In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 2,153)

Showing posts 43,041 - 43,060 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that you have once again cherry picked yet ignored the fact that I have repeatedly answered your question
Follow the thread, Skanque.

I'm not the one who insists the United Kingdom is NOT a monarchy.

I'm not the one who thinks all yes or no questions are loaded questions.

PS: I have always know the answer to this question: Yes or no, is the United King_dom a monarchy. I haven't budged a fraction of an inch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="ChristineM"
No, not one word and I am not interested in your response or your silly imaginings, it is of little use and made my one of limited intellect and no comprehension of the British political system.
[/QUOTE]

You mean the way I insist the prime minister of the United KING_dom is appointed by the monarch because in actual fact the prime minister of the United KING_dom is appointed by the monarch?

Yes or no?

Because I would like to make sure you understand I am the one who is saying the prime minister of the United KING_dom is appointed by the monarch.

And you are saying I don't understand the 'system'.

Yes or no, prime minister of the United KING_dom is appointed by the monarch?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
To the extent that I have answered not only in English but in several; other languages including computer languages My dearest drippydick, I am sick and tired of answering your inane question.
I am sure drippydicks have left a bad taste in your mouth, you seem to remember well. I guess that series of shots made an impression, eh?

The prime minister of the UK isn't elected into that office.

You are not ready for other languages, it isn't hard to understand in English.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the thread, Skanque.
I'm not the one who insists the United Kingdom is NOT a monarchy.
I'm not the one who thinks all yes or no questions are loaded questions.
PS: I have always know the answer to this question: Yes or no, is the United King_dom a monarchy. I haven't budged a fraction of an inch.
Nor am I butt breath

I am not the one who thinks everything is black and white, have you ever seen a grey cloud?

No, nor have I, the fact that its one of the very few questions you pose that we agree on perhaps has something to do with it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the way I insist the prime minister of the United KING_dom is appointed by the monarch because in actual fact the prime minister of the United KING_dom is appointed by the monarch?
Yes or no?
Because I would like to make sure you understand I am the one who is saying the prime minister of the United KING_dom is appointed by the monarch.
And you are saying I don't understand the 'system'.
Yes or no, prime minister of the United KING_dom is appointed by the monarch?
How many times do I need to repeat the same answer?

Think grey, not yes or no, a lot of democracy has to be seen to have happened before the queen gives her agreement. That is the part that you are deliberately ignoring because it does niot suite you agenda tough

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure drippydicks have left a bad taste in your mouth, you seem to remember well. I guess that series of shots made an impression, eh?
The prime minister of the UK isn't elected into that office.
You are not ready for other languages, it isn't hard to understand in English.
You would know, I have never tried one and have no intention of tasting you disease ridden drippydick, tell me what it taste like

Read the rules of parliament

I have already replied in other languages, you though seem incapable of understanding any
asian laundry boy

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you projecting, NymHO? Why do you come all this way just to spew hared, and to make up lies? Your unemployment leave time on your hands?
We try and try but can not remove your skid mark from shorts!!! What do you eat man? Your skid mark is like the shroud of tarin!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You would know, I have never tried one and have no intention of tasting you disease ridden drippydick
Sounds to all like personal experience, I defer to your expertise in this one instance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do I need to repeat the same answer?
Think grey, not yes or no
It is a yes or no question.

Are there one hundred pennies in a dollar, yes or no?

PS: I can't help but notice you fail to contradiction anyone saying that the UK is NOT a monarchy.

Funny how that is.

PS: I have exactly the same say so in the appointment of the UK prime minister as do you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
Read the rules of parliament
I read the rule that the Queen appoints the PM.

Do show us all ONE PM who hasn't been appointed by the monarch in the last two hundred years or so.
SupaAFC

Kinross, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Call when you learn what a loaded question is.
Best of luck on your ESL classes!
Call when your arguments stop relying on fallacies.
SupaAFC

Kinross, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
he is then presented to the monarch who may or may not approve his appointment as leader of that party and hence become PM.
There is no point even playing with the charade that the Queen has a choice to make. Barefoot knows as much as the rest of us that she is a ceremonial rubber stamper. The Queen has no choice to make and has no intention of even having a choice due to her and the monarchy's respect for the democratic apparatus of our political system.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Did you see the 2011 Census results?

"No religious affiliation" up 83%(6.3m) from 2001, christianity down 4.1m from 2001.

So other religions are losing believers too.

"The number of residents who stated that their religion was Christian in 2011 was fewer than in 2001. The size of this group decreased 13 percentage points to 59 per cent (33.2 million) in 2011 from 72 per cent (37.3 million) in 2001. The size of the group who stated that they had no religious affiliation increased by 10 percentage points from 15 per cent (7.7 million) in 2001 to 25 per cent (14.1 million) in 2011." - www.ons.gov.uk
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the United KING.......dom a monarchy, yes or no?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no point even playing with the charade that the Queen has a choice to make.
AS I have already proved: the monarch APPOINTS the PM.

I don't have to make you admit that I have slapped the snot out of you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
The Queen has no choice to make
The Queen has every choice to make. She does not have to appoint the candidate selected by what is often a minority party in the House of Commons, they offer a candidate which she may (or may not) appoint.

The reason you cannot refute this is you are wrong and I am right.
dr fill

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
UUUMMM,Your proctoligist called he said you have a dead gerbal lodged in your anal canal.OUCH!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
The Queen has no choice to make
Prime Minister Macmillan...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Now the UK is even LESS religious than the US than it was before:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22464...

Imagine that.
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The monarch dors not appoint the prone minister, he is elected by the people and then the queen approves it, the queen has to approve whoever the people elect, she doesn't have a choice, van you give me one instance where the queen refuses to approve the prime minister that the people elected, the queen has absolutely no power in british politics, she is a rubber stamper, if I waa you o woild be more worried about the shocking lack if democracy in USA, where your leader is APPOINTED by the aristocratic elite, and not worry about a real democracy like Britain, you wish you were as free and democratic as britain, but unfortunately you are not, it must be a cultural failing of America, and why so many of the worlds democratic counyries are bases on the British parliamentary system, and not the defunct American system, basically its because ours is better, and we are freer

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 43,041 - 43,060 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••