In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,711

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Read more
SupaAFC

Pitlochry, UK

#44212 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Slapped snot SuperFAG.
Vote for PM call.
You bore me.
Translation: Barefoot is running away for a fifth time because he has no valid rebuttal to defend his loaded question.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44213 Dec 2, 2012
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: Barefoot is running away
Translation: SuperFAG still doesn't know what a loaded question lis.

Translation: SuperFAG thinks a loaded question is a question that no matter how he responds he ends up looking the fool.

E.G.: Is the UK a monarchy, yes or no?

One key indication to whether or not it is a loaded question would be: can the questioner respond if the exact question is put to him or her.

SuperFag: I say Yes, the UK is a monarchy.

Your turn, Snookums.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#44214 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A) it does, going back to Fidonet
B) before Fidonet
I remember Fidonet, with it's cute little ASCII doggie logon screen. Sysops would chat with you and actually help, files were there for the taking. No stupid advertisements. Those were the days.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#44215 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You better be careful, Booby, I hate to see you come down on the same side of the argument as me.
Even you are right sometimes.

Location hidden

#44216 Dec 2, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Even you are right sometimes.
Do you want to see the list again?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#44217 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't.
You go wrong when you stop stealing the words of others and use your words.
Well, stomp your little bitty bare feet some more and tell us how the US is a democracy.

You love arguing. There's no doubt about that.

But you're an idiot.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#44218 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I implied no such thing, Chester.
Mind your ankle bracelet!
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The worst years for cattle deaths from BSE in England, Scotland and Wales, was 1992 (36,680) and 1993 (34,370). But millions of other cows have been destroyed because they were too old to go into human or animal food."
Two years = more than 70,000.
Chester.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#44219 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm... right...
Evangelists came to the football game yesterday, sporting the typical 'Jesus Saves' regalia- obviously the entire families, kids wearing placards while the fathers offered their messages from the bench outside the stadium... and he was surrounded by others from the crowd who heckled him mercilessly though they children stood before them.
Americans- as a group- are rather rude.
If someone had had a short atheist meeting, it would probably have ended in blood sport.

So don't go all fundie on us, barefooty.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#44220 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you needed blood, you would take blood from anyone willing to give it to you.
Nice that you continue to establish yourself as a liar, Packy.
Unless things have changed very recently, and I don't think they have, no one is told where the blood is coming from when they get a transfusion. Just like no one tells you the name of a transplant donor.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#44221 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: SuperFAG thinks a loaded question is a question that no matter how he responds he ends up looking the fool.
One key indication to whether or not it is a loaded question would be: can the questioner respond if the exact question is put to him or her.
Your turn, Snookums.
Oh, hayull. Here comes another meltdown.

Location hidden

#44222 Dec 2, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The worst years for cattle deaths from BSE in England, Scotland and Wales, was 1992 (36,680) and 1993 (34,370). But millions of other cows have been destroyed because they were too old to go into human or animal food."
Chester.
Do notice that not only did I not say "human" deaths, I specified CATTLE deaths.

Followed by the next sentence that specified COWS.

Now, NypHO I do understand already what you are going to say next: you have been called a cow many times.

Location hidden

#44223 Dec 2, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Unless things have changed very recently, and I don't think they have, no one is told where the blood is coming from when they get a transfusion.
English really proves difficult for you, doesn't it, nympHO?

Location hidden

#44224 Dec 2, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
barefoot2626 wrote:

Chester.
PS: Thanks for showing us all how easily you got confused. I find it hard to understand how anyone could get "human" death from the above two sentences but then I do underestimate your and meeko's stupidity.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#44226 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ireland.
New Zealand.
Saskatchewan.
Are you dense?
vCJD is a deadly born disease. In the UK. In Ireland. Everywhere.
You being exposed to vCJD means the picky snits in the USA don't want to risk American blood with your potential deadly donations?
Based on a single human case in my lifetime?
Yah.

The Borderland of Sol

#44227 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: Ireland still part of the UK. Check your map.
You do not wanna go there.

Northern Ireland, a separate political entity, is part of the UK.

Ireland, the nation-state, is not.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#44228 Dec 2, 2012
jesus culting christ - barefoot got *that* wrong too?

How can he be so stupid with just one head?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You do not wanna go there.
Northern Ireland, a separate political entity, is part of the UK.
Ireland, the nation-state, is not.
SupaAFC

Pitlochry, UK

#44229 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is it you, and not I, who keeps running away from the refutation?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, a loaded question is a question that contains underlying assumptions that will result in misleading answers...
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
... and I give you exhibit A. Britain is a monarchy only in words and ceremony. In reality, it is a typical parliamentary democracy that you see in any typical Western democracy.

Only you, Barefoot, refuse to go beyond the surface because your arguments are feeble and, quite frankly, petty.

But, you do petty.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your turn, Snookums.
Why answer a loaded question? If I say yes you jump around and say "ah ha! See? Britain's a monarchy!" then run away from looking at the practicalities of our government, and if I say no you go on a mental breakdown and start showing me the same pieces of paper and ceremonial rituals that to anyone else other than you amounts to absolutely nothing.

You refuse to go below the surface, you have run away from my refutation of your loaded question six times.

Are you going to make it seven?

The Borderland of Sol

#44230 Dec 3, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do notice that not only did I not say "human" deaths, I specified CATTLE deaths.
Followed by the next sentence that specified COWS.
Now, NypHO I do understand already what you are going to say next: you have been called a cow many times.
Bah.

You: "4" and "70,000".

A deliberate comparison of two totally different statistics.

Latest CDC report I can find states the TOTAL number of human deaths from vCJD, worldwide, as 205.

166 in the UK.
23 in France.
4 in the US.
4 in Ireland.

Over a 20-year peiod.

Yup, that's an epidemic.

Just by contrast, there are about 100 new cases of Hansen's Disease diagnosed in the US every year - about 10 of them NOT from countries where it's common.

That's leprosy.

The Borderland of Sol

#44231 Dec 3, 2012
Thinking wrote:
jesus culting christ - barefoot got *that* wrong too?
How can he be so stupid with just one head?
<quoted text>
Oh, he's just melting down again. He'll come back and say "Well, it's Northern IRELAND. That's Ireland!"

For the small puddle of hairy bouillabaisse he must by now metaphorically be, he sure is noisy.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#44232 Dec 3, 2012
According to Stephen Fry, in relation to its size, the noisiest creature we know of is... the pond skater.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, he's just melting down again. He'll come back and say "Well, it's Northern IRELAND. That's Ireland!"
For the small puddle of hairy bouillabaisse he must by now metaphorically be, he sure is noisy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr par five 6,353
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Denisova 17,924
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr Redefined 4
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aerobatty 236,816
News The Consequences of Atheism 3 hr thetruth 1,108
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 3 hr thetruth 14,494
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 3 hr thetruth 9,226
More from around the web