In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 20 comments on the Apr 11, 2012, Spiked story titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43984 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchies don’t work like that
Monarchies work like: the head of state is a territory ruled over by a monarch- as in the UK... that is why they are a kingdom.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43985 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
But of course you who lives in and loved your constitutional republic get to vote for who will be president – right? Oh No that’s wrong. Consider the Electoral College and call me when you get you vote for who will be your head of state.
Why don't you show everyone here where I said my vote directly elected the president of the US?

That would really show me! except of course I continually remind you that the USA is a republic and that I vote indirectly for the POTUS.

Compare to the UK, where there is no voting for the head of state.

You see, Chubby: Americans vote indirectly for the head of state; subjects in the UK get no vote.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43986 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Wrong – the US constitution of unalienable rights specifically and deliberately *excludes* any reference to democracy.
You're ranting again, Chubby.

The USA is a democracy. Perhaps you can take a civics class after you take an English class and that history class to make up for all the classes surely you must of flunked before flunking out of school?

Now first, in the UK, you have no vote. None.

That should be easy to understand.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43987 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have several links to some real doozies.
I think you forgot I am the one that said the lists where ridiculous- garbage in, garbage out.

I don't need to look at a list to define the UK as a monarchy: it describes itself that way.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43988 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<
Don’t know much about British politics do you
More than you, Chubby.

As I have show many dozens of times.

I start with being to respond HONESTLY to the following question:

Is the UK a monarchy? Yes or no?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43989 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<
Prime minister appointed by the elected party and ratified by the head of state. You show you ignorance and bigoted hatred with every post you make.
Gosh, Odoriferous Skanque: I've been saying the PM has been appointed from line one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!

It seems the syphilis has gone straight to the brain!

That you have and had no say in who is the PM, that the PM in the UK is appointed.

Does none of this ring a bell?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43990 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
You claim for US federalism (constitutional republic) is democratic and you decry British democracy (constitutional democracy)
The UK is a monarchy.

Not a constitutional democracy.

A) the UK has no constitution
B) the UK is no democracy.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43991 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<
USA = constitutional republic = federation
You don't know what 'federation' means, either, eh, Chubby?

Do you want me to go down the list of federations that are democracies?

When did your husband leave you, Chubby?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43992 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Nope I was a christian before being driven from the church by christian hatred and spite, it’s the aspect of christianity that I am eminently grateful for
Right, because Christians are full of hate and spite, and you aren't, eh, t\/\/at?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43993 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does democracy come in to it?
You have to take a civics class, Skanque.

Federation and democracy are NOT mutually exclusive. Monarchy and democracy in this world are.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#43994 Nov 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monarchies work like: the head of state is a territory ruled over by a monarch- as in the UK... that is why they are a kingdom.
Nope

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43995 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
See your doctor, I know I don’t like you as a person but I would hate to see you collapse of die of heart failure or seizure.
Don't worry about me, Chubby, as they say over here: laughter is the best medicine and you keep me in stitches!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43996 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does democracy come in to it?
The democracy comes into it when we-citizens- vote in November every two years or so for people to represent out interests in state and federal offices.

I know voting is concept a bit foreign to you... you don't get much practice.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43997 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
Tell us: what does the K stand for in UK?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#43998 Nov 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you show everyone here where I said my vote directly elected the president of the US?
That would really show me! except of course I continually remind you that the USA is a republic and that I vote indirectly for the POTUS.
Compare to the UK, where there is no voting for the head of state.
You see, Chubby: Americans vote indirectly for the head of state; subjects in the UK get no vote.
Ahh right so you are admitting that you don’t get to vote for who is to be president – thank you

You comntinually remind us the the US is a democracy and you get all defective and vomit excuses when you are told that the US is constitutional republic

