In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 2,125)

Showing posts 42,481 - 42,500 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes or no: Barefoot has stopped raping children.
Poor SuperFAG, only gets stiffy looking at children playing in the park.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
All public power in Sweden derives from the people

Oh ok now explain what "public power" is.

In America "public power" is where all power comes from also.
The problemis "public power" is a bunch of azzholes.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

straa wrote:
The American president is APPOINTED, the British prime minister is elected, i don't consider America to be a real democracy like Britain and Europe are, I mean you only have like two political parties, that is NOT democratic, I had the choice of lots of different parties when I voted for our prime minister at the last election, I voted labour but we lost, that's democracy, the conservatives and liberal democrats were voted in in a coalition, that's democracy, something Britain is and America is not
Yeah but look what you have to "consider" with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok now explain what "public power" is.
Explain why the official name of Sweden is Kingdom of Sweden.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain why the official name of Sweden is Kingdom of Sweden.
Abraham Lincoln did it.

You know - that guy that created the IRS in 1953.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Originally, only white men property owners voted.
So what?
NO. "Originally", nobody voted. There was no country. And nobody to vote in it. There wasn't even an earth.(which is not round)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
NO. "Originally", nobody voted. There was no country. And nobody to vote in it. There wasn't even an earth.(which is not round)
I know you're lonely and you boy friend dumped you but I can't help you out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you're lonely and you boy friend dumped you but I can't help you out.
Consider it added to the interminable list of things you can't do...

Like finding your own ass.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Buck! How are you doing?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you are very good at finding asses, boy. Of course, you have to get a carnival mirror to find yours.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I picked it because that’s what I was named as a child. I am not one to hide behind aliases, nor am I ashamed of the names roots, that story was written before I was born, nor am I surprised that crustards try and take the p|ss out of it. I have had the name all my life, do you really think you are the first fool to wet yourself laughing.
I see no point nor can I understand why people need to hide behind disguises, if they have not got the bottle to be themselves that that’s their problem. I suppose what we have here is completely different outlooks on life, there is me who as an atheist sees no need to lie about who I am and there is you who does.
It’s not belief, it’s fact, there were witnesses to that fact including the vicar who eventually apologised for his and his congregation’s treatment of me, I suppose he must have felt some guilt to demean himself to apologise to a 14 year old child.
It’s not the only or the worst occurrence of christian hatred and spite that I have had to endure in my life but it was the one that occurred during my childhood when people learn a considerable amount from experience.
FYI, this does not apply to all christians, I know some nice ones, for example my best friend is the wife of a christian minister, she has a masters degree in theology and is herself very well up in the hierarchy of their church. I have even come across a few genuine christians here on topix, christians who are upset and embarrassed by the antics of there fellow believers. Nope it’s just the hate merchants, the liars for their god that I find objectionable.
OK, I can understand that.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham Lincoln did it.
You know - that guy that created the IRS in 1953.
Buck! You are back!

We missed you!

How have you been? And what say you about the election?

The threads are very dreary without you.

Hey, doughnuts are infinite! As are buckets of water and those hairy worms in the garden.

Prove me wrong!
Face the Facts

Aniwa, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the day when bigots like yourself didn't like blacks attending public schools, bigot?
Back in the day when the Supreme Court decide your kind of school- inadequate for those who were other than white- was unconstitutional?
Bigot: you can't even get the history of early this month right.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor SuperFAG, only gets stiffy looking at children playing in the park.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you are very good at finding asses, boy. Of course, you have to get a carnival mirror to find yours.
Considering you are one of the misfits who voted for Obama, don't you think using homosexuality as an insult is slightly hypocritical? What next... when your false allegations of racisim fail will you then start using the "N" word against those who disagree with you?
You truely are a full blown idiot. Hey stupid, will you be standing in front of the voting place with your billy club next election too?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck! You are back!
We missed you!
How have you been? And what say you about the election?
The threads are very dreary without you.
Hey, doughnuts are infinite! As are buckets of water and those hairy worms in the garden.
Prove me wrong!
Oh, dear.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I voted for POTUS three weeks ago.
Tell us: when did you vote for PM?
Tell us: what does the K in UK stand for?
So you voted, you had the choice of voting for a guy who had ALREADY been selected by the electoral college or a completely different guy who has been selected by the electoral college. Funnily enough the political compass shows them as been within 2% a/l and 5% l/r different.

