In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 47711 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#44233 Dec 3, 2012
Thinking wrote:
According to Stephen Fry, in relation to its size, the noisiest creature we know of is... the pond skater.
<quoted text>
Hehehe.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#44234 Dec 3, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was elected. I understand: you have NEVER been able to vote for prime minister- an appointed office- and are unable to refute what I have said using the English language.
Donít understand much do you?

Obama was appointed by the Electoral College

Cameron was elected by his party who were elected by the voters

Refuted several times, the problem seems to be that you are incapable of accepting that fact is fact
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
States. The United States is a Federation.
What is the United KINGDOM, Skanque? What does the KINGDOM in united KINGDOM stand for?
Most people are under the impression being a KINGDOM would make it a monarchy.
Those who speak English.
At last you agree with me, well done, have you upped your antipsychotics or something?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how you like having the drippydick secured between your lips, so I take this as a term of endearment.
You have NEVER voted for the office of prime minister. NEVER EVER.
If I am lying, you should be able to prove otherwise.
Stop flapping your sticky gums: show us.
You can take it whichever way you want drippydick, tell it to your STI nurse.

Every time I vote I vote for a political party, the head of which may, depending on votes received become prime minister. Why are you so ignorant?

Honey I do not have to prove anything to you, whenever I have proved anything to you in the past you have ignored that proof and gone your own sweet delusional way anyway Ė in the words of a very clever man screw-you
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the minority of the members in Parliament who are elected? and the majority of a minority select a representative that they put forward as a suggestion to the monarch and and monarch can appoint that suggestion if she/he chooses to do so?
You just told us you voted twice for PM.
Which is it?
Donít know much do you? and you understand even less. The queen has no say in who a party elects as their leader. What she can do is approve or disapprove of that choice

Why do you LIE, I never told you I voted for the PM because one - I do not live in Whitney. And two - I also told you that I did NOT vote for his party. You really do lie too much and it shows you up as a lying T\/\/AT, must be something to do with JWism
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you keep insisting that they select and/or appoint the POTUS.
And I keep saying the POTUS is elected.
Funny how you cannot refute a single thing I have said.
PS: the sun rises in the east.
the UK is a monarchy
the PM of the UK is appointed
and I- like some 130 million other CITIZENS- voted for the office of the POTUS.
A typical example for the proofs that you ignore, I have shown you on several occasions the evidence of the way the US president and vice president is selected by the electoral college. I have shown you the US constitution and the relevant amendments that take away you right to vote.

Methinks you are getting desperate - again
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said or suggested otherwise.
The sun rises in the east.
Liar - http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who has to be reminded of how the British 'electoral' system works: the SUBJECTS of the Queen have no say in the APPOINTMENT process of the office of PM.
So you didnít actually read how the british electoral system works and you are sticking to your own delusions Ė well done
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Odoriferous Skanque: I heard somewhere on these threads that her hubby left her for a man who had less hair on his his face than she.
Thanks for sharing!
This is why JWs are so unacceptable to real people, they lie so fiooking much in the hope of gaining extra god points

Thanks for proving

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#44235 Dec 3, 2012
Thinking wrote:
According to Stephen Fry, in relation to its size, the noisiest creature we know of is... the pond skater.
<quoted text>
Yo amigo.

Australia defeated!

We claim the series 1-0.

Congrats on a splendid game of rugby, though...First team in a year to beat the Kiwi's!

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#44236 Dec 3, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Barefoot has had the PM's election explained to him by me and probably others also. His problem is that he conflates the PM with the president and thinks that, like the president, the PM is some kind of entity outwith Parliament.
But when you must pretend that ceremony and titles are literal in political institutions, you must distort reality accordingly. Barefoot, frankly, is a manchild.
Itís hard explaining to those who wonít listen and of course he has no need to listen because he thinks he knows it all

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44237 Dec 3, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Based on a single human case in my lifetime?
Yah.
I've already refuted your "single death".

"Increase in Mad Cow Deaths Alarms Experts
By SANDRA BLAKESLEE
Published: July 25, 2000

Sign In to E-Mail
Print

Deaths from the human form of mad cow disease appear to be increasing, British health officials have reported, but they say it is still unclear whether the increase is the start of an epidemic or merely a statistical blip.

So far this year, 14 Britons have died of the disease. That is as many as died all last year, and five others are known to be dying from the disease, which is always fatal.

If the trend continues and an epidemic is in its early stages, experts estimate that as many as 500,000 Britons could die over the next 30 years from the disease, which is contracted by eating infected beef products.

Even if the numbers begin to fall or hold steady, they said, hundreds or thousands of people are going to die from the disease, called variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, which literally eats holes in the brains of its victims.

''I am worried about this year's figures,'' Dr. Roy Anderson, a zoologist from Oxford University who has studied the epidemic, told The Independent, a British newspaper, last week."

