In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 2,122)

Showing posts 42,421 - 42,440 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I figured that since it is your "Topix" name that you must have picked it for a reason. If it is your real name... Why would someone use their real name?
<quoted text>In other words you have decided to tream them as you believe that you were treated by them.. Way to rise above the "christian hate".
I picked it because thatís what I was named as a child. I am not one to hide behind aliases, nor am I ashamed of the names roots, that story was written before I was born, nor am I surprised that crustards try and take the p|ss out of it. I have had the name all my life, do you really think you are the first fool to wet yourself laughing.

I see no point nor can I understand why people need to hide behind disguises, if they have not got the bottle to be themselves that thatís their problem. I suppose what we have here is completely different outlooks on life, there is me who as an atheist sees no need to lie about who I am and there is you who does.

Itís not belief, itís fact, there were witnesses to that fact including the vicar who eventually apologised for his and his congregationís treatment of me, I suppose he must have felt some guilt to demean himself to apologise to a 14 year old child.

Itís not the only or the worst occurrence of christian hatred and spite that I have had to endure in my life but it was the one that occurred during my childhood when people learn a considerable amount from experience.

FYI, this does not apply to all christians, I know some nice ones, for example my best friend is the wife of a christian minister, she has a masters degree in theology and is herself very well up in the hierarchy of their church. I have even come across a few genuine christians here on topix, christians who are upset and embarrassed by the antics of there fellow believers. Nope itís just the hate merchants, the liars for their god that I find objectionable.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Thinking wrote:
I only post as "Thinking" you massive nonce.
Today?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchies donít work like that
Monarchies work like: the head of state is a territory ruled over by a monarch- as in the UK... that is why they are a kingdom.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
But of course you who lives in and loved your constitutional republic get to vote for who will be president Ė right? Oh No thatís wrong. Consider the Electoral College and call me when you get you vote for who will be your head of state.
Why don't you show everyone here where I said my vote directly elected the president of the US?

That would really show me! except of course I continually remind you that the USA is a republic and that I vote indirectly for the POTUS.

Compare to the UK, where there is no voting for the head of state.

You see, Chubby: Americans vote indirectly for the head of state; subjects in the UK get no vote.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
Wrong Ė the US constitution of unalienable rights specifically and deliberately *excludes* any reference to democracy.
You're ranting again, Chubby.

The USA is a democracy. Perhaps you can take a civics class after you take an English class and that history class to make up for all the classes surely you must of flunked before flunking out of school?

Now first, in the UK, you have no vote. None.

That should be easy to understand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have several links to some real doozies.
I think you forgot I am the one that said the lists where ridiculous- garbage in, garbage out.

I don't need to look at a list to define the UK as a monarchy: it describes itself that way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<
Donít know much about British politics do you
More than you, Chubby.

As I have show many dozens of times.

I start with being to respond HONESTLY to the following question:

Is the UK a monarchy? Yes or no?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<
Prime minister appointed by the elected party and ratified by the head of state. You show you ignorance and bigoted hatred with every post you make.
Gosh, Odoriferous Skanque: I've been saying the PM has been appointed from line one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!

It seems the syphilis has gone straight to the brain!

That you have and had no say in who is the PM, that the PM in the UK is appointed.

Does none of this ring a bell?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
You claim for US federalism (constitutional republic) is democratic and you decry British democracy (constitutional democracy)
The UK is a monarchy.

Not a constitutional democracy.

A) the UK has no constitution
B) the UK is no democracy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<
USA = constitutional republic = federation
You don't know what 'federation' means, either, eh, Chubby?

Do you want me to go down the list of federations that are democracies?

When did your husband leave you, Chubby?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
Nope I was a christian before being driven from the church by christian hatred and spite, itís the aspect of christianity that I am eminently grateful for
Right, because Christians are full of hate and spite, and you aren't, eh, t\/\/at?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does democracy come in to it?
You have to take a civics class, Skanque.

