In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
42,941 - 42,960 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't entirely ceremonial and we both know it.
The trick is to see if you want to 'admit' it.
I've already given an example (recent) but when people are unable to even allow them to say the UK is a monarchy... what is the point?
E.G., the pack of Tommies who cannot 'admit' the UK is a monarchy.
The UK is a monarchy in the sense that it has a monarch. It is a parliamentary democracy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_sy...

I am simply trying to point to a more useful understanding of the UK than that currently proffered by you. I hope one day that your understanding will be better and I think your current views seem partly motivated by some kind of antagonism? Personally I feel no animosity towards you, any other contributor, the British, USAmericans, religionists, atheists or anyone.(I'm not particularly 'British' come to that:-).

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>The following has been explained to you many times, but you don't accept it.
Why?

I don't accept it because the United KING_dom describes itself as a monarchy?

And because the head of state- if we are to force ourselves to deal FACTUALLY in this matter that the head of state is not elected as it might be in a democracy?

Do you want to pretend the POTUS isn't elected?

Because I have to put a check mark next to your name about what facts that you are able to allow yourself to concede to.

E.G.: Packy (above) won't even concede to the fact that the UK is even nominally a monarchy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
For onlookers, let me point-out again that the British constitution doesn't exist in the sense that it is unwritten.
So- if I may draw a parallel- the UK constitution does exist in the same way that Santa Claus exists?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
For onlookers, let me point-out again that the British constitution doesn't exist in the sense that it is unwritten.
Do point out the sections of the nonexisting constitution that allows the will of the people to override the written parts of the uncodified constitution that clearly allows the monarch to dismiss the government, e.g., dissolve the Parliament-, i.e., the prerogative of the monarch.

Maybe you can convince someone else that concepts that (may) exist in the thoughts of the subjects of the realm have more weight than the actual written-down, physical, on paper they can follow that says otherwise?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So- if I may draw a parallel- the UK constitution does exist in the same way that Santa Claus exists?
Santa Claus and Abrahamic god(s) are myths. That sovereignty should be seen to reside in the hearts and minds of a free people is a useful and important political concept.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu don't vote for your head of state at all: you have no say. I have EXACTLY the same amount of say in who is the head of state in the UK as you: none.
I have the same amount of say of who is the prime minister as you: none.
Zero.
You do not have a vote on who is the prime minister because the prime minister in the UK is APPOINTED.
The POTUS is ELECTED.
I have say on who is the POTUS; I am a citizen of the US.
You do not.
Let us know when you learn the difference been "appointed" and "elected" and we can move on.
No argument there, well done.

Not quite true but you would not understand the complexities of voting.

Only after he has been elected first by the voters in his constancy then by the elected members of his party can he be approved by the queen

Electoral College ring any bells?

Nope because I am not a US citizen, well spotted

Honey, I know the difference, it seem such a pity that you have so much problem with words that are after all you first language
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you been following this thread or suffer from an acute case of very short memory loss.
Why not jump back fifty pages or so and see what you said in diminishing the critical role the US played in saving your bacon.
You do remember not being able to find any proof that the Royal Navy had more ships than the US before WWII?
I know exactly what I said, if truth diminishes you glory then so be it. Itís not my problem that you dream and wet yourself whenever you big yourself up with BS.

I remember finding considerable proof that you firstly ignored and then after you had decided that you were loosing face by ignoring fact claimed it did not apply you.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a thread from the X I put on my ballot connected to who is the POTUS if I vote for the person who is ELECTED POTUS.
We- CITIZENS of the USA- do elect the POTUS, our head of state.
Do you already forget telling us the POTUS is appointed?
AS I have said repeatedly you get NO choice of who. The Electoral college appoints the runners, you get to vote for who has been elected and the 14th amendment ensures you never will get to vote for who will be appointed president
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
...Maybe you can convince someone else ..
I wish to balance what you are saying with more constructive, positive and helpful views.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Don't dish it out if you can't take it, Skanque.
Wow those biitch slaps really make you scream eh drippydick?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting, eh, Skanque?
Maybe if you had only allowed your ex to win one argument over the years? If you had only uttered the phrase "I was wrong"...
Honey, I am not the one making up the lies, thatís you. I married the 3rd guy I ever dated and am still married to him, I know you get jealous of stable relationships but thatís just thought, live with it

My goodness, you actually know the words, well done, just a little more practice and you will be able to utter them without vomiting
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER EVER said otherwise.
And you have insisted that the POTUS was appointed.
Do you want me to play back the tape, you silly t\/\/at?
So thanks for admitting that the POTUS is elected... as I have mentioned maybe fifty times.
You lying T\/\/AT, and now you actually contradict yourself in the fist 2 sentences, maybe your meds are wearing off again.