Location hidden

#44238 Dec 3, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You do not wanna go there.
Northern Ireland, a separate political entity, is part of the UK.
Ireland, the nation-state, is not.
So what I said was absolutely correct.

Again.

Location hidden

#44239 Dec 3, 2012
Thinking wrote:
jesus culting christ - barefoot got *that* wrong too?
Northern Ireland is part of Ireland.

Do you need to check a map?

Location hidden

#44240 Dec 3, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is it you, and not I, who keeps running away from the refutation?
Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?

Who is running away, SuperFAG?

Location hidden

#44241 Dec 3, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
Nope, a loaded question is a question that contains underlying assumptions that will result in misleading answers...
Nope.

I understand you are here to try your best to provide the misleading answer.

The UK is a monarchy.

Location hidden

#44242 Dec 3, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
... and I give you exhibit A. Britain is a monarchy only in words and ceremony.
The **UK** is a monarchy.

Britain is an island.

I give you your misleading response...

Tell me, SuperFAG: does the monarch have the power to declare war, yes or no?

Location hidden

#44243 Dec 3, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
You refuse to go below the surface
I'm not the one running away from the quest, Superffffffag.

Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?

Location hidden

#44244 Dec 3, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, he's just melting down again. He'll come back and say "Well, it's Northern IRELAND. That's Ireland!"
He'll probably say that because Northern Ireland is part both of the UK and part of Ireland.

And since you did not specify either than either is correct.

Absolutely correct.

And since we are talking about people being banned for blood, Northern Ireland is specifically appropriate.

Location hidden

#44245 Dec 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít understand much do you?
Obama was appointed by the Electoral College
Elected.

Thanks for putting the lie right up front.

NEXT!

Location hidden

#44246 Dec 3, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís hard explaining to those who wonít listen and of course he has no need to listen because he thinks he knows it all
I know more than you, Skanque, that's what is important.

And I keep being right all the time, I understand how frustrating that is.

Let's see: Obama was elected, and the PM is appointed.

Give us a shout when you understand the difference.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#44248 Dec 3, 2012
You did play the better cricket more of the time...

England eh? Lose all the matches they should win, then beat the Kiwis? Madhouse.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo amigo.
Australia defeated!
We claim the series 1-0.
Congrats on a splendid game of rugby, though...First team in a year to beat the Kiwi's!
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#44249 Dec 3, 2012
The calendar clearly stopped at 2000 for you.
You must wonder what happened to the WTC, nonce.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already refuted your "single death".
"Increase in Mad Cow Deaths Alarms Experts
By SANDRA BLAKESLEE
Published: July 25, 2000
Sign In to E-Mail
Print
Deaths from the human form of mad cow disease appear to be increasing, British health officials have reported, but they say it is still unclear whether the increase is the start of an epidemic or merely a statistical blip.
So far this year, 14 Britons have died of the disease. That is as many as died all last year, and five others are known to be dying from the disease, which is always fatal.
If the trend continues and an epidemic is in its early stages, experts estimate that as many as 500,000 Britons could die over the next 30 years from the disease, which is contracted by eating infected beef products.
Even if the numbers begin to fall or hold steady, they said, hundreds or thousands of people are going to die from the disease, called variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, which literally eats holes in the brains of its victims.
''I am worried about this year's figures,'' Dr. Roy Anderson, a zoologist from Oxford University who has studied the epidemic, told The Independent, a British newspaper, last week."

Location hidden

#44250 Dec 3, 2012
Thinking wrote:
The calendar clearly stopped at 2000 for you.
Chester, nvCJD lasts in the blood a lot longer than the batteries to the ankle bracelet you are compelled to wear.

Years.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#44251 Dec 3, 2012
How many murders per 100,000 in the US? Now that's for real, nonce.

I know nonces like you live in fear but I don't.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chester, nvCJD lasts in the blood a lot longer than the batteries to the ankle bracelet you are compelled to wear.
Years.

Location hidden

#44252 Dec 3, 2012
Thinking wrote:
How many murders per 100,000 in the US?
How many child molestations around your house, Chester? Do they go up as the range of your ankle bracelet goes down?

The thing about living in the UK, Chester, is everywhere you look, you are surrounded by the UK.

Location hidden

#44253 Dec 3, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I know nonces like you live in fear but I don't.
The children and the parents in your neighborhood live in fear, Chester.

But then, you are the one crying about murders in the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min polymath257 239,446
News New Atheism's fatal arrogance: The glaring inte... 14 min Knowledge- 6
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 30 min woodtick57 7,484
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr MikeF 19,075
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr Thinking 2,218
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 8 hr Insults Are Easier 125
News Richard Dawkins insists he's not an angry athei... 11 hr Thinking 2
More from around the web