In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44646 Dec 11, 2012
[QUOTE who="macumazahn"
Yes, the UK is a ceremonial monarchy.[/QUOTE]

The United KING_dumb is a monarchy.

The monarch can dissolve the elected parliament- no one else has this power.

The monarch approves all statutes of law- no one else has this power.

The monarch may declare war or treaties, without input form Parliament.

The monarch can (and does) appoint the prime minister- no one else has this power.

The "electorate" have absolutely NO SAY in who is the head of state nor in who is the prime minister.

The monarch is **above the law** and has crown immunity.

If the monarch's prerogatives were associated with ANY OTHER COUNTRY on the face of the earth, you would have absolutely no difficulty in declaring that country a monarchy.

Putting aside I don't give two sh!ts whether you do or don't.

The UK is a monarchy.

Location hidden

#44647 Dec 11, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh:
Yes, there is a Church of England.
Yes.

The United KING_dom has an ESTABLISHED OFFICIAL STATE CHURCH: Church of England.

And the head of state is the head of the state religion.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#44648 Dec 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The United KING_dumb is a monarchy.
The monarch can dissolve the elected parliament- no one else has this power.
The monarch approves all statutes of law- no one else has this power.
The monarch may declare war or treaties, without input form Parliament.
The monarch can (and does) appoint the prime minister- no one else has this power.
The "electorate" have absolutely NO SAY in who is the head of state nor in who is the prime minister.
The monarch is **above the law** and has crown immunity.
If the monarch's prerogatives were associated with ANY OTHER COUNTRY on the face of the earth, you would have absolutely no difficulty in declaring that country a monarchy.
Putting aside I don't give two sh!ts whether you do or don't.
The UK is a monarchy.
Who's arguing otherwise?

The Borderland of Sol

#44649 Dec 11, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
The United KING_dom has an ESTABLISHED OFFICIAL STATE CHURCH: Church of England.
Who's arguing otherwise?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#44651 Dec 11, 2012
How much bull shit do you get to an English pound vs the American dollar?
Thinking

Andover, UK

#44652 Dec 12, 2012
Money saving tip for both sides of the pond: with bsfoot, the BS comes free.
Aura Mytha wrote:
Thinking

Andover, UK

#44653 Dec 12, 2012
Did you see the England and Wales 2011 Census results? "No religious affiliation" up 83% on 2001.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Who's arguing otherwise?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#44654 Dec 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to all like personal experience, I defer to your expertise in this one instance.
Your experience and your drippydick does not concern me
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a yes or no question.
Are there one hundred pennies in a dollar, yes or no?
PS: I can't help but notice you fail to contradiction anyone saying that the UK is NOT a monarchy.
Funny how that is.
PS: I have exactly the same say so in the appointment of the UK prime minister as do you.
And I have repeatedly answered you “yes”, yes the UK is a monarchy but you have repeatedly (for dome imbecilic reason) ignored that reply so I have had to try it in other languages to no avail and I have gone into the technicalities to no avail.

Let me try one more time by shouting and see if that gets throughout your thick syphilis addled skull – Y E S, The UK is a monarchy.

P.S. Why would I want to lie just to satisfy you twisted and bloated ego?

P.P.S Come on, your own words “I have exactly the same say so in the appointment of the UK prime minister as do you.” now all you have to do is prove that you can VOTE for a British MP
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the rule that the Queen appoints the PM.
Do show us all ONE PM who hasn't been appointed by the monarch in the last two hundred years or so.
One is not enough, the entire electoral sequence is required rather than just the full stop at the end (period).

BTW The constituency of Whitney has more than 75,000 VOTERS, all had the chance to VOTE for David Cameron. He was ELECTED leader of the conservative party prior to the general election therefore each and every one of those VOTERS knew that if the conservatives won the ELECTION then David Cameron would presented to the queen as PM and the queen would rubber stamp his position.

Nope not ”yes or no”, not “black or white”, because unfortunately for your pedantic ranting democracy and people are involved

#44655 Dec 12, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no point even playing with the charade that the Queen has a choice to make. Barefoot knows as much as the rest of us that she is a ceremonial rubber stamper. The Queen has no choice to make and has no intention of even having a choice due to her and the monarchy's respect for the democratic apparatus of our political system.
Aww but it’s fun to make him rant his BS about things he is clueless about. However I am getting a little tired of showing him facts only for him to repeatedly effectively reply that’s not the answer he wanted because it does not agree with his wet dreams and hatred

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#44656 Dec 12, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Did you see the England and Wales 2011 Census results? "No religious affiliation" up 83% on 2001.
<quoted text>
Yes indeed.

Levels of non-belief and atheism that America just doesn't have. Well, not yet anyway.

Give them time and I have no doubt they'll get there.

#44657 Dec 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya don't.
Here ya go, troll:
'Collective Worship
The law in England and Wales provides that children at all maintained schools "shall on each school day take part in an act of collective worship". In community schools, the worship must be wholly or mainly of a Christian character. In Academies and free schools the arrangements will depend on the funding agreement, which will usually have a compulsory worship element built in.
Britain is the only Western democracy to require worship in non-religious publicly funded schools.'
clip
Jesus fooking christ on a crutch, you must be christian to reboot and start old, discredited arguments again and again so easily

We have been here before – several times

First there is a law but it is not upheld, but of course you cherry picking pedanticism makes no allowance for humanity and culture does it

the mixed nature of British culture makes the law impossible to uphold and it possibly violates the human rights treaty, signed by the UK. Parental and older pupils objections are also considered.

Second more than 50% of US schoolchildren are required by state law to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, rabbiting on that they are part of “one nation under God” i.e. forced to recognise that the US is a religious state.

#44658 Dec 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
About 1.61 times more USD BS as GBP BS

#44659 Dec 12, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
It work out that christianity is down 18% in 10 years, won’t be long now

The Borderland of Sol

#44660 Dec 12, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Oh, good.

We agree.

Go away.

The Borderland of Sol

#44661 Dec 12, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed.
Levels of non-belief and atheism that America just doesn't have. Well, not yet anyway.
Give them time and I have no doubt they'll get there.
I have the oddest suspicion that the reality is a bit bigger than the poll numbers suggest...

Hi, Khat.
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#44662 Dec 12, 2012
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats because the human race are smarter than they were before.They now know the bible was written by dehydrated goat herders that were spaced out of their minds from the desert heat.Now we need hands on proof not dreams and fairytales.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#44663 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
About 1.61 times more USD BS as GBP BS
LOL

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#44664 Dec 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Over here, bullshit is free.

And plentiful.

Location hidden

#44665 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your experience and your drippydick does not concern me
They shouldn't: you are the one with the complete oral experience here.

Location hidden

#44666 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It work out that christianity is down 18% in 10 years, won’t be long now
Maybe you can start by revoking the law that requires religious worship in tax-funded schools?

Something which would be banned over here in the USA.

But of course: the majority of SUBJECTS in the United KING_dom are Christian, still, I guess you read into the numbers what you want to read.

PS: I see followers of Jedi outnumber Atheists 6 to 1, with the atheists coming in at a fraction of one percent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 min thetruth 113
Atheism does not exist at all 6 min thetruth 4
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 7 min Eagle 12 2,259
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min ChristineM 232,733
America Commits Suicide (Nov '12) 7 min thetruth 12
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 30 min _Bad Company 23,176
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 34 min _Bad Company 1,440
More from around the web