You have said it several times but you have never offered any credible data to back up what you say. Nor have you ever offered any data whatsoever that counter claims the 14th amendment reduces your right to vote.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know the minute you can prove that I am JW or Christian or Muslim or follower of the Great Spaghetti Monster or any other religion that you and your fellow NotBot bigots have ascribed to me.
Wow the first time after what 12 months that you have actually denied your faith. No need fro me to prove anything, your word is worthless and I have the posts of 3 posters to say otherwise. Thatís 3 to 1, you loose.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know or care if your children pray at school.
I do not by UK law that schools REQUIRE collective Christian worship and I PROVED it by posting the law which of course you cannot refute.
We have a speed limit on the freeway near my house which makes it unlawful to travel at 66MPH.
More people than not exceed this limit.
Yet the law stands.
Lying prat, of course you care because it proves your pedantic insistence crazy, Schools DO NOT require it, the law does but the law is out of date and civilisation, community and common sense arenít. And I posed riders to allow that law to be overridden and you (as so many times before) ignored that information because it discredits you antique view.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
OH SKANQUE! You have moved the GOALPOSTS!]
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
You told us the 'fist' enigma was captured from the submarine!
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
And it was **ME** who told you that the first enigma (S) was not captured elsewhere before the more famous capture from the submarine.
You do remember when Packy was insisting the British captured the U505 and I had to inform him it was the Americans who captured the U505 and you jumped into the conversation without reading as you always do screaming that I was wrong?
And that you tried to recover by insisting the Brits captured the fist' enigma from a submarine and I informed you that even that was wrong?
Take your meds -Yes I did say the forst fully woking Enigma was captured form a submarine, the U110 was captured by the HMS Bulldog in May 1941 and it was me along with links that showed the previous successes were incomplete machines. No I donít remember Straa (you racist godbot) sating anything about the U505, I do remember you saying that the yanks captured the first enigma and going on in subsequent post about the U505. I also remember you accusing me of talking about the U505 and making claims I was not even aware of but hey thatís was simply more of you lies.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA had more ships, as I proved with my post and you were unable to disprove, outside the blip when the USA gave the UK fifty destroyers to fight in the Battle of the ATlantic for access to UK bases.
You know, when you were insisting the US did little in turning back the AXIS in WWII...
No you proved that in 1937 the US had more ships, And I proved and you first ignored and second refused to acknowledge that in 1937 the UK had more ships

Ahh you mean like when the US was supplying the Allied forces with armaments and the Axis forces with fuel? Like when chase Manhattan bank was investing in the Axis war effort. Actually I said that the US did not do it on there own, that the US were part of a team and that the US sat on fence and supplied both sides (for a profit) until both Japan and Germany declared war on the US.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
We can both agree you made the above stupid statement.
And that I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.
Be careful you may give yourself a stroke. MY statement is factual and I have shown you evidence from financial houses, educational establishments and even governments but once again you chose the deliberately ignorant route of ignoring inconvenient fact, it does become rather tedious.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone here knows that you told us that the POTUS was appointed, Skanque.
Yes, drippydick and you have never offered and factual evidence to alter that. You have never offered any evidence at all to say the 14th amendment does not exist

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The prime minster of the UK is appointed, Odoriferous.
By the UK monarch. It is one of his/her many powers.
The UK is a monarchy. Remember?
Your ignorance of the UK political system is hilarious
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so I was right there... again... yet you said nothing when Chester said otherwise.
Wow, at last you were right for once, Ireland is West of England as I agreed and informed you of geographical lactation of some other countries compared
To England yet you needed to rant and rage about Wales for some reason.