As opposed to the US where the electorate cannot vote for the head of state

Indirectly?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ranting again, Chubby.
The USA is a democracy. Perhaps you can take a civics class after you take an English class and that history class to make up for all the classes surely you must of flunked before flunking out of school?
Now first, in the UK, you have no vote. None.
That should be easy to understand.
Wrong drippydick – juts because you do not understand the Constitution does not mean the Constitution is wrong. It juts means that you don’t understand it
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you forgot I am the one that said the lists where ridiculous- garbage in, garbage out.
I don't need to look at a list to define the UK as a monarchy: it describes itself that way.
I just love it when you get all defensive
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
More than you, Chubby.
As I have show many dozens of times.
I start with being to respond HONESTLY to the following question:
Is the UK a monarchy? Yes or no?
In your delusions only

How many fooking times di I need to be HONEST - YES – that’s Y E S - in English it’s still yes, in french oui – lets try some ASCII decimal 86, 69, 83 or hex 0x59, 0x45, 0x53, maybe you will understnbd binary 01011001 01000100 01010011.

D O – Y O U – U N D E R S T A N D
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, Odoriferous Skanque: I've been saying the PM has been appointed from line one.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!
It seems the syphilis has gone straight to the brain!
That you have and had no say in who is the PM, that the PM in the UK is appointed.
Does none of this ring a bell?
At last you begin to see the truth, you quote my post, I respond and claim it was yours. I have always said the prime minister of the UK was appointed by the party in power. You are the one who tried and tried to contradict fact.

And plagiarism will not help your case, it juts makes tou look stupid and brainless

And it looks like you are going into meltdown again, tell you nurse to put you back in bed
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The UK is a monarchy.
Not a constitutional democracy.
A) the UK has no constitution
B) the UK is no democracy.
The UK is both a monarchy and a constitutional democracy, just because it is not written in a single document does not mean that the British constitution does not exist

It is no ones fault but your own that you are incapable of understanding the politics of another country do not fit your dreams
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what 'federation' means, either, eh, Chubby?
Do you want me to go down the list of federations that are democracies?
When did your husband leave you, Chubby?
Yes I do drippydick, juts because you had to look it up

You bitchy lies are nothing bit bitch lies and indicate you are loosing it again
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because Christians are full of hate and spite, and you aren't, eh, t\/\/at?
Something like that, I see you are really getting into this plagiarism thing

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#43999 Nov 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to take a civics class, Skanque.
Federation and democracy are NOT mutually exclusive. Monarchy and democracy in this world are.
Read your constitution

Only in you sick and perverted hate filled mind
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about me, Chubby, as they say over here: laughter is the best medicine and you keep me in stitches!
OK I won’t – go enjoy you seizure
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us: what does the K stand for in UK?
Does barfy butt face is a “U”seless “K”nobhead do it for you?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#44000 Nov 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The democracy comes into it when we-citizens- vote in November every two years or so for people to represent out interests in state and federal offices.
I know voting is concept a bit foreign to you... you don't get much practice.
As I have said repeatedly you don’t know much do you?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44001 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh right so you are admitting that you don’t get to vote for who is to be president – thank you
The only time I "admit" something is when you invent something I didn't say.

Funny how that is.

I voted for president- like most Americans in this forum- in the last month.

When did you get to vote for PM?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44002 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
You comntinually remind us the the US is a democracy and you get all defective and vomit excuses when you are told that the US is constitutional republic
I can tell when you start frothing at the mouth: your spelling takes a turn for the worst.

The US is a democracy. Take a deep breath.

The vein in your forehead is throbbing.

The US is an *indirect* democracy, as are *all* countries that are democracies in the world today.

Take a deep breath.

For a country to be a direct democracy, all its citizens would have to meet in the same place and vote on everything.

Clam blue ocean, Chubby.... breath out slowly...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44003 Nov 29, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
Indirectly?
Look it up in the word book.

Maybe you can run over to the flat next door and borrow theirs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 238,026
News Confessions of a black atheist 2 hr audy17 393
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 2 hr karvimaker 9,313
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr thetruth 2,059
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 10 hr thetruth 165
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 10 hr thetruth 7,406
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 10 hr James 14,604
More from around the web