In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,724

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#43971 Nov 28, 2012
Thinking wrote:
"christ in me" also spells: "Stench, I rim!"
That's funny. jesus is a closet rimmer.
<quoted text>
That actually made me lol. Funny.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#43972 Nov 29, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That actually made me lol. Funny.
Who cares what a lying creationist posing as a fake agnostic thinks.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43973 Nov 29, 2012
jesus was also not very well endowed.

"christ in me" = "Mister Inch"
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That actually made me lol. Funny.
Thinking

Andover, UK

#43974 Nov 29, 2012
I only post as "Thinking" you massive nonce.

So why do Americans die two years younger than first worlders?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, liar, pants on fire... fraud... spooge sponge.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#43975 Nov 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mon- archy.
Call when you get to vote for head of state.
Head of state = inherited = monarchy
Monarchies donít work like that and the Westminster system of government and the British parliamentary system donít work like that either, your uneducated and hatefully bigoted opinion is not worth squat

But of course you who lives in and loved your constitutional republic get to vote for who will be president Ė right? Oh No thatís wrong. Consider the Electoral College and call me when you get you vote for who will be your head of state.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
USA = constitutional republic = democracy
UK = monarch = monarchy
Wrong Ė the US constitution of unalienable rights specifically and deliberately *excludes* any reference to democracy.

USA = Constitutional republic = federation
UK = Constitutional monarchy = democracy

You donít like living in a federation dictated to by the Electoral College then how about writing yet another amendment to those unalienable rights
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
USA top ranked school in the world.
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-u...
I understand: you have to move the goal posts.
PS: UK will drop in world rankings when they view Topix.
Oh look, itís not a school, the title of the page - World University Rankings 2012-2013 Ė gives a hint. I really thought you would have spotted that, perhaps you are thicker than I estimated I wonder how you manage to get the two concepts confused.

What goalposts? For one I was not addressing you I was advising a little news to Thinking. But seeing as you are so paranoid I will tell you that I simply quoted an INTERNATIONALLY recognised survey on SCHOOL performance, which is absolutely nothing to do with goalposts or with universities but everything to do with SCHOOLS. I realise you are a little senile and you have probably never had the opportunity to earn either being home schooled so I should explain but there is an age difference between the school children who earn school qualifications and the adults who earn university qualifications

P.S. Your opinion is just that, your opinion, however it is true that there are some intelligent and well educated Americans on topix, that of course excluded you.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchy.
USA = Constitutional republic = federation
UK = Constitutional monarchy = democracy

Not too good a politics are you? and you keep on falling for it. Just a thought, perhaps you are christian, you certainly act like a round and round in circles, deliberately ignorant christian of little intelligence. Correct me if I am wrong.

#43976 Nov 29, 2012
Thinking wrote:
We could all do better, but the christards want to do worse.
<quoted text>
I get the strongest feeling that barfy butt face is a chrisitian of the typical kind

His posts, although carefully not christian in the goddidt it all 6016 years ago last week vain are so typically christian, the incredulity that someone can consider something different to him, that someone can think, unlike him. The stubbornness in the face of factual evidence is typical of so many creationist crustards. And of course the propensity to repeat over and over and over and over the same thing again and again and again andÖ

#43977 Nov 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
USA = constitutional republic = democracy
UK = monarch = monarchy
USA = constitutional republic = federation
UK = constitutional monarchy = democracy
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchy, saggyboobs.
You are wrong AGAIN drippydick
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prime Minister appointed by the head of state.
Monarchy.
Monarch can dismiss the government.
Gosh... who has the power?
Donít know much about British politics do you
Prime minister appointed by the elected party and ratified by the head of state. You show you ignorance and bigoted hatred with every post you make.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, saggy boobs, democracy is a generic term that means many things to many people, many who have no understanding of the English language, people such as you, you silly Skanque.
Make up your mind drippydick

You claim for US federalism (constitutional republic) is democratic and you decry British democracy (constitutional democracy) and yet when you are shown the errors in your understanding of the US constitution you shrug your shoulders at the very fact that the US constitution DELIBERATELY excludes the very idea of democracy

You canít have it both ways

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am getting short of breath for the laughing at you, Chubby.
See your doctor, I know I donít like you as a person but I would hate to see you collapse of die of heart failure or seizure. Who else could supply so much free entertainment?

#43978 Nov 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
I have a link that says there's a WWII bomber on the moon... posted from a British newspaper.
Just because it's on the internet it doesn't mean it's true.
Start off with this: the UK is a monarchy, not a democracy.
Here's another:
THE LEAGUE TABLE OF DEMOCRACY
Here is how the countries fared on a scale of 1 to 100.
Denmark: 88.3
Finland: 87.7
Belgium: 85.1
Iceland: 83.5
Sweden: 82.9
Norway: 82.1
Canada: 79.4
Netherlands: 79.0
Luxembourg: 75.2
USA: 74.9
Germany: 73.2
New Zealand: 72.1
Slovenia: 69.6
Switzerland: 67.8
Ireland: 67.0
Portugal: 66.7
Spain: 66.6
Australia: 65.5
Hungary: 63.2
Austria: 63.1
Czech Republic: 58.2
Italy: 57.0
Cyprus: 55.5
Malta: 54.2
Japan: 45.8
Great Britain: 44.6
France: 42.8
Poland: 42.0
South Africa: 39.8
Costa Rica: 32.7
And I have several links to some real doozies.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users7/hsherman...

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users6/hsherman...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Pn6VAGlMjVg/Si2RhFH...

http://minnesotaindependent.com/wp-content/up...

