In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 2,134)

Showing posts 42,661 - 42,680 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Thinking wrote:
jesus culting christ - barefoot got *that* wrong too?
Northern Ireland is part of Ireland.

Do you need to check a map?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is it you, and not I, who keeps running away from the refutation?
Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?

Who is running away, SuperFAG?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
Nope, a loaded question is a question that contains underlying assumptions that will result in misleading answers...
Nope.

I understand you are here to try your best to provide the misleading answer.

The UK is a monarchy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
... and I give you exhibit A. Britain is a monarchy only in words and ceremony.
The **UK** is a monarchy.

Britain is an island.

I give you your misleading response...

Tell me, SuperFAG: does the monarch have the power to declare war, yes or no?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
You refuse to go below the surface
I'm not the one running away from the quest, Superffffffag.

Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, he's just melting down again. He'll come back and say "Well, it's Northern IRELAND. That's Ireland!"
He'll probably say that because Northern Ireland is part both of the UK and part of Ireland.

And since you did not specify either than either is correct.

Absolutely correct.

And since we are talking about people being banned for blood, Northern Ireland is specifically appropriate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít understand much do you?
Obama was appointed by the Electoral College
Elected.

Thanks for putting the lie right up front.

NEXT!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís hard explaining to those who wonít listen and of course he has no need to listen because he thinks he knows it all
I know more than you, Skanque, that's what is important.

And I keep being right all the time, I understand how frustrating that is.

Let's see: Obama was elected, and the PM is appointed.

Give us a shout when you understand the difference.
Thinking

Pewsey, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

You did play the better cricket more of the time...

England eh? Lose all the matches they should win, then beat the Kiwis? Madhouse.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo amigo.
Australia defeated!
We claim the series 1-0.
Congrats on a splendid game of rugby, though...First team in a year to beat the Kiwi's!
Thinking

Pewsey, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

The calendar clearly stopped at 2000 for you.
You must wonder what happened to the WTC, nonce.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already refuted your "single death".
"Increase in Mad Cow Deaths Alarms Experts
By SANDRA BLAKESLEE
Published: July 25, 2000
Sign In to E-Mail
Print
Deaths from the human form of mad cow disease appear to be increasing, British health officials have reported, but they say it is still unclear whether the increase is the start of an epidemic or merely a statistical blip.
So far this year, 14 Britons have died of the disease. That is as many as died all last year, and five others are known to be dying from the disease, which is always fatal.
If the trend continues and an epidemic is in its early stages, experts estimate that as many as 500,000 Britons could die over the next 30 years from the disease, which is contracted by eating infected beef products.
Even if the numbers begin to fall or hold steady, they said, hundreds or thousands of people are going to die from the disease, called variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, which literally eats holes in the brains of its victims.
''I am worried about this year's figures,'' Dr. Roy Anderson, a zoologist from Oxford University who has studied the epidemic, told The Independent, a British newspaper, last week."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Thinking wrote:
The calendar clearly stopped at 2000 for you.
Chester, nvCJD lasts in the blood a lot longer than the batteries to the ankle bracelet you are compelled to wear.

Years.
Thinking

Pewsey, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

How many murders per 100,000 in the US? Now that's for real, nonce.

I know nonces like you live in fear but I don't.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chester, nvCJD lasts in the blood a lot longer than the batteries to the ankle bracelet you are compelled to wear.
Years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Thinking wrote:
How many murders per 100,000 in the US?
How many child molestations around your house, Chester? Do they go up as the range of your ankle bracelet goes down?

The thing about living in the UK, Chester, is everywhere you look, you are surrounded by the UK.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I know nonces like you live in fear but I don't.
The children and the parents in your neighborhood live in fear, Chester.

But then, you are the one crying about murders in the US.
wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Who cares
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already refuted your "single death".
"Increase in Mad Cow Deaths Alarms Experts
By SANDRA BLAKESLEE
Published: July 25, 2000
Sign In to E-Mail
Print
Deaths from the human form of mad cow disease appear to be increasing, British health officials have reported, but they say it is still unclear whether the increase is the start of an epidemic or merely a statistical blip.
So far this year, 14 Britons have died of the disease. That is as many as died all last year, and five others are known to be dying from the disease, which is always fatal.
If the trend continues and an epidemic is in its early stages, experts estimate that as many as 500,000 Britons could die over the next 30 years from the disease, which is contracted by eating infected beef products.
Even if the numbers begin to fall or hold steady, they said, hundreds or thousands of people are going to die from the disease, called variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, which literally eats holes in the brains of its victims.
''I am worried about this year's figures,'' Dr. Roy Anderson, a zoologist from Oxford University who has studied the epidemic, told The Independent, a British newspaper, last week."
You just quoted a report from twelve years ago, what an idiot, and here we ate twelve years later and there have been so few cases that its all been forgotten years ago, the fact that you googled about it to try to find something and the best you could come up with is this, speaks volumes, and the fact that you actually go ro the trouble of googling all this stiff and leaving links shoes how sad a man you are and how empty a life you live
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what I said was absolutely correct.
Again.
Ireland is an independant nation, so what you said was completely wrong, if you had said northern Ireland then you would have been right, but you clearly didn't and were so clearly WRONG, if you don't know the difference between Ireland and northern Ireland, your education must have been non existent
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Northern Ireland is part of Ireland.
Do you need to check a map?
Northern Ireland and Ireland are seperate countries so it is you who needs a map, but as you don't have a brain to read that map it would be less than useless to you, as you are less than useless to anything else
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Why does america live under such an undemocratic system, I mean even your president is APPOINTED for you, you have absolutely no say in who your candidates will be, and you get to choose from a massive two parties, it is all so clear why britain is ahead if america in the democracy tables and why so many of tge worlds democracies are the British parliamentary model, because it is the best and only true democratic system, America need to make some changes and join the real democracies of the world with real prime ministers, british style, the home of democracy and leader of the free and parliamentary world

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Just dropping in to se if anything's changed.

Nope.

barefoot still arguing with as many different people as he possibly can in his attempt to hit an average of 80 posts a day.

Question: What's barefoot's favourite rock band?

Answer: OCD:C

Ok, carry on....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,661 - 42,680 of47,725
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••