In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44361 Dec 4, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Let us instead continually live in the present!
<quoted text>
Ireland is still west of England.

I just checked Live Earth satellite.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#44362 Dec 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't, numbnuts.
It is like asking "Are there one hundred pennies in a dollar, yes or no?".
A loaded question, you dolt, no matter how hard you stomp your feet, has a "loaded" false or questionable presupposition.
Everyone in this forum knows the UK is, in fact, a monarchy. As there are 100 pennies in the dollar and, as I stated above, Ireland is an island to the west of England.
Exactly the tapdance I predicted you'd attempt.

Location hidden

#44363 Dec 4, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The "UK" is properly called "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".
Look it up, Pookie.
So what?

Do you want me to post the times you refer to it as UK?

Say $10 each?

What is the name of the island that England is on?

The Borderland of Sol

#44364 Dec 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Well, he'll try to convince you that your home country is indeed a part of the UK. Heck, he's arguing with citizens of the UK about what kind of government they have, even though they have not belabored his point about it being a monarchy.
Barefooty just needs something to cry about. His mommy won't change his diapers when he poops himself on Topix so that's all he can do.
I doubt he'll convince any Irishman of that.

After all, the Brits spent 800 years trying to do that, with considerably more resources.

It's almost sad, seeing someone so desperate for attention, and so incapable of admitting error in even the smallest matter.

The Borderland of Sol

#44365 Dec 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Ireland been moved?
Because the last I *looked* it was west of England.
I just read back, and that was never a point of contention.

Nice try at shifting the argument, though.

Location hidden

#44366 Dec 4, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that india is third rate, why is that then, in your humble opinion
If he put it as third rate, he was being kind.

I wonder Bharat would be now if the UK hadn't installed itself as ruler of the brown people of that continent?

The Borderland of Sol

#44367 Dec 4, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still part of Ireland.
Been part of Ireland for a few million years.
And is not part of Britain.
No matter how hard you stomp your feet.
You said "UK", also.

"The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Location hidden

#44368 Dec 4, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<
It's almost sad, seeing someone so desperate for attention, and so incapable of admitting error in even the smallest matter.
You mean like you refusing to admit most of the people living in Northern Ireland are Irish?
Thinking

UK

#44369 Dec 4, 2012
Correct (as I would expect of you). When we rebranded our failing Olympic team a decade ago, it became "Team UK". Some NI athletes are concerned they are not represented by that name.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The "UK" is properly called "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".
Look it up, Pookie.
Thinking

UK

#44370 Dec 4, 2012
Dumb.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like you refusing to admit most of the people living in Northern Ireland are Irish?

Location hidden

#44371 Dec 4, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Correct (as I would expect of you).
Ireland = west of England.

It was in all the papers today.
Thinking

UK

#44372 Dec 4, 2012
Sources?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was in all the papers today.

Location hidden

#44373 Dec 4, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Dumb.
Stay in school, maybe when you are done the required religious classes you will get to study geography.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#44374 Dec 4, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
America are englands people, we went to America and took our democracy and language with us, your welcome, the worlds democracies exist because of Britain and its parliamentary democracy, call me when you have achieved even as tenth as much as Britain, untill then you are a forgotten note in history, hardly remembered, and know as just a small part of the great British empire, the greatest nation in all history, you are welcome, again
You are stupid like that in thinking anything was ever free until America busted your ass down.

Location hidden

#44375 Dec 4, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You are stupid like that in thinking anything was ever free until America busted your ass down.
hey hey!

Don't you start pick on Packy, too!

He is very sensitive...
Thinking

UK

#44376 Dec 5, 2012
Before that, America wasn't free to keep slaves longer than Britain or enforce racial segregation.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You are stupid like that in thinking anything was ever free until America busted your ass down.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#44377 Dec 5, 2012
Thinking wrote:
bsfoot thinks he invented Bush and Obama from conception through to selection and reelection.
<quoted text>
India 236/6

They are in a spot of bother here. Get Dhoni, and you are into the tail.

If you can get them all out for under 300, you have got the game by the scruff of the neck
Thinking

UK

#44378 Dec 5, 2012
Looking good but still need to lose Dhoni then deliver on the batting before it's a done deal.

Plenty of time for either side to self destruct.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
India 236/6
They are in a spot of bother here. Get Dhoni, and you are into the tail.
If you can get them all out for under 300, you have got the game by the scruff of the neck

#44379 Dec 5, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Looking good but still need to lose Dhoni then deliver on the batting before it's a done deal.
Plenty of time for either side to self destruct.
<quoted text>
That is true.

Would not help your cause if you get them out for sub 300 and they skittle you out for 150.

That is why I love Test cricket - you need to be consistently good to win they game.

I like the shorter versions, ODI and T20, but they can be turned on a dime. Chris Gayle hits 27 off an over off you, and the whole complexion changes. Likewise, Dale Steyn take 3 wickets and suddenly, the momentum has shifted.

In Test cricket, the game does not turn on a dime. One over's brilliance alone would not win a match

#44380 Dec 5, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Correct (as I would expect of you). When we rebranded our failing Olympic team a decade ago, it became "Team UK". Some NI athletes are concerned they are not represented by that name.
<quoted text>
A question:

You know that the IOC are trying to get Rugby Sevens into the Olympics? After that, the IRB may move to get the fifteen-man code added as well.

Where will Ireland fall then? You and I both know that Ireland has a decent rugby team and can compete on their own.

Or will the Nations come together, to form a B&I Lions team, while Southern Ireland plays on their own?

I rather like the idea of seeing a Lions team compete at the Olympics...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Joe fortuna 232,650
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 10 min Thinking 2,162
God' existence 29 min polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 42 min polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 1 hr Geezerjock 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr _Bad Company 1,436
Australia: black magic pervert retard 2 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 4 hr ChristineM 366