Federation and democracy are NOT mutually exclusive. Monarchy and democracy in this world are.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchies work like: the head of state is a territory ruled over by a monarch- as in the UK... that is why they are a kingdom.
Nope

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
See your doctor, I know I donít like you as a person but I would hate to see you collapse of die of heart failure or seizure.
Don't worry about me, Chubby, as they say over here: laughter is the best medicine and you keep me in stitches!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does democracy come in to it?
The democracy comes into it when we-citizens- vote in November every two years or so for people to represent out interests in state and federal offices.

I know voting is concept a bit foreign to you... you don't get much practice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
Tell us: what does the K stand for in UK?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you show everyone here where I said my vote directly elected the president of the US?
That would really show me! except of course I continually remind you that the USA is a republic and that I vote indirectly for the POTUS.
Compare to the UK, where there is no voting for the head of state.
You see, Chubby: Americans vote indirectly for the head of state; subjects in the UK get no vote.
Ahh right so you are admitting that you donít get to vote for who is to be president Ė thank you

You comntinually remind us the the US is a democracy and you get all defective and vomit excuses when you are told that the US is constitutional republic

As opposed to the US where the electorate cannot vote for the head of state

Indirectly?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ranting again, Chubby.
The USA is a democracy. Perhaps you can take a civics class after you take an English class and that history class to make up for all the classes surely you must of flunked before flunking out of school?
Now first, in the UK, you have no vote. None.
That should be easy to understand.
Wrong drippydick Ė juts because you do not understand the Constitution does not mean the Constitution is wrong. It juts means that you donít understand it
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you forgot I am the one that said the lists where ridiculous- garbage in, garbage out.
I don't need to look at a list to define the UK as a monarchy: it describes itself that way.
I just love it when you get all defensive
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
More than you, Chubby.
As I have show many dozens of times.
I start with being to respond HONESTLY to the following question:
Is the UK a monarchy? Yes or no?
In your delusions only

How many fooking times di I need to be HONEST - YES Ė thatís Y E S - in English itís still yes, in french oui Ė lets try some ASCII decimal 86, 69, 83 or hex 0x59, 0x45, 0x53, maybe you will understnbd binary 01011001 01000100 01010011.

D O Ė Y O U Ė U N D E R S T A N D
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, Odoriferous Skanque: I've been saying the PM has been appointed from line one.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!
It seems the syphilis has gone straight to the brain!
That you have and had no say in who is the PM, that the PM in the UK is appointed.
Does none of this ring a bell?
At last you begin to see the truth, you quote my post, I respond and claim it was yours. I have always said the prime minister of the UK was appointed by the party in power. You are the one who tried and tried to contradict fact.

And plagiarism will not help your case, it juts makes tou look stupid and brainless

And it looks like you are going into meltdown again, tell you nurse to put you back in bed
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK is a monarchy.
Not a constitutional democracy.
A) the UK has no constitution
B) the UK is no democracy.
The UK is both a monarchy and a constitutional democracy, just because it is not written in a single document does not mean that the British constitution does not exist

It is no ones fault but your own that you are incapable of understanding the politics of another country do not fit your dreams
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what 'federation' means, either, eh, Chubby?
Do you want me to go down the list of federations that are democracies?
When did your husband leave you, Chubby?
Yes I do drippydick, juts because you had to look it up

You bitchy lies are nothing bit bitch lies and indicate you are loosing it again
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because Christians are full of hate and spite, and you aren't, eh, t\/\/at?
Something like that, I see you are really getting into this plagiarism thing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to take a civics class, Skanque.
Federation and democracy are NOT mutually exclusive. Monarchy and democracy in this world are.
Read your constitution

Only in you sick and perverted hate filled mind
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about me, Chubby, as they say over here: laughter is the best medicine and you keep me in stitches!
OK I wonít Ė go enjoy you seizure
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us: what does the K stand for in UK?
Does barfy butt face is a ďUĒseless ďKĒnobhead do it for you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The democracy comes into it when we-citizens- vote in November every two years or so for people to represent out interests in state and federal offices.
I know voting is concept a bit foreign to you... you don't get much practice.
As I have said repeatedly you donít know much do you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh right so you are admitting that you donít get to vote for who is to be president Ė thank you
The only time I "admit" something is when you invent something I didn't say.

Funny how that is.

I voted for president- like most Americans in this forum- in the last month.

When did you get to vote for PM?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,421 - 42,440 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••