In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#44179 Dec 2, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I only post as "Thinking" you massive nonce.
So why do Americans die two years younger than first worlders?
<quoted text>
It's very stressful policing the world and keeping it safe for democracy. Some of the happiest people I've ever seen made their living knocking fruit out of trees with sticks and having their women fetch water with clay jugs balanced on their heads. At least judging by the number of smiles and the laughter of children.

Texas, USA

#44180 Dec 2, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I figured that since it is your "Topix" name that you must have picked it for a reason. If it is your real name... Why would someone use their real name?
<quoted text>In other words you have decided to tream them as you believe that you were treated by them.. Way to rise above the "christian hate".
I use at least part of my real name because I think identifying and assessing each other are fundamental components of effective Human communication. That is, after all, what we are doing here ... sort of. I do realize that being anonymous allows us to speak our minds ... hiding behind an avatar. Realistically ... Google Earth probably has a photo of your front door accessible on the Web and figuring out who you are from your Internet activities can't be too difficult. Our only real privacy if by virtue of the fact that there's so damn many of us and we are all so clouded in mediocrity.

Texas, USA

#44181 Dec 2, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Swedish meatballs are excellent. No illegal US growth hormone meat in Sweden's food chain.
<quoted text>
That's why you only get one meatball.

Texas, USA

#44182 Dec 2, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
US beef is full of mad cow disease
British Beef and Mad Cow are practically synonymous.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#44183 Dec 2, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
do not eat british beef

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#44184 Dec 2, 2012
Depending on where you live being an athesit is midwest small town can be dangerous. The hate filled violent christians always attack and slur and slander and spew hate towards atheist.Heck I know of close to a dozen people who got fired from there jobs when the bosses found out they are atheist...EVIL AND VILE IS RELIGOUS PEOPLE.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44185 Dec 2, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Wrong. You implied 70,000 human deaths, nonce.
I implied no such thing, Chester.

Mind your ankle bracelet!

Location hidden

#44186 Dec 2, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
you should jump into water
Review = Sweden has had incidents of mad cow, as I said.
Anonymous

UK

#44187 Dec 2, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ireland.
New Zealand.
Saskatchewan.
Are you dense?
vCJD is a deadly born disease. In the UK. In Ireland. Everywhere.
You being exposed to vCJD means the picky snits in the USA don't want to risk American blood with your potential deadly donations?
Are you joking, in America people are PAID for blood, what a dangerous policy, who are the people most likely to need quick money, in America its junkies and hookers, I'd much rather have donated blood from an Irish citizen than blood from diseased Americans

Location hidden

#44188 Dec 2, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
BBS'n on a 300 baud modem don't count.
A) it does, going back to Fidonet
B) before Fidonet

Location hidden

#44189 Dec 2, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I use at least part of my real name because I think identifying and assessing each other are fundamental components of effective Human communication.
Luckily, I keep a extra set of boots in the computer room for just this occasion.

Location hidden

#44190 Dec 2, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You better be careful, Booby, I hate to see you come down on the same side of the argument as me.
Anonymous

UK

#44191 Dec 2, 2012
I don't think any sane person in the world would accept a blood transfusion from Americans, I mean it is the nation of aids, hepatitis and countless other diseases, isn't that right barefoot, I wonder what the rates of infection are in America compared to Europe, but I think we all allready know

Location hidden

#44192 Dec 2, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you joking, in America people are PAID for blood,
Most American blood donors aren't paid outside of a cookie and a class of orange juice, and most countries allow compensation for donating blood, including paid day off.

Location hidden

#44193 Dec 2, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
Depending on where you live being an athesit is midwest small town can be dangerous. The hate filled violent christians always attack and slur and slander and spew hate towards atheist.
Ummm... right...

Evangelists came to the football game yesterday, sporting the typical 'Jesus Saves' regalia- obviously the entire families, kids wearing placards while the fathers offered their messages from the bench outside the stadium... and he was surrounded by others from the crowd who heckled him mercilessly though they children stood before them.

Americans- as a group- are rather rude.

Location hidden

#44194 Dec 2, 2012
straa wrote:
I'd much rather have donated blood from an Irish citizen than blood from diseased Americans
If the Irish knew their blood was going to end up in your veins, Packy, the blood supply would dry up.

Location hidden

#44195 Dec 2, 2012
straa wrote:
I don't think any sane person in the world would accept a blood transfusion from Americans
If you needed blood, you would take blood from anyone willing to give it to you.

Nice that you continue to establish yourself as a liar, Packy.

Location hidden

#44196 Dec 2, 2012
straa wrote:
I don't think any sane person in the world would accept a blood transfusion from Americans, I mean it is the nation of aids, hepatitis and countless other diseases
The UK is a nation full of people who were exposed to mad cow disease.

I suggest you wear a health alert bracelet letting people know that you don't want any blood transfusion under any circumstances.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#44197 Dec 2, 2012
More in the US...

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/bse/
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Review = Sweden has had incidents of mad cow, as I said.
Thinking

Saffron Walden, UK

#44198 Dec 2, 2012
Prove the paid day off claim.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most American blood donors aren't paid outside of a cookie and a class of orange juice, and most countries allow compensation for donating blood, including paid day off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 min Thinking 23,201
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 12 min NightSerf 2,346
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Thinking 232,925
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 27 min Thinking 150
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 5 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 15 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 16 hr Thinking 3
More from around the web