Maybe U r a Krackhead? That makes sense

What does the S in US stand for?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not vote for PM, spoogebreath.
You do rememember the office of PM is appointed?
You lie drippydick, however this is to be expected from a liar so I am not surprised. I would not have voted for Cameron had I lived in his constituency of Whitney but I don’t.

More lies, you are clueless. Those who are elected to parliament are voted for by popular vote of the citizenship of their constituency. Who will be PM is elected by his party, it’s usually the leader of his party but not necessarily, say for example the leader of a party was not elected by his constituency then he would not become PM. A vote for joe blogs is also a vote for joe blogs party and hence joe blogs party leader so yes the British do get to vote for who will be PM. There you learned something about the dark art of British politics so now perhaps you will p|ss off?

Let me remind you The United States Electoral College is the institution that officially elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. The President and Vice President are not elected directly by the voters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_Colleg... (United_States)

Also take a look at the 14th amendment of the unalienable rights of US citizens rights

Section 2 of the Fourteenth Amendment allows for a state's representation in the House of Representatives to be reduced to the extent that state unconstitutionally denies people the right to vote.

Is that democracy in actions?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The US has a Constitution.
The UK doesn't.
What part of the US constitution has you confused, Skanque?
The part that explains how I get to vote for POTUS?
The US had a constitutional document the UK has constitutional laws – live with it.

I am not confused but I see that you are, the 14th amendment that restricts your right to vote – perhaps that I the one you are conversed about?

Or is it nothing to do with the constitution and the Electoral College who officially elects the President and Vice President of the United States that has you confused.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not mean we don't vote, SCrotumLicker.
You understand now?
US citizens vote for POTUS indirectly.
UK subjects: do not get any vote for head of state at all ever.
Does it drippydick – does it?

The Electoral College officially elects the President of the United States

Read earlier in this post of how the british electoral system works but I will remind you, a vote for a prospective MP is a vote for his party and hence a vote of confidence in that parties choice of who will be PM. If Cameron has lost the vote in Whitney he would not now be PM – hence he was voted for by the electorate – twice.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Do you believe anyone can be god? That's only democratic, after all.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I vote for POTUS indirectly.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I don't think most christians are christards but that Barfy definitely is one!
<quoted text>
No doubt that’s he is, I heard somewhere on these threads that he was a Jehovah’s Wetnurse who had been thrown out for being overly aggressive.

There are not so many crustards in the UK (I have come across a few) but the US is a different matter, particularly in the central and southern states. I blame the excess co2 given off by limestone and acid rain causing religious hallucinatory epodes – the correlation is just too great.

Talking about JWs, I got a window sticker stating “no cold calling”. I have found that when opening to door to the dreaded JW knock and pointing at the sticker (sometimes uttering “did your god not teach you to read) has now reduced that dreaded Sunday morning knock to nil

http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/images/imgstore/...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Buck! How are you doing?
How do you ink he's doing. He's waiting for the forum to go quiet so he can post his creationist propaganda and lies about atheists, just like you an ill ticked like doing on a more subtle level.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt that’s he is, I heard somewhere on these threads that he was a Jehovah’s Wetnurse who had been thrown out for being overly aggressive.
There are not so many crustards in the UK (I have come across a few) but the US is a different matter, particularly in the central and southern states. I blame the excess co2 given off by limestone and acid rain causing religious hallucinatory epodes – the correlation is just too great.
Talking about JWs, I got a window sticker stating “no cold calling”. I have found that when opening to door to the dreaded JW knock and pointing at the sticker (sometimes uttering “did your god not teach you to read) has now reduced that dreaded Sunday morning knock to nil
http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/images/imgstore/...
Opening the door nekkid a couple of times worked for me...

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kingdom of Sweden.
is a democracy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,481 - 42,500 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••