All posted by the World Weekly News, just because a US news (and I use the term in the loosest possible sense) paper posts ďnewsĒ does not mean itís true.

Ever talked to your doctor about the Dunning Kruger effect you are suffering?

#43979 Nov 29, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that if you rearrange the last four letters of you Topix Monicker it spells 'Christ in Me'? LOL. That is funny. You are a closet christian.
Ok, donít p|ss yourself laughing

That took you long enough, are you a little slow in the old brain department?

Since when has a name got to determine a personís personality? Jesus fooking christ on a crutch, even the much applauded jesus christ was a convicted terrorist. I know a Spanish guy names jesus who is an airline pilot, does that mean we all have to bow down to Airbus 380s

Nope I was a christian before being driven from the church by christian hatred and spite, itís the aspect of christianity that I am eminently grateful for

#43980 Nov 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
actually a federal constitutional republic and a democracy.
Where does democracy come in to it?

No mention and deliberately avoided in the setting up of the USA

Your dreams and jealousy are not the US political systems but simply your dream and jealousy -get used to it

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#43981 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, donít p|ss yourself laughing
That took you long enough, are you a little slow in the old brain department?Since when has a name got to determine a personís personality? Jesus fooking christ on a crutch, even the much applauded jesus christ was a convicted terrorist. I know a Spanish guy names jesus who is an airline pilot, does that mean we all have to bow down to Airbus 380s
I figured that since it is your "Topix" name that you must have picked it for a reason. If it is your real name... Why would someone use their real name?
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope I was a christian before being driven from the church by christian hatred and spite, itís the aspect of christianity that I am eminently grateful for
In other words you have decided to tream them as you believe that you were treated by them.. Way to rise above the "christian hate".

#43982 Nov 29, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I figured that since it is your "Topix" name that you must have picked it for a reason. If it is your real name... Why would someone use their real name?
<quoted text>In other words you have decided to tream them as you believe that you were treated by them.. Way to rise above the "christian hate".
I picked it because thatís what I was named as a child. I am not one to hide behind aliases, nor am I ashamed of the names roots, that story was written before I was born, nor am I surprised that crustards try and take the p|ss out of it. I have had the name all my life, do you really think you are the first fool to wet yourself laughing.

I see no point nor can I understand why people need to hide behind disguises, if they have not got the bottle to be themselves that thatís their problem. I suppose what we have here is completely different outlooks on life, there is me who as an atheist sees no need to lie about who I am and there is you who does.

Itís not belief, itís fact, there were witnesses to that fact including the vicar who eventually apologised for his and his congregationís treatment of me, I suppose he must have felt some guilt to demean himself to apologise to a 14 year old child.

Itís not the only or the worst occurrence of christian hatred and spite that I have had to endure in my life but it was the one that occurred during my childhood when people learn a considerable amount from experience.

FYI, this does not apply to all christians, I know some nice ones, for example my best friend is the wife of a christian minister, she has a masters degree in theology and is herself very well up in the hierarchy of their church. I have even come across a few genuine christians here on topix, christians who are upset and embarrassed by the antics of there fellow believers. Nope itís just the hate merchants, the liars for their god that I find objectionable.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43983 Nov 29, 2012
Thinking wrote:
I only post as "Thinking" you massive nonce.
Today?

Location hidden

#43984 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchies donít work like that
Monarchies work like: the head of state is a territory ruled over by a monarch- as in the UK... that is why they are a kingdom.

Location hidden

#43985 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
But of course you who lives in and loved your constitutional republic get to vote for who will be president Ė right? Oh No thatís wrong. Consider the Electoral College and call me when you get you vote for who will be your head of state.
Why don't you show everyone here where I said my vote directly elected the president of the US?

That would really show me! except of course I continually remind you that the USA is a republic and that I vote indirectly for the POTUS.

Compare to the UK, where there is no voting for the head of state.

You see, Chubby: Americans vote indirectly for the head of state; subjects in the UK get no vote.

Location hidden

#43986 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Wrong Ė the US constitution of unalienable rights specifically and deliberately *excludes* any reference to democracy.
You're ranting again, Chubby.

The USA is a democracy. Perhaps you can take a civics class after you take an English class and that history class to make up for all the classes surely you must of flunked before flunking out of school?

Now first, in the UK, you have no vote. None.

That should be easy to understand.

Location hidden

#43987 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have several links to some real doozies.
I think you forgot I am the one that said the lists where ridiculous- garbage in, garbage out.

I don't need to look at a list to define the UK as a monarchy: it describes itself that way.

Location hidden

#43988 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<
Donít know much about British politics do you
More than you, Chubby.

As I have show many dozens of times.

I start with being to respond HONESTLY to the following question:

Is the UK a monarchy? Yes or no?

Location hidden

#43989 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<
Prime minister appointed by the elected party and ratified by the head of state. You show you ignorance and bigoted hatred with every post you make.
Gosh, Odoriferous Skanque: I've been saying the PM has been appointed from line one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!

It seems the syphilis has gone straight to the brain!

That you have and had no say in who is the PM, that the PM in the UK is appointed.

Does none of this ring a bell?

Location hidden

#43990 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
You claim for US federalism (constitutional republic) is democratic and you decry British democracy (constitutional democracy)
The UK is a monarchy.

Not a constitutional democracy.

A) the UK has no constitution
B) the UK is no democracy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 min Eagle 12 2,596
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Eagle 12 233,043
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr Morse 194
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 1 hr Morse 7
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 1 hr Morse 35
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr Morse 161
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Morse 1,450
More from around the web