In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,713

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#44473 Dec 7, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Some of you seem to make a job to discount all of Americas efforts to do anything and disregard all efforts achieved at great personal loss to the selfless acts of Americas citizens.
They also try to downplay Americas role defending the freedom of of the free world at large.
This is just as unacceptable as those who would discount the valiant efforts by those in each situation at hand.
The world fights for freedom , but never say liberty was not the cause of the Americans who died in foreign lands with great loss to self and for gain to someone else.
Even as I type this , Americans do die with no personal agenda other than for others to be free. This is what happens to those who serve this country in foreign lands , because they believe
in our right that all men be able ...like us to choose.
I will never DIS the Englishmen who fight along side us in this endeavor. The English, Irish , Scottish are men who follow the same banner of the glorious fighters in NATO who defend the western worlds way of life.
And for those who believe in these ideals with knightly honor and chivalrous as they be I salute them and they have my support in arms as well as my life if needed to defend the world I know.
America is the Ace of the Swords.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fKhTk0IynHMXX
This man would honor this and so would I.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-erhabIciSzg/T4WhCmd...
Can’t ever say I met any Brit. who denies that the American had involvement in the world wars. That was not the argument, the argument was that Americans “including you” often claim to have done it on your own, that we could not have done it with the US pulling the allies out of the sh|it. That is US propaganda and bares little relation to the facts.

Fact unless Japan and Germany has not declared war on the US then the US would have continued profiting from both sides of the conflict and it is estimated the war with German would have taken 2 to 3 years longer

Fact Germany had over extended itself in its fight with Russia, It is true that the US helped bring an earlier end to the war, however time would have seen the demise of the Nazis.

Fact the landings in France comprised of a team comprising of troops from America, Britain, Caneda, France (free French and resistance), Poland, Australia, Free Belgium, New Zealand, Norway, Czechoslovakia and Greece

So no, you did not pull is out of the sh|t, but you helped

Yes the US helped (eventually) as part of a team and from what I know, helped valiantly. And yes the US is still defending it’s version of freedom as part of a team, albeit at this time the most powerful part of that team.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#44474 Dec 7, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I think you'll stuff NZ in all formats, especially with their captain issues. Much like England had when SA were in town. I think you must be performing some strong voodoo prior to each series.
<quoted text>
Yes, I think currently we are in a league of our own. We have a fearsome batting lineup, as demonstrated both against England and Australia, anyone in the top 6 batsman can save/win a match for us.

Our bowling attack is also considered one of the finest ever seen.

Fun fact: If Dale Steyn takes a wicket in the next test he plays, he would have broken 300 wickets in 61 tests - on par with Sir Richard Hadlee and Malcolm Marshall. Only two gentlemen did it faster - Dennis Lillee (56) and Murali (58). Not bad company to be in

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#44475 Dec 7, 2012
Double Fine is off for a week. Greetings to all Double Fine's friends and fans. Stay well, all
Thinking

UK

#44476 Dec 7, 2012
Missing you already.
Double Fine wrote:
Double Fine is off for a week. Greetings to all Double Fine's friends and fans. Stay well, all

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44477 Dec 7, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I don't bother with bsfoot now.
When you don't bother about Barefoot anymore, you posts increase.

Funny how that is.

Location hidden

#44478 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here before the operative word is “indirectly”– i.e. you don’t actually vote for who will become president you vote for the person who votes for who will become president.
YOu don't vote for your head of state at all: you have no say. I have EXACTLY the same amount of say in who is the head of state in the UK as you: none.

I have the same amount of say of who is the prime minister as you: none.

Zero.

You do not have a vote on who is the prime minister because the prime minister in the UK is APPOINTED.

The POTUS is ELECTED.

I have say on who is the POTUS; I am a citizen of the US.

You do not.

Let us know when you learn the difference been "appointed" and "elected" and we can move on.

Location hidden

#44479 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Can’t ever say I met any Brit. who denies that the American had involvement in the world wars.
I guess you been following this thread or suffer from an acute case of very short memory loss.

Why not jump back fifty pages or so and see what you said in diminishing the critical role the US played in saving your bacon.

