In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 Full story: Spiked 47,713

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43793 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
You know someone is hopelessly list when they have to resort to pathetic insults,
Packies living in glass houses should not throw stones.
Anonymous

UK

#43794 Nov 24, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how the poor of China, India and other developing countries pay for Americans to sit on their arse. If they are poor, laboring mightily, under compensated, being exploited ... do you really think America is to blame? You've been drinking the kool aid again straa. Here's a hint ... the people exploiting those people live in the same country they do. Oh ... I know there's plenty who escape. They help exploit the poor, get rich, move away, blame America. It's fun, it's profitable and it's a hell of a lot safer than accepting personal responsibility or doing anything about it. Barefoot calls you "Packy" why is that? Are you from Pakistan and living in the UK?
America lives off the money of developing countries, that is a fact, it is them who you owe unbelievable amounts of money too, America lives off the work of poor people in developing nations, and has done for years now
Anonymous

UK

#43795 Nov 24, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how the poor of China, India and other developing countries pay for Americans to sit on their arse. If they are poor, laboring mightily, under compensated, being exploited ... do you really think America is to blame? You've been drinking the kool aid again straa. Here's a hint ... the people exploiting those people live in the same country they do. Oh ... I know there's plenty who escape. They help exploit the poor, get rich, move away, blame America. It's fun, it's profitable and it's a hell of a lot safer than accepting personal responsibility or doing anything about it. Barefoot calls you "Packy" why is that? Are you from Pakistan and living in the UK?
Because he's a racist goon, typically American, who doesn't know the difference between an Indian and a Pakistani, I have lived in Britain for over a decade, and am considered British by everyone that matters
Anonymous

UK

#43796 Nov 24, 2012
Spot the conundrum, oh what a world

Location hidden

#43797 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
America lives off the money of developing countries
It doesn't began true by repeating it.

Location hidden

#43798 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
I have lived in Britain for over a decade
Immigrant.
Anonymous

UK

#43801 Nov 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't began true by repeating it.
It being true is what makes it true, America is the mist indebted nation on earth, who do you owe all that money to, who is it that you have to borrow off every single day just to exist, that's right, developing countries with large poor populations, they pay your bills, that truth is an inescapable fact

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#43802 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he's a racist goon, typically American, who doesn't know the difference between an Indian and a Pakistani, I have lived in Britain for over a decade, and am considered British by everyone that matters
I see. So you've bailed out on your country, taking skills with you that could ease the plight of the poor and allay your guilt by blaming America. Sweet.

You're audacious ... I'll give ya that.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#43803 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
It being true is what makes it true, America is the mist indebted nation on earth, who do you owe all that money to, who is it that you have to borrow off every single day just to exist, that's right, developing countries with large poor populations, they pay your bills, that truth is an inescapable fact
So let me get this straight. We borrow money from "developing countries with large poor populations" and that makes us evil. Right? Where did the governments of those developing countries get the money to loan? Having America owe you something doesn't sound too exploitative to me. You don't recognize the bad guys in this game do you? Until you do, you're part of the problem. Sad.

Location hidden

#43804 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
It being true is what makes it true, America is the mist indebted
Best of luck with your ESL classes, Packy!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#43805 Nov 24, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
I will sit here and tremble in fear waiting for you, or then again, maybe I won't, what do you think

I think you are a silly spiteful little, Englishman.
Who has let some other man rob him of any decency or honor he might have once had.
But you are beneath the admiration of the heros you address,
and I will command your attention .
You will understand the solidity of the steel in my words.
Even correspondance with the likes of you ,is beneth my position. You are so far from the Code of Chivalry, surely you must be from some heathen's spawn. Begone with your pleasantries.
Act like a man or please prepare yourself to face the trials.

Location hidden

#43806 Nov 24, 2012
_Abraxas_ wrote:
<quoted text>
he isn't English.
Anonymous

UK

#43807 Nov 24, 2012
_Abraxas_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who has let some other man rob him of any decency or honor he might have once had.
But you are beneath the admiration of the heros you address,
and I will command your attention .
You will understand the solidity of the steel in my words.
Even correspondance with the likes of you ,is beneth my position. You are so far from the Code of Chivalry, surely you must be from some heathen's spawn. Begone with your pleasantries.
Act like a man or please prepare yourself to face the trials.
Firstly I'm not English, I'm Indian but have a British passport, secondly I have no idea what your sentence means, does it need to be deciphered

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#43808 Nov 24, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to be a hateful atheist,..
what other kind of atheist is there?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#43809 Nov 24, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
what other kind of atheist is there?
Aw, you are truly hurt by looking so foolish, you should just stop looking foolish instead of blaming everyone else for it.

Location hidden

#43810 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, you are truly hurt by looking so foolish, you should just stop looking foolish instead of blaming everyone else for it.
Krusty Odor's snappy comebacks haven't improved with weight.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#43811 Nov 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Krusty Odor's snappy comebacks haven't improved with weight.
I wish I had gained weight. Why do you have to remind me of how bony I am? That's not very nice.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#43812 Nov 25, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything you say, Hiawatha.
Sorry, Hiawatha wasn't of the same tribe as my ancestors. But if that's the best you can do as an attempted insult, I guess you'll have to settle for it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#43813 Nov 25, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
(quote)
McDonald's Big Mac
New York City:$3.29
Buenos Aires:$1.58 (4.80 Argentine pesos)
Johannesburg:$2.30 (13.95 rand)
London:$3.61 (1.94 pounds)
Moscow:$1.78 (48 rubles)
Paris:$4.09 (3.20 euros)
Shanghai:$1.31 (10.50 renminbi)
Tel Aviv:$3.50 (15.50 shekels)
Tokyo:$2.26 (250 yen)
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/05/what_...
Gosh... what can I say?
He said hamburger, not Big Mac.

This is a hamburger:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/product_n...

This is a Big Mac:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/product_n...

A hamburger here is 99 $0.99. A Big Mac is $2.99.

Once again, you prove your stupidity.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#43814 Nov 25, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are comparing the price of Big Macs- a very specific burger, a very specific product, do follow the thread, I can get... well at some time I could get a White Castle burger 4 for $1, so what?
He said you could buy a HAMBURGER for 59p there. You posted the price of Big Mac's and remarked 'what can I say'. You could say that you can't read or you could be honest and say you are just stupid. I vote for the latter.

The Big Mac might be more in places because of the price of the additional food items to prepare it. A hamburger has catsup, onion and mustard. The Big Mac has cheese, two beef patties and 3 slices of bread. New York's Big Mac is more costly than Atlanta's Big Mac because lettuce and cheese are less here.

You are truly a one trick pony. And that trick has grown old and the horse crippled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity Created Hitler 25 min Uncle Sam 170
why? 42 min Uncle Sam 13
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe fortuna 234,531
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 11 hr thetruth 24
The Consequences of Atheism 11 hr ChristineM 68
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 18 hr thetruth 1,233
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 18 hr thetruth 2,841
More from around the web