In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,711

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Read more

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#44720 Dec 14, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
The easiest way to deal with him is to respond only to his first post. Barefoot's tactic is to substitute quality with quantity so tries his upmost to overwhelm people with waves of posts that do not really differ much at all.
Barefoot: everybody's favourite manchild whack-a-mole.
He tries… He fails… That is the lot of the average dim-witted manchild

Is it his fault he has no friends? OK perhaps that was the wrong question, of course it’s his fault.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#44721 Dec 14, 2012
That's just two decent performances in 15 years...
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Con Air".

#44722 Dec 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I point to the stains on your pillowcases, and to your sticky gums.
As I said - Prove it cocksucker.

We are not interested in your ignorance, lies, wet dreams and JW imagination
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times to I have to explain to you, Sticky, that the law in the UK requires "public" schools *provide* religious worship, not that it forces children to attend?
I understand it is beyond you- that having a school by law provide religious worship is government establishment of (in the UK ) state religion.
Who cares, the fact remains that it is not relevant in today’s society. Unlike the increased forcing by LAW for children to recite the pledge of allegiance and patronage of the christian god.

No you understand fookall but that’s your problem, not mine
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Temper, temper!
Between the two of us, BTW, you are the one that notices the drips.
What has showing you do be a cocksucker got to do with temper?

I have never met you so don’t notice the stains on the front of your pyjama bottoms. I do however take note of your hateful, ignorant, spiteful, vindictive and untrue posts and can only assume that the reason for your uncivilised behaviour is syphilis affecting your brain, and of course staining your trousers with a foul smelling puss. It could of course be something else completely that makes you a gibbering nutcase, please advise if I have made the wrong assumption.
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#44723 Dec 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The monarch asked opinions of two people for whom she had respect.
The decision was entirely hers to make.
No matter how hard you stomp your feet, SuperFag.
I bet you hit on some slaves back then hah pops?
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#44724 Dec 14, 2012
Atheist are not in any "closet". They are running all over the country trying to find communities that can't afford law suits, schools, companies, and anyone else that is in no position to hire lawyers and spend thousands in court trying to defend themselves from the atheist whining that some cross is "offending" them even though they are not from the area the cross is in at all and never have too or would have to see it if they hadn't gone out in search of it to begin with.
They are the biggest whiners I've ever heard of in my life. Offended by a cross, any symbol of religious belief, or any symbol of Christmas other than the "Santa" side of it. Whiners the whole lot of them. If you can be so offended by a "symbol" you don't even have to look at if you don't want too then you are too freakin sensitive to exist at all. Go back under your rock where you only have to look at the things that don't hurt your little eyes to look at.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#44725 Dec 14, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
Atheist are not in any "closet". They are running all over the country trying to find communities that can't afford law suits, schools, companies, and anyone else that is in no position to hire lawyers and spend thousands in court trying to defend themselves from the atheist whining that some cross is "offending" them even though they are not from the area the cross is in at all and never have too or would have to see it if they hadn't gone out in search of it to begin with.
They are the biggest whiners I've ever heard of in my life. Offended by a cross, any symbol of religious belief, or any symbol of Christmas other than the "Santa" side of it. Whiners the whole lot of them. If you can be so offended by a "symbol" you don't even have to look at if you don't want too then you are too freakin sensitive to exist at all. Go back under your rock where you only have to look at the things that don't hurt your little eyes to look at.
Well said.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#44726 Dec 14, 2012
You seem damaged. Show the nice officer where your priest touched you.
X Obama Supporter wrote:
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#44727 Dec 14, 2012
Thinking wrote:
You seem damaged. Show the nice officer where your priest touched you.
<quoted text>
I have never been touched by a priest, I'm not religous and I do not attend church. But I am also not a whiney little atheist that is offended by the mere sight of cross or a religous symbol, or a Christian Christmas display, to the point that I would go hire a lawyer and cry about it until it is removed so my whittle sensitive eyes don't have to see something that apparently scare the living sh*t out of me. Poor thing, life must be difficult for such a sensitive ignorant damaged babe as yourself. "Whaaa there's a cross in my eyes, there's a cross in my eyes!!!"
top atheist

Des Plaines, IL

#44728 Dec 14, 2012
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
As an atheist,Im offended that your even talking about the cross.Its just two beams crossed.Whats the big deal? I like the circle,Its complete.

#44729 Dec 14, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been touched by a priest, I'm not religous and I do not attend church. But I am also not a whiney little atheist that is offended by the mere sight of cross or a religous symbol, or a Christian Christmas display, to the point that I would go hire a lawyer and cry about it until it is removed so my whittle sensitive eyes don't have to see something that apparently scare the living sh*t out of me. Poor thing, life must be difficult for such a sensitive ignorant damaged babe as yourself. "Whaaa there's a cross in my eyes, there's a cross in my eyes!!!"
But you are offended by those who feel crosses and other religious symbols are a waste of good space.

