that I blame ya.

Take your statins and don't forget your Xanax.

Location hidden

#45099 Dec 19, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizens
Here are some BRITISH GOVERNMENT sites
Subjects.

There are some British sites that pretend that the United KING_dom is a democracy.

It is a monarchy.

Yes.

A person who lives under the rule of a monarch is a subject, yes or no?

Location hidden

#45100 Dec 19, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Do you? As they say it takes one to know one.
Some people say it, most people understand those are idiots.

And we all know you have the experience when it comes to clean up on the drippydick syndrome.

Wipe your chin, Skanque.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Rondo 52,385
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 21 min Ian McFarland 11,462
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 28 min Rosa_Winkel 520
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 50 min Eagle 12 22,192
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 2 hr Eagle 12 1,682
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 24,919
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 3 hr Kaarlo 231
More from around the web