In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
42,821 - 42,840 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Hmmm...''votes' and 'ballots' and 'electors' and 'counts' and 'counting' and 'election' and 'elected...

Did you know over in the UK, the prime minster is appointed by the monarch?

The UK is a monarchy, ya know...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know jack sh*t about what it means to be British
I think I know what it must be like- short of like when you forget to wipe your shoes before you come into the house and you sit down at the computer and start smelling poo...

...but I have never pretended to be British, Septic, I don't have to be British to know that the United KINGdom is a monarchy, or eat bad food and pretend it's tasty, or to model for "This is what will happen to you if you don't brush your teeth" dentist magazines or pretend cricket is a sport.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
Nobody here give a flaying f*ck about your opinion here you sad old man. Least of all atheists.
Yet you seem to flay, eh, Septic.

Imagine what would have happened if the NotBots here had just acknowledged the fact that the UK is a monarchy and saved the forum five thousand posts.

I may be able to go for that leather seat on the garden tractor...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still part of Ireland.
Been part of Ireland for a few million years.
And is not part of Britain.
No matter how hard you stomp your feet.
And no matter how hard you stomp your feet, only Northern Ireland is under the monarchy. You're just as crazy and obsessed under this name as you are under the other name under which you outright call me a prostitute because that's the only way you can feel superior.

Look at the shit*y behavior here and on other threads (no matter what name you're using). You have nothing but an obsession to be right about everything. You're mentally deficient. You're not stupid, just mentally deficient in some very basic way that makes a human being act like a human being.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>And no matter how hard you stomp your feet, only Northern Ireland is under the monarchy.
Northern Ireland is "under" a monarchy, make sure you remind your fellow NotBots, I'm not the one who is confused, and let me know when you can find a map and tell us if Northern Ireland is part of Ireland... which is- check the map- an island to the west of England.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
You're just as crazy and obsessed under this name as you are under the other name under which you outright call me a prostitute because that's the only way you can feel superior.
I don't know what you think that this is supposed to mean, I am not judging you for how you make your income, and between the two of us- as you know- I am the only one who can say I have only posted under one name since I began posting on Topix, quite literally, I have posted under this and only this handle and don't post under my alternate personalty (ies) and pretend they don't count.

HOney.

But I am from the don't dish it out if you can't take it club, and if you want to try to lecture anyone you might want to start up yet another alias and come to us with "clean hands".
SupaAFC

Shotts, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already responded to the question I asked of you, SuperFag:
Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?
I have already established you don't know what a loaded question is.
If that were the case then you would not keep running away from explaining how your question is not loaded. But, it is, and we know why.

If you had any kind of argument then you would not desperately cling to the surface. You would not keep relying on a loaded question.

But, you do, and we know why.

Stomp stomp stomp, little Barefoot.
SupaAFC

Shotts, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You're not stupid, just mentally deficient in some very basic way that makes a human being act like a human being.
You mean act like a manchild. Barefoot has got to be the most socially inept person I have seen on this forum; even creationists, adamant that their literal beliefs are real, are not as childish or hated as this guy.

So much hate, so little else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were the case then you would not keep running away
Running away is a British trait.

Let me know when you pass the "what is a loaded question" test.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
But, it is, and we know why.
It is rather unfortunate that you waste so much time trying to insist that yes or no questions are loaded questions, SuperFag.

Are there one hundred pennies in a dollar, yes or no?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

SupaAFC wrote:
So much hate, so little else.
Poor SuperFag: slapped around, nothing left but what he can project.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to lie?
You helped, there is a major difference between doing it all by yourself and doing it in a team
What p|sses people off, particularly the other members of that team is when one section of that team lies by claiming they did it on their own.
Not only does it p|ss off the other people who were involved or whose relatives lost lives by being involved it does fookall to enhance the credibility of the US
Some of you seem to make a job to discount all of Americas efforts to do anything and disregard all efforts achieved at great personal loss to the selfless acts of Americas citizens.
They also try to downplay Americas role defending the freedom of of the free world at large.

This is just as unacceptable as those who would discount the valiant efforts by those in each situation at hand.

The world fights for freedom , but never say liberty was not the cause of the Americans who died in foreign lands with great loss to self and for gain to someone else.

Even as I type this , Americans do die with no personal agenda other than for others to be free. This is what happens to those who serve this country in foreign lands , because they believe
in our right that all men be able ...like us to choose.

I will never DIS the Englishmen who fight along side us in this endeavor. The English, Irish , Scottish are men who follow the same banner of the glorious fighters in NATO who defend the western worlds way of life.

And for those who believe in these ideals with knightly honor and chivalrous as they be I salute them and they have my support in arms as well as my life if needed to defend the world I know.

America is the Ace of the Swords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

This man would honor this and so would I.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-erhabIciSzg/T4WhCmd...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
what is that fat food and war ?
Nope...new ideas.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Hello Aura, I'm no rabid anti American, quite the reverse.

bsfoot seems to revel in creating divisions.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Some of you seem to make a job to discount all of Americas efforts to do anything and disregard all efforts achieved at great personal loss to the selfless acts of Americas citizens.
They also try to downplay Americas role defending the freedom of of the free world at large.
This is just as unacceptable as those who would discount the valiant efforts by those in each situation at hand.
The world fights for freedom , but never say liberty was not the cause of the Americans who died in foreign lands with great loss to self and for gain to someone else.
Even as I type this , Americans do die with no personal agenda other than for others to be free. This is what happens to those who serve this country in foreign lands , because they believe
in our right that all men be able ...like us to choose.
I will never DIS the Englishmen who fight along side us in this endeavor. The English, Irish , Scottish are men who follow the same banner of the glorious fighters in NATO who defend the western worlds way of life.
And for those who believe in these ideals with knightly honor and chivalrous as they be I salute them and they have my support in arms as well as my life if needed to defend the world I know.
America is the Ace of the Swords.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
This man would honor this and so would I.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-erhabIciSzg/T4WhCmd...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Yeah... insisting on posting the facts seems to be an obsession.

Imagine... insisting the UK is a monarchy! And that Ireland is west of England! And the President of the United States is actually elected!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you to be my brother , though we have never met.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He's closer to America than you think.
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Reciprocated!

I don't waste cycles on bsfoot now. Pigeon chess, and all that...
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Reciprocated!
I don't waste cycles on bsfoot now.
My traffic always picks up when you and yours start ignoring me a dozen times a day.

Maybe you and KowKow can chip in and buy a card?
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
My traffic always picks up when you and yours start ignoring me a dozen times a day.
Maybe you and KowKow can chip in and buy a card?
You are such a bore, yawn

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••