You do remember not being able to find any proof that the Royal Navy had more ships than the US before WWII?
Thinking

UK

#44480 Dec 7, 2012
Is bsfoot just another watchtower wanker?
I hadn't read his sh!t enough to pick up on that lunacy.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on, you contradict yourself so much. And lying will upset your JW god and you wont go to heaven – tought
<quoted text>
Told ya that YOU, the voter does not get to elect who will be president

Location hidden

#44481 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Been here before the operative word is “indirectly”– i.e. you don’t actually vote for who will become president you vote for the person who votes for who will become president. Which of course means that YOU don’t vote for who will become president.
There is a thread from the X I put on my ballot connected to who is the POTUS if I vote for the person who is ELECTED POTUS.

We- CITIZENS of the USA- do elect the POTUS, our head of state.

Do you already forget telling us the POTUS is appointed?

Location hidden

#44482 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
I hope you sleep well knowing that you are such a hatefully lying T\/\/AT.
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Don't dish it out if you can't take it, Skanque.

Location hidden

#44483 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Just because you wife p|ssed off and left you for a guy who can actually satisfy her is not my problem
Projecting, eh, Skanque?

Maybe if you had only allowed your ex to win one argument over the years? If you had only uttered the phrase "I was wrong"...

Location hidden

#44484 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Thank you for admitting it at last that the Electoral College votes for who will become president.
I have NEVER EVER said otherwise.

And you have insisted that the POTUS was appointed.

Do you want me to play back the tape, you silly t\/\/at?

So thanks for admitting that the POTUS is elected... as I have mentioned maybe fifty times.

Location hidden

#44485 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
And once again more JW lies, well done, your god can see everything you spew.
Let me know the minute you can prove that I am JW or Christian or Muslim or follower of the Great Spaghetti Monster or any other religion that you and your fellow NotBot bigots have ascribed to me.

Location hidden

#44486 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<
Like for instance that my children to not pray at school
I don't know or care if your children pray at school.

I do not by UK law that schools REQUIRE collective Christian worship and I PROVED it by posting the law which of course you cannot refute.

We have a speed limit on the freeway near my house which makes it unlawful to travel at 66MPH.

More people than not exceed this limit.

Yet the law stands.
Anonymous

UK

#44487 Dec 7, 2012
The British prime minister is ELECTED you dumbass, whichever party gets the most votes, their leader becomes prime minister, its called parliamentary democracy and is far superiour and more popular than the defunct American 'democracy'

Location hidden

#44488 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Like the fist working enigma machine was captured by the British in 1941
OH SKANQUE! You have moved the GOALPOSTS!]

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

You told us the 'fist' enigma was captured from the submarine!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

And it was **ME** who told you that the first enigma (S) was not captured elsewhere before the more famous capture from the submarine.

You do remember when Packy was insisting the British captured the U505 and I had to inform him it was the Americans who captured the U505 and you jumped into the conversation without reading as you always do screaming that I was wrong?

And that you tried to recover by insisting the Brits captured the fist' enigma from a submarine and I informed you that even that was wrong?

Location hidden

#44489 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Like in 1939 the Brits had the biggest navy
The USA had more ships, as I proved with my post and you were unable to disprove, outside the blip when the USA gave the UK fifty destroyers to fight in the Battle of the ATlantic for access to UK bases.

You know, when you were insisting the US did little in turning back the AXIS in WWII...

Location hidden

#44490 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Like the US bankers caused the 2007 global depression
We can both agree you made the above stupid statement.

And that I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.

Location hidden

#44491 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<
Like the Electoral College votes for who will be president, not the voters
Everyone here knows that you told us that the POTUS was appointed, Skanque.

Location hidden

#44492 Dec 7, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Like the Prime Minister is chosen by his “elected” party from persons voted by his/her constituents.
The prime minster of the UK is appointed, Odoriferous.

By the UK monarch. It is one of his/her many powers.

The UK is a monarchy. Remember?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 31 min thetruth 302
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 36 min dirtclod 14,787
why? 3 hr Gillette 63
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Lumajuice 23,499
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr thetruth 2,857
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 20 hr geezerjock 1,263
Really, God? 20 hr geezerjock 1
More from around the web