Are you offended to know that the mid winter festival –“Christmas display”- was a pagan tradition long before christianity was though of?

The average person has as much right to object to BS as another person has to promote BS.

Churches have hired layers too when they are not able to get their way, hell, they have persecuted, tortured and killed and people in order to get their way

Oh yes and so do priest when their paedophilia comes to light
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#44730 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are offended by those who feel crosses and other religious symbols are a waste of good space.
Are you offended to know that the mid winter festival –“Christmas display”- was a pagan tradition long before christianity was though of?
The average person has as much right to object to BS as another person has to promote BS.
Churches have hired layers too when they are not able to get their way, hell, they have persecuted, tortured and killed and people in order to get their way
Oh yes and so do priest when their paedophilia comes to light
I'm only "offended" by them because they think because something "offends" them or because they don't agree with something then it must just go away. If I'm offended by the sight of something....I just don't look at it. If I'm offended by what someone says...I just don't listen, I walk away so I don't have to hear it.
I don't tell them they must remove whatever it is that offends me or they must stop saying whatever offends me (unless of course they are in my home, then it's my rules).
I don't run around finding empty spaces crying "oh no, that is atheist, it's empty, it stands for and believes in nothing....it has to go, fill the space quick so my eyes are not subjected to this empty space of atheism" WHAAA WHAAAA

You have every right to "object" but you don't have the right to run around crying about crap you don't even have to be subjected to if you didn't seek it out. There is a difference between objecting to something and working to destroy or delete something simply because it offends you. If you don't like a show, don't watch it, others may like it and they have a right to watch it. If you don't like a radio station.....turn the damn knob and change it. Be offended...it's your right...but stop whining about having to see something you don't like, just don't freakin look at it!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44731 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
The law requiring Christian worship in UK tax funded schools was amended in 2010.

Such a law of course is banned by our Constitution.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#44732 Dec 14, 2012
My eyesight is rather important to me so I try not to stick anything in my eyes.
I suggest you follow my friendly advice.
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whaaa there's a cross in my eyes, there's a cross in my eyes!!!"
Thinking

Andover, UK

#44733 Dec 14, 2012
The Ghostbusters said not to cross the beams.
top atheist wrote:
<quoted text> As an atheist,Im offended that your even talking about the cross.Its just two beams crossed.Whats the big deal? I like the circle,Its complete.

Location hidden

#44734 Dec 14, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why none of your three short, tiny, non-factual responses actually addressed the Macmillan issue?
No one said you would be able to admit you were wrong, SuperFAG.

Review: Macmillan APPOINTED by Elizabeth, no election, none, WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Location hidden

#44735 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Several times I have shown you sites of maps and date lines to prove that the UK is east of the UK
The earth is round and revolves around the sun.

Lines on a map.

The sun rises earlier at my house than yours.

Location hidden

#44736 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
In 2008, eight states had no laws requiring students recite the Pledge of Allegiance at school. That number has recently dwindled to five, with Nebraska being the latest state to adopt a statewide mandate.
Don't care, the pledge of allegiance is of allegiance to the United States, not to God.

Compare it to the pledge every single lawmaker of any consequence makes to the monarch in the UK, who is the head of the state church.

There is no organized pray in US public schools; compare: the UK requires it by law.

Location hidden

#44737 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
And so what did you do? You came up with the BS that Hawaii receives it sun 14 hours before the UK w
The sun comes up before the sun will come up again where you live, Skanque.

And it isn't my fault you don't know there are more than 24 time zones, I gave you the link.

Location hidden

#44738 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Yes the law exits, what does that mean? It means that the law exists, great,
The law that requires organized Christian worship exists- and was amended again in 2010- so when you try to compare it to a law in the US and you come up with NOTHING because no only is there no such law, organized prayer is FORBIDDEN, you should just STFU.

It seems that I am of course right again.

Location hidden

#44739 Dec 14, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said - Prove it cocksucker.
How many have you had, Skanque?

Sizes and shapes?

It was the drippy ones that left such a lasting impression on you, eh, Skanque?

I know. You know.

Everyone else here knows.

Wipe your chin, Hon. Ya protest too much, methinks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 min polymath257 6,254
News Atheist monument to counter ten commandments (Jul '13) 14 min Patrick n Angela 15
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Eagle 12 236,735
News The Consequences of Atheism 2 hr thetruth 1,106
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr thetruth 17,897
News 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma (Jul '13) 2 hr thetruth 7,547
News Evolution is a philosophical humanistic religio... 4 hr geezerjock 1
More from around the web