In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 47711 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44576 Dec 9, 2012
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> I heard
Do you have anything besides this fascination with poop?

just curious...
SupaAFC

Glasgow, UK

#44578 Dec 9, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you can look up "straw man".
Sure, once you look up "sarcasm".
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
But first... learn what a loaded question means...
BEST OF LUCK!
I know what a loaded question is. I also know that when dishonest people are cornered they will resort to dishonest measures to justify dishonest claims.

Your question implies that our monarchy is above the status of relic. It is not. Our Queen's duty is to wave, smile and visit hospitals while all the political decisions are made by democratically-elected MPS at the Commons.

If my stance was as outdated and trivial as yours, then I would frankly save face rather than resort to loaded questions and ad homs to defend it.

Location hidden

#44579 Dec 9, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
I know what a loaded question is.
Clearly: you don't.

You are thinking that all yes or no questions are 'loaded'.

Clearly, you are thinking that just because you cannot respond without looking to be a liar or an idiot must be "loaded".

The thing is, SuperFag... you are both.

An idiot, and as I proved: a liar.

Is the United KING_dom a monarchy?

Yes... of course.

Can you respond to the question? Gosh... not without looking the fool.

Whose fault is that, SuperFag?

Location hidden

#44580 Dec 9, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Your question implies that our monarchy is...
The question "There are one hundred pennies in a dollar, yes or no?" has no implications.

There are one hundred pennies in a dollar, I can announce in full voice.

Is the United KING_dom a monarchy, yes or no?

Location hidden

#44581 Dec 9, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Your question implies ...
Nothing.

Does "there are one hundred pennies in a dollar, yes or no?" imply anything?

As we both know: The United KING_dom is a monarchy,

And you are stuck trying to not respond.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#44583 Dec 10, 2012
That death penalty doesn't do them any favours, either.
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, once you look up "sarcasm".
<quoted text>
I know what a loaded question is. I also know that when dishonest people are cornered they will resort to dishonest measures to justify dishonest claims.
Your question implies that our monarchy is above the status of relic. It is not. Our Queen's duty is to wave, smile and visit hospitals while all the political decisions are made by democratically-elected MPS at the Commons.
If my stance was as outdated and trivial as yours, then I would frankly save face rather than resort to loaded questions and ad homs to defend it.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#44584 Dec 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you have right, Skanque, is the title of 'biitch'.
And you wear that crown.
My dearest drippydick, why must you cherry pick to make yourself feel better?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been waiting for you to explain the complexity of how you get to vote for either the Queen or the PM... since I'm stuck with the fact that you do neither.
Which you are unable to disprove because... you do neither...
As I have repeatedly told you we don’t get to vote for the queen – monarchy – remember you are always shouting this fact, it’s one of the few things you actually get correct about the UK. The queen holds the position she holds because her forefathers were the bigger murdering bastards than the opposition. Over the centuries we’ve tried alternatives and returned to the status quo.

I have explained several times how the PM gets to be voted PM. But in your typical pedantic, foot stomping, mucus dribbling way you have ignored that because it does not fit in with your wet dreams, c'est la vie
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dipping into the sherry again, eh, Skanque?
No, darling, I lead you and Packy through the maze when Packy starting insisting the British captured the U505 even after I corrected him and you only discovered that one model was captured in the U110 and only after I insisted that other models had been captured early a few dozen times that you tried to move the goal posts to cover your error, and now hoping that someone will believe what you meant to say was "working model", putting aside the Brits had captured two complete models plus spare parts months earlier.
You do remember your tirade insisting that fictional movie used creative license and insisted that I was confused by this movie I had never seen let alone would be confused by the fact that sometimes things that happen in fictional moves are... what is the word I am searching for?
oh... yes... fictional.
Dream on. You may deceive yourself with racism and BS but that’s your problem. Facts do not change because you have wet dreams.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar, I absolutely said no such thing.
I said the Americans captured an enigma.
Here (AGAIN) is your big chance and I offered it to you before: You show everyone here that I said Americans captured the first enigma machine and I'll stop posting on this thread.
Make sure you include the link to the actual post because we all know very well you are under the impression that you paraphrasing what you think you remember me saying is the same as a quote.
One two three go!
No I am not.
You said “the” and I quote –…“ who captured the U505 and got ***the*** Enigma machine “…
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Notice the wording?

Now we wait and see if you are as truthful as we think you are.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure drippydicks have left a dreadful taste in your mouth, which I am sure everyone understands me when I say means something owing to you being raised on British cuisine, but it means nothing to me. We were warned about English girls before we went on liberty and for the most part, ignored the warnings knowing we could get a shot and it would clear right up.
I wouldn’t know drippydick, you are the one who seems to know what a drippydick tastes like. Tell me how many Michelin star restaurants does the US have per capita?

So now you are saying that you have been to Britain, how contrary you are. You are male, you are female, you are male, you have been to the UK, you have never been to the UK, you have been to the UK. I suppose this is your JW training in being caught out in obvious lies and deceit

And of course this explains where the outbreak of the American decease came from. Thank you for being so honest for once.

