In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 47711 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

SupaAFC

Sheffield, UK

#44680 Dec 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prime Minister Macmillan...
Taking a break from responding only to your first of many convoluted posts to address another failure:

"The Queen appointed Macmillan Prime Minister after taking advice from Winston Churchill and Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 5th Marquess of Salisbury, who had asked the Cabinet individually for their opinions, all but two or three of them opting for Macmillan."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Macmillan...

In other words, the Tory elite majority decided on Macmillan. The Queen, as per usual, rubber stamped it.
SupaAFC

Sheffield, UK

#44681 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww but it’s fun to make him rant his BS about things he is clueless about. However I am getting a little tired of showing him facts only for him to repeatedly effectively reply that’s not the answer he wanted because it does not agree with his wet dreams and hatred
The easiest way to deal with him is to respond only to his first post. Barefoot's tactic is to substitute quality with quantity so tries his upmost to overwhelm people with waves of posts that do not really differ much at all.

Barefoot: everybody's favourite manchild whack-a-mole.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44682 Dec 12, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking a break from responding only to your first of many convoluted posts to address another failure:
"The Queen appointed Macmillan Prime Minister after taking advice from Winston Churchill and Robert Gascoyne-Cecil...
GOSH!

Let's try to remember which one of us who was saying that the monarch APPOINTED the prime minister!!!!

Let me check...

Oh, that was me!

Wait, wait, that is that tricky definition of appointed that you (et al.) insisted was the "technically correct" meaning of the word...

And then you (et al.) INSISTED that the prime minister was ELECTED by the Parliament.

(putting aside, the PM is "elected" by part of the (sometimes) majority party of the hOUSE OF cOMMONS.

GOSH! there I go again... being..."factually" correct...

Location hidden

#44683 Dec 12, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
In other words, the Tory elite majority decided
"decided"?

Please explain this "majority"!

!!!!!!!!!!

You mean... not elected?

Do tell!

Location hidden

#44684 Dec 12, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
The easiest way to deal with him is to respond only to his first post.
Right.

Your hundreds of responses speaking louder than your lying words.

Location hidden

#44685 Dec 12, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Have you stopped raping children? Yes or no?
Have you, SuperFAG?

Location hidden

#44686 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Prove it cocksucker.
I point to the stains on your pillowcases, and to your sticky gums.

Location hidden

#44687 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Tell me how many British children have been arrested for not attending “compulsory” worship?
How many times to I have to explain to you, Sticky, that the law in the UK requires "public" schools *provide* religious worship, not that it forces children to attend?

I understand it is beyond you- that having a school by law provide religious worship is government establishment of (in the UK ) state religion.

Location hidden

#44688 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Prove it cocksucker.
Temper, temper!

Between the two of us, BTW, you are the one that notices the drips.
enquirer mind

Des Plaines, IL

#44689 Dec 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I point to the stains on your pillowcases, and to your sticky gums.
I point to the skid mark in your shorts in the front and back!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Location hidden

#44690 Dec 12, 2012
enquirer mind wrote:
<quoted text> I point to the skid mark in your shorts in the front and back!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!
I point to the skid marks running across your lips, top and bottom, and do not wonder why you aren't clever enough to stick to one alias.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#44691 Dec 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Why is it that I can respond to the yes or no question: Is the United KING_dom a monarchy? without hesitation or difficulty?
You are a freakin' idiot.

Location hidden

#44692 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You are a freakin' idiot.
And you are a real freaking HO.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#44693 Dec 12, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Over here, bullshit is free.
And plentiful.
You do get more than you can swallow , for less than nothing even.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#44694 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You are a freakin' idiot.
The funny bit is, he's the only one making the claims he's so noisily refuting.

That's not just a strawman, it's a straw village.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#44695 Dec 13, 2012
Anyone got a light?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The funny bit is, he's the only one making the claims he's so noisily refuting.
That's not just a strawman, it's a straw village.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#44696 Dec 13, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Anyone got a light?
<quoted text>
I was thinking more of the Wicker Man, and a real bonfire...
Thinking

Andover, UK

#44697 Dec 13, 2012
Well, it wasn't a brilliant harvest this year, was it?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I was thinking more of the Wicker Man, and a real bonfire...
SupaAFC

Sheffield, UK

#44698 Dec 13, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
GOSH!
Let's try to remember which one of us who was saying that the monarch APPOINTED the prime minister!!!!
Let me check...
Oh, that was me!
Only that you referenced Macmillan because you thought that the Queen, on her own, selected him as PM. As the link showed, she did not - she fulfilled her ceremonial obligation of appointing a politician who was selected by the majority of elite Conservative figures.

So once again, Barefoot, you are simply wrong that the Queen is a serious political player in our system.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, wait, that is that tricky definition of appointed that you (et al.) insisted was the "technically correct" meaning of the word...
Macmillian was a unique case because the Conservatives at the time had no system of replacing their leaders. They, not the Queen, decided that Macmillan would be the next PM. Just like Labour decided that Gordon Brown would replace Tony Blair.

It really is that simple to understand.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And then you (et al.) INSISTED that the prime minister was ELECTED by the Parliament.
Wrong. Whenever you have brought up your dead horse about the PM's election I have simply restated that like the other 649 MPS, he is elected by his constituency voters.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
(putting aside, the PM is "elected" by part of the (sometimes) majority party of the hOUSE OF cOMMONS.
For the exact same reason that Democratic and Republican delegates select presidential candidates: to appeal to as many voters as possible.

Political campaigning 101.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
GOSH! there I go again... being..."factually" correct...
Translation: there Barefoot goes again finding a unique case where a PM was selected by party elites, but because the Queen did her usual role of rubber-stamping their decision, he believes that she must have therefore selected Macmillan all by herself.
why hah

Des Plaines, IL

#44699 Dec 13, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a real freaking HO.
Why do you's old guys always pissss down your own leg?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 44 min Eagle 12 7,180
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr waaasssuuup 238,888
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 2 hr superwilly 80
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 9 hr karl44 7,431
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 10 hr thetruth 29
News .com | What hope is there without God? Wed Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed thetruth 2,171
More from around the web