I was not in discussion with anyone else, only a pedantic fool with a drippydick, smelly breath and an atrocious personality problem
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cast a vote for POTUS. Sometimes the person for whom I vote becomes president, sometimes he/she does not, that is how it works in a democracy.
In a monarchy, subjects have no say at all.
The UK is a monarchy, yes or no?
You had the choice of 2 candidates appointed by the electoral college, live with it
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you keep forgetting you insisted that the POTUS was appointed?
Why would I forget that fact. Itís you making stupid claims
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The actual fact is the UK (and the Allies) would have lost had it not been for the intervention of the USA.
Period.
Wrong, Would have taken longer and cost more lives.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The US was supporting the UK long before WWII was declared in spite of the the fact the US was supposedly "neutral".
Putting aside WWII in Europe was- and here is the tricky part- a European war which was a direct result of the previous European war, WWI.
Neutral and supplying both sides of the conflict. BTW ww2 started in 1939.

That is of course until Japan chose to declare war on the US. True they were followed a day later by Germany which brought the US into the ĎEuropeaní war.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Soviets were armed by whom?
Probably by the same people who fuelled the Germans.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally, Snatch block, three reliable sources that will remain nameless...
Yes barefoot2626. Still 3 anonymous words to your one anonymous words, you loose

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
I hope one day that your understanding will be better and I think your current views seem partly motivated by some kind of antagonism?
Have you followed this thread at all? Going back to the comments made by some here that the US made no or little contributions in either war?
Directed at person like me who has direct lineage (immediate family members) who have died fighting your wars? Buried in France? From both wars?
Why would you think I would be offended?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Santa Claus and Abrahamic god(s) are myths. That sovereignty should be seen to reside in the hearts and minds of a free people is a useful and important political concept.
The belief that sovereignty resides in the hears and minds of the subject of a monarchy is a myth.

In the United KING_dom it resides with the Queen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow those biitch
The only thing you have right, Skanque, is the title of 'biitch'.

And you wear that crown.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
Not quite true but you would not understand the complexities of voting.
I have been waiting for you to explain the complexity of how you get to vote for either the Queen or the PM... since I'm stuck with the fact that you do neither.

Which you are unable to disprove because... you do neither...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your meds -Yes I did say the forst fully woking Enigma was captured form a submarine, the U110 was captured by the HMS Bulldog in May 1941
Dipping into the sherry again, eh, Skanque?

No, darling, I lead you and Packy through the maze when Packy starting insisting the British captured the U505 even after I corrected him and you only discovered that one model was captured in the U110 and only after I insisted that other models had been captured early a few dozen times that you tried to move the goal posts to cover your error, and now hoping that someone will believe what you meant to say was "working model", putting aside the Brits had captured two complete models plus spare parts months earlier.

You do remember your tirade insisting that fictional movie used creative license and insisted that I was confused by this movie I had never seen let alone would be confused by the fact that sometimes things that happen in fictional moves are... what is the word I am searching for?

oh... yes... fictional.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
I do remember you saying that the yanks captured the first enigma
You are a liar, I absolutely said no such thing.

I said the Americans captured an enigma.

Here (AGAIN) is your big chance and I offered it to you before: You show everyone here that I said Americans captured the first enigma machine and I'll stop posting on this thread.

Make sure you include the link to the actual post because we all know very well you are under the impression that you paraphrasing what you think you remember me saying is the same as a quote.

One two three go!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure drippydicks have left a dreadful taste in your mouth, which I am sure everyone understands me when I say means something owing to you being raised on British cuisine, but it means nothing to me. We were warned about English girls before we went on liberty and for the most part, ignored the warnings knowing we could get a shot and it would clear right up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Honey, I am not the one making up the lies, thatís you. I married the 3rd guy I ever dated
Dated?

Is that what you call it?

Funny how you are so well-versed in the symptoms of gonorrhea.

What did you tell him? You got it from riding a bicycle seat? Swimming pool?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you followed this thread at all? Going back to the comments made by some here that the US made no or little contributions in either war?
Directed at person like me who has direct lineage (immediate family members) who have died fighting your wars? Buried in France? From both wars?
Why would you think I would be offended?
Opinionated armchair failure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance of the UK political system is hilarious
Show us.

I've asked you a few dozen times when you voted for the PM.

I say the PM is appointed.

One of us is right.

But first: show us all where I said the US Navy captured the first enigma machine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 12 min USN Atheist 35
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min ChristineM 226,167
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr fadu singh 21,492
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 2 hr religionislies 25
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 2 hr religionislies 8
100% Faith Free 7 hr religionislies 7
Our world came from nothing? 9 hr NightSerf 395
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••