#44585 Dec 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dated?
Is that what you call it?
Funny how you are so well-versed in the symptoms of gonorrhea.
What did you tell him? You got it from riding a bicycle seat? Swimming pool?
Jealousy will get you nowhere, you will never manage a stable relationship because you simply do not have the personality to compromise with one you love. You don’t have the personality for much really so it’s understandable.

Is that what drippydicks are caused by, funny how you are so well versed in the symptoms of gonorrhoea.

And in your previous post you mention where you acquired your American disease. What did yopu mummy tell you about going last in the queue?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us.
I've asked you a few dozen times when you voted for the PM.
I say the PM is appointed.
One of us is right.
But first: show us all where I said the US Navy captured the first enigma machine.
Show us?- http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... The majority of the thread is your hilarious posts, many of which are commentary on your personally ignorant view of British politics

I don’t give a toss what you say, most of what you say is simply pedantic BS and I told you a dozen times how the PM is voted for, not my fault you ignored that

Ok yes and look at the wording of your post
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

#44586 Dec 10, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
Christine M has taken an elaborate, damning and metaphorical sh*t on each and everyone of barefoot's armchair mumblings. Grade A stuff right here.
Thank you for your kind words

#44587 Dec 10, 2012
what the heck wrote:
<quoted text> Hey old timer,Did your fart or shit yourself?
It is said that when you get to barfy butt face’s age you should

never pass up a bathroom,

never waste a hard-on,(although I’m not sure that his multiple sexually transmitted diseases allow him an erection after so much time without treatment)

and the one that prompted me to reply to your post - never trust a fart

Location hidden

#44588 Dec 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
As I have repeatedly told you we don’t get to vote for the queen
As I have repeatedly told you that the sun comes up in the east and that in fictional movies, the events portrayed are fictional.

I'm not the one who has difficulty in answering this question: Is the United KING_dom a monarchy, yes or no?

Location hidden

#44589 Dec 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
I have explained several times how the PM gets to be voted PM.
I continue to correct you.

The prime minister isn't voted in, he is APPOINTED.

By the Queen.

And subjects of the monarch have absolutely no say it it. None.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#44590 Dec 10, 2012
You are making bsfoot look like a total wanker.
Maybe it gives him an erection, he seems addicted to your beatings.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind words

Location hidden

#44591 Dec 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
I wouldn’t know drippydick, you are the one who seems to know what a drippydick tastes like.
Obviously: you are the one who spent time looking at it, eyeball to "eyeball", eh, Skanque? Must be an ever present mental picture...

Location hidden

#44592 Dec 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealousy will get you nowhere, you will never manage a stable relationship
I know you have spent a lot of time on the government paid for couch, and you think that makes you an expert on relationships but you don't have a clue.

And you really don't have enough time to continue to post on stuff you don't have a clue on- why not stick to say ten or a dozen things? e.g., the UK government and history and the English language?

Location hidden

#44593 Dec 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Is that what drippydicks are caused by, funny how you are so well versed in the symptoms of gonorrhoea..
You seem to know what 'gonorrhoea' tastes like.

Whatever floats your NotBot boat, shug...

Location hidden

#44594 Dec 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
The majority of the thread is your hilarious posts, many of which are commentary on your personally ignorant view of British politics
I'm not the one who pretends the prime minister is elected.

Location hidden

#44595 Dec 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
never waste a hard-on,(although I’m not sure that his multiple sexually transmitted diseases allow him an erection after so much time without treatment)
Take your meds, Skanque. Over in the UK, the cost for you girls on the dole should not be a factor.

Location hidden

#44596 Dec 10, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
I don’t give a toss what you say, most of what you say is simply pedantic BS and I told you a dozen times how the PM is voted for
Appointed.

Not know this surely highlights your ignorance of how the MONARCHY of the United KING_dom works.
SupaAFC

Stirling, UK

#44597 Dec 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly: you don't.
If that were the case then you would not keep running away from my posts explaining loaded questions. But, you do, because I know what loaded questions are and know what I am talking about.

Thus, you run away.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are thinking that all yes or no questions are 'loaded'.
Nope. I addressed your 100 pennies analogy weeks ago that you chose to ignore.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, you are thinking that just because you cannot respond without looking to be a liar or an idiot must be "loaded".
Nope. This would be a problem on your part thus explaining why you argue facetiously with waves upon waves of ad homs to defend feeble arguments.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, SuperFag... you are both.
An idiot, and as I proved: a liar.
Then why do you keep running away from the issue of loaded questions?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the United KING_dom a monarchy?
Yes... of course.
Can you respond to the question? Gosh... not without looking the fool.
If you were arguing that Britain is a monarchy only in title then there would be no issue. But that is not what you are arguing. You are directly claiming that our monarchy is our system of government, and thus, you are frankly wrong.

You know this, we know this, and that is why you refuse to let go of your loaded question.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose fault is that, SuperFag?
The manchild's who cannot let go of his loaded question safety blanket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 19 min NoahLovesU 6,174
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 32 min NoahLovesU 9,232
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Uncle Sam 243,128
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Brian_G 19,746
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr ChristineM 2,283
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 11 hr superwilly 18
John 3:16 20 hr superwilly 30
More from around the web