In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
43,081 - 43,100 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They shouldn't: you are the one with the complete oral experience here.
He barfy butt breath I am not the one sporting a drippydick, tell me how do you reconcile your guesswork and lies with your JW god Jehovah watching every thing you do?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
Second more than 50% of US schoolchildren are required by state law to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, rabbiting on that they are part
The pledge has the words "under God" in it.

So?

Tell me: out of the tens of millions of children who recite the pledge, how many have been arrested in the history of time for not reciting it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
First there is a law but it is not upheld
Ah... now I guess after posting the law fifty times you acknowledge that the law exists.

As I pointed out 49 times, it matters not that SOME schools do not obey the law, just as it does not matter that most people exceed the speed law when I say the law exists.

In comparing the religious influence of the church, the FACT that your STATE church has enough influence on legislators and of course the head of state being the head of the state religion approving the law goes to the comparison to the US constitution which BANS such influence.

US... having a constitution...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
He barfy butt breath I am not the one sporting a drippydick,
Between the two: you are the only one that has had one in her mouth.

Okay, Honey?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can start by revoking the law that requires religious worship in tax-funded schools?
Something which would be banned over here in the USA.
But of course: the majority of SUBJECTS in the United KING_dom are Christian, still, I guess you read into the numbers what you want to read.
PS: I see followers of Jedi outnumber Atheists 6 to 1, with the atheists coming in at a fraction of one percent.
No need, the law is more or less defunct anyway

Why do you lie? Pledge of allegiance ring any bells?

Yes and down 18%, isnít life great.

And 25% of the population are now non religious.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pledge has the words "under God" in it.
So?
Tell me: out of the tens of millions of children who recite the pledge, how many have been arrested in the history of time for not reciting it?
Yes so, what happens if you donít happen to believe in any god does that mean you have to lie to be American?

Tell me how many British children have been arrested for not attending ďcompulsoryĒ worship?

You want comparison then compare apples and apples

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
He barfy butt breath I am not the one sporting a drippydick, tell me how do you reconcile your guesswork and lies with your JW god Jehovah watching every thing you do?
I imagine the same way you managed to get through your day praying to your lord Satan help guide you with what decisions you make.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah... now I guess after posting the law fifty times you acknowledge that the law exists.
As I pointed out 49 times, it matters not that SOME schools do not obey the law, just as it does not matter that most people exceed the speed law when I say the law exists.
In comparing the religious influence of the church, the FACT that your STATE church has enough influence on legislators and of course the head of state being the head of the state religion approving the law goes to the comparison to the US constitution which BANS such influence.
US... having a constitution...
WTF is wrong with you, I have always acknowledged it exists, I have also acknowledged that it is not implemented but hey if you want to argue about what I said and what I didnít say thatís just fine. Go got it

Influence? Yehhh, rightÖ With 760 lords and almost 650 in the commons (thatís just over 1400 members) I donít think 25 lords spiritual will have too much influence, now be honest, do you?

And again you show your ignorance of the British constitution, the monarch is above politics and has no influence on political decisions
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Between the two: you are the only one that has had one in her mouth.
Okay, Honey?
Prove it cocksucker. Thatís what I like to see, more barfy butt face lies to destroy what little credibility you have left yourself

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No need, the law is more or less defunct anyway
Amended in 2010.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<
Why do you lie? Pledge of allegiance ring any bells?
The sun rises in the east. School children in the US recite the ledge of allegiance.

I can tell you from personal experience, when 30 children bleat "under God" in the morning, the sky does open up and a light fall down from the heavens.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The sun rises in the east. School children in the US recite the ledge of allegiance.
I can tell you from personal experience, when 30 children bleat "under God" in the morning, the sky does open up and a light fall down from the heavens.
The same sky opens, the same light falls whether it's children or sheep. Only the ego of Godbot's makes it into a special show, put on by the Creator of the Universe for your personal enjoyment. What an ego!
SupaAFC

Kinross, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the United KING.......dom a monarchy, yes or no?
Have you stopped raping children? Yes or no?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is wrong with you, I have always acknowledged it exists
I'm not the one who is insisting the sun doesn't rise in the east.

I'm the one who said the United KING_dom is a monarchy, and you (et al.) are the ones insisting otherwise.

You want to pretend that uttering the words "under God" is some kind of Christian patronage in the USA but you live in a country that has a LAW requiring Christian worship in 'public' schools -actual PRAYER- and a country that has a STATE religion and a country whose head of state is the head of that state religion.

It's hard to take you seriously, Skanque.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RHill wrote:
What an ego!
GotBot or NotBot: same kind of animal.
SupaAFC

Kinross, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prime Minister Macmillan...
Taking a break from responding only to your first of many convoluted posts to address another failure:

"The Queen appointed Macmillan Prime Minister after taking advice from Winston Churchill and Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 5th Marquess of Salisbury, who had asked the Cabinet individually for their opinions, all but two or three of them opting for Macmillan."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Macmillan...

In other words, the Tory elite majority decided on Macmillan. The Queen, as per usual, rubber stamped it.
SupaAFC

Kinross, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww but itís fun to make him rant his BS about things he is clueless about. However I am getting a little tired of showing him facts only for him to repeatedly effectively reply thatís not the answer he wanted because it does not agree with his wet dreams and hatred
The easiest way to deal with him is to respond only to his first post. Barefoot's tactic is to substitute quality with quantity so tries his upmost to overwhelm people with waves of posts that do not really differ much at all.

Barefoot: everybody's favourite manchild whack-a-mole.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking a break from responding only to your first of many convoluted posts to address another failure:
"The Queen appointed Macmillan Prime Minister after taking advice from Winston Churchill and Robert Gascoyne-Cecil...
GOSH!

Let's try to remember which one of us who was saying that the monarch APPOINTED the prime minister!!!!

Let me check...

Oh, that was me!

Wait, wait, that is that tricky definition of appointed that you (et al.) insisted was the "technically correct" meaning of the word...

And then you (et al.) INSISTED that the prime minister was ELECTED by the Parliament.

(putting aside, the PM is "elected" by part of the (sometimes) majority party of the hOUSE OF cOMMONS.

GOSH! there I go again... being..."factually" correct...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
In other words, the Tory elite majority decided
"decided"?

Please explain this "majority"!

!!!!!!!!!!

You mean... not elected?

Do tell!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
The easiest way to deal with him is to respond only to his first post.
Right.

Your hundreds of responses speaking louder than your lying words.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
Have you stopped raping children? Yes or no?
Have you, SuperFAG?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
Prove it cocksucker.
I point to the stains on your pillowcases, and to your sticky gums.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Buck Crick 224,656
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr ChristineM 851
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 2 hr John 70,965
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Buck Crick 261
Talking some sense into you people... 3 hr Buck Crick 29
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Magyar 101 21,407
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 5 hr CunningLinguist 30
•••
•••