In America, atheists are still in the...

In America, atheists are still in the closet

There are 51437 comments on the Spiked story from Apr 11, 2012, titled In America, atheists are still in the closet. In it, Spiked reports that:

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Spiked.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#43537 Nov 22, 2012
straa wrote:
I don't think they have fox news in Sweden LOL, or any other advanced democratic country
You post so many stupid things that people must think you post them intentionally just to waste my time.

FOX news... is owned by Rupert Murdoch... who owns...

gosh... you are a real troll.
Anonymous

UK

#43538 Nov 22, 2012
The guy that owns fox, Rupert Murdoch, he had an almost total manopoly on a lot of British newspapers and tv, untill it was uncovered that they had been hacking peoples phones and e mails, and now he has been kicked out, the right wing news of the world shut down, his attempted takeover of satelites television networks, and his political influence is now gone, we are finally rid of him and his poisonous ideology, I'm sorry that you still have him and his political influence in America
Nikki

Brecht, Belgium

#43539 Nov 22, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweden is also free of many of the problems the USA has to deal with.
But I have noticed a culture there that seems appealing to me,
though honestly I don't know an awful lot about the Swedes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PBgR5pPYiiUXX
Sweden's lovely. I studied there for 5 months and the people are incredibly nice and the country is beautiful.

A bit cold though...
Anonymous

UK

#43540 Nov 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You vote for the Queen in the last election, Packy?
I have as much a say on the British queen as you do on the American president, none at all

Location hidden

#43541 Nov 22, 2012
straa wrote:
western democracies do not have creationism in schools
"Britain is the only Western democracy to require worship in non-religious publicly funded schools."

SOURCE: http://www.secularism.org.uk/collective-worsh...
Anonymous

UK

#43542 Nov 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me if I give this no consideration whatsoever.
I think you like to hear yourself talk.
Says the bitter, twisted old man who's entire life is spent ranting on topix like a rabid dog, it would be more humane for someone to put you to sleep, shall I call a vet

Location hidden

#43543 Nov 22, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly enough there were orders for 122 of them when the project was cancelled.
So?

Little bit of difference between "ordering" and reaching in your wallet and paying for one.
Anonymous

UK

#43544 Nov 22, 2012
Did barefoot just call someone a troll,hahaha, the rankist troll on topix is throwing stones in glass houses again
Anonymous

UK

#43545 Nov 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Britain is the only Western democracy to require worship in non-religious publicly funded schools."
SOURCE: http://www.secularism.org.uk/collective-worsh...
Except that in Britain no school children are made to pray, but in America they are forced to swear allegiance to an invisible sky fairy

Location hidden

#43546 Nov 22, 2012
straa wrote:
The guy that owns fox, Rupert Murdoch, he had an almost total manopoly on a lot of British newspapers
Minutes ago you said that no where else did countries have to put up with a "Fox" network.

FOX is owned by Murdoch.

Murdoch has a STRONGER position in the UK than he does in the US.

And owns news organizations around the world.

I cannot help you: you will have to learn to shut your mouth.

Location hidden

#43547 Nov 22, 2012
straa wrote:
I don't think they have fox news in Sweden LOL, or any other advanced democratic country
Let's bump this up to the same page and you can try to explain how there isn't a "fox news" in any other advanced democratic country.

Since Murdoch has a stronger grip on the politics in the UK than he does in the US, you must mean the UK is not an advanced democratic country...
Anonymous

UK

#43548 Nov 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Minutes ago you said that no where else did countries have to put up with a "Fox" network.
FOX is owned by Murdoch.
Murdoch has a STRONGER position in the UK than he does in the US.
And owns news organizations around the world.
I cannot help you: you will have to learn to shut your mouth.
Fox news is an abomination that eould ne laughed at by everyone in Britain, a channel like that could only exist in america LOL
Anonymous

UK

#43549 Nov 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's bump this up to the same page and you can try to explain how there isn't a "fox news" in any other advanced democratic country.
Since Murdoch has a stronger grip on the politics in the UK than he does in the US, you must mean the UK is not an advanced democratic country...
You dumbass, microchip is gone, he has no influence in britain, his attempted takeover of sky was squashed, his major newspaper has been shut down, and his other one, the times, is in terminal decline, and thank god, we don't have fox news LOL
Anonymous

UK

#43550 Nov 22, 2012
I have seen fox news several times, and oh my god, at first I thought it was a joke, a parody or something, but it continued to get more and more demented, and then just flat out crazy, before I realised that this isn't a joke, this is actually real, they watch this in usa, its one of their major networks, and that was frightening to think about, that these crazy people and the nation they poison have nuclear weapons, wow

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#43551 Nov 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Little bit of difference between "ordering" and reaching in your wallet and paying for one.
It just means even it would have been profitable for Boeing, but not economically viable for the buyers , who would have operated them at a loss.

Location hidden

#43552 Nov 22, 2012
straa wrote:
I have seen fox news several times
Rupert Murdoch.

Australian.

Vast holdings in UK media.

Location hidden

#43553 Nov 22, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumbass, microchip is gone, he has no influence in britain,
STFU, PACKY: nothing you say has anything basis in reality.

Location hidden

#43554 Nov 22, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumbass, microchip is gone, he has no influence in britain,
I guess he just wondered in off the street when he visited the PM Cameron.

Location hidden

#43555 Nov 22, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that in Britain no school children are made to pray,
(quote)
Collective Worship

The law in England and Wales provides that children at all maintained schools "shall on each school day take part in an act of collective worship". In community schools, the worship must be wholly or mainly of a Christian character. In Academies and free schools the arrangements will depend on the funding agreement, which will usually have a compulsory worship element built in.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#43556 Nov 22, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that in Britain no school children are made to pray, but in America they are forced to swear allegiance to an invisible sky fairy
What?

I have never been forced to swear allegiance to an invisible sky fairy.

Never heard of that before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min Chimney1 43,312
A Universe from Nothing? 14 min u196533dm 541
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 10,064
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 21,202
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 256,576
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr Eagle 12 770
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 18